Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Show us your festive lights

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 20th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I was going to post this in the threadjack thread but I think it derserves its own thread - its still a work in progress - just one more strand... :D

this is our backyard - the arbour and the tree beside it

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 20th, 2006, 08:50 PM
and the trellis but you cant see the lights looking into the backyard - so I need to add more lights or move them more to the front

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 20th, 2006, 08:51 PM
and some of the front yard - these ones kind of turned out a bit blurry - maybe too many cups off coffee

I know I should have moved the SUV :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 20th, 2006, 08:57 PM
thats it for now - sorry for the bluriness if I turn the flash off it just looks like they are turned off:o

still need to do the garage - not to sure about the top this year :eek:

rainbow
November 20th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Very nice pics JECM. And very nice house too. :thumbs up I love to see the Xmas lights but we never put them up. :o

Prin
November 20th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I like the blurriness. Makes it look more sparkly.:) Good job. Looks like a lot of work.:highfive:

hazelrunpack
November 20th, 2006, 11:38 PM
I :love: Christmas lights! So...Christmassy! :cloud9:

thanks for the holiday fix, JECM!:thumbs up

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 21st, 2006, 12:33 AM
your welcome - where are everyone elses -

I started putting lights up inside the windows - and I want to do more outside - but need to go buy more lights now :D

Prin
November 21st, 2006, 12:35 AM
I'd take pics of mine, but my man stole the extention cord.:D

brandynva
November 21st, 2006, 07:08 AM
We put ours up, but haven't turned them on yet. I love Christmas lights, inside and out. My husband HATES Christmas! He's an old scrooge. But that's ok. I do it anyway. :D He did put the lights up for me though. That was nice. I'll post pics when we have them on and i remember.

AliSam
November 21st, 2006, 10:33 PM
We are nowhere near the thought of even hanging ours yet. OK we have thought about but are too lazy. Probably this weekend depending on the weather. They won't be turned on until December 1 though. If I remember I will post pics when we are done.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 21st, 2006, 10:50 PM
I went and bought some more outdoor lights today, the stores are all but sold out of lights here - blue LED for the garage and I put some up in the kids windows - I'll post more outdoor pics once I can get a hold of my neighbour to borrow his ladder -

I have to give credit to mummmm for giving me this idea - I want to find her post - but its somewhere in the vast depths of the threadjack thread :eek: :D

Prin
November 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Cool... I wonder what it'll look like with the lights off...:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 22nd, 2006, 11:37 PM
Cool... I wonder what it'll look like with the lights off...:)

that is with the light off - or do you mean the lights inside the bowl -

hubby asked me how much I paid for it :D :evil:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 22nd, 2006, 11:39 PM
okay I am done the backyard - any more lights and I may blow a fuse back there - would like to do one more tree -

I just added some coloured LED lights to the Arbour and the tree. :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 22nd, 2006, 11:41 PM
you can see the trellis in the background I just added some blue LED icicle lights. :D

Prin
November 22nd, 2006, 11:43 PM
Ooo lala!! :highfive:

here's Joey in a few days... :D
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/xmas/109.gif

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 22nd, 2006, 11:44 PM
A closer look at the trellis and the view from above -I am fixing up the front ones too so they are not so crooked looking :o and hopefully I will get a hold of a ladder soon to put up the lights over the garage. :D

Anyone have any pics yet :D

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 11:44 PM
so pretty! :cloud9:

the restaurants and commerces around here are also gearing up... some have such lovely displays, lights, decorations :highfive:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 22nd, 2006, 11:45 PM
Ooo lala!! :highfive:

here's Joey in a few days... :D
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/xmas/109.gif

I never thought of that until now - hey thanks Prin :D

Prin
November 22nd, 2006, 11:46 PM
Oh yeah, I went down St-Denis the other day and all the lights are up... :cloud9:

(still trying to locate my extension cord...:o)

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah, I went down St-Denis the other day and all the lights are up...

and you didn't come see the beanies? :eek: (i live on the corner of st-denis, near laurier metro) :D :frustrated:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 22nd, 2006, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah, I went down St-Denis the other day and all the lights are up... :cloud9:

(still trying to locate my extension cord...:o)

take some pics next time :D

I got five extension cords going - had to buy one more today :D We lost our light timers though. :(

can you get extension cords to go in between the lights I wonder - like if you want lights on a tree but its not close to the other tree - but you dont want to use another outlet. :)

rainbow
November 22nd, 2006, 11:56 PM
Oooo, JECM....the lights look great. :thumbs up

Prin
November 22nd, 2006, 11:58 PM
and you didn't come see the beanies? :eek: (i live on the corner of st-denis, near laurier metro) :D :frustrated:

Well, I didn't know that! :frustrated:

JECM, I'm starting to worry...http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/xmas/g065.gif

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 12:42 AM
Oooo, JECM....the lights look great. :thumbs up

thanks - I am almost done - here some more of the front -

top my garage light dilemma - bottom thats the window I could climb out of then I would be on the roof - hubby thinks its too steep though :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 12:45 AM
those are just lights in the upper window - my house isnt on fire :D

basically the same I am just trying to make it less crooked :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 12:47 AM
The colored lights on the left are just hanging there - not to sure what to do with them :D

Prin
November 23rd, 2006, 01:06 AM
ooo tough one...http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/4.gif

wdawson
November 23rd, 2006, 08:04 PM
ok here are mine ........they didn't turn out great.....flash on you can't see the lights on.....flash off all you see is lights.......oh well but i did find the extension cord so i could take these :D

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
I never thought of that until now - hey thanks Prin :D

Uh-oh, Prin...Joey won't thank you for that! :eek: :evil:

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Nice lights, JECM....I'll bet they can see your house from the space station! And wdawson, I love the bows! (we need a santa hat on the :thumbs up ) :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
thats really pretty - I love your porch with all the lights on it.

I know what you mean about the flash - if I dont use my flash it looks like they arent even turned on - but if I do there all bright and blurry. :D

now all we need is some snow

http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/xmas/d026.gif

thats after I get my garage light on :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
They're pretty even without snow!

Prin
November 24th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Nice lights wdawson... (I wudda blurred out the address though..;) )

wdawson
November 24th, 2006, 07:14 PM
prin....then all the pets can't find the house.....now they gotta figure out what street:confused:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Okay so no roof for me this year :( must get myself a bigger ladder)

here are the final pictures of the front of the house - I just added some blue LED lights - I love the blue lights they are really cool :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Hey look theres my address - dont go getting any ideas now ya hear :D \\LOL just kidding your all welcome for rum and eggnog

technodoll
November 24th, 2006, 08:17 PM
wow you all have such beautiful decorations! :cloud9: nice job!

however... don't enter any competitions if this guy signs up... :eek: (you do need sound) :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks

full story (yes those lights are real): http://euphoria.jarkolicious.com/journal/2005/12/07/1413/

glasslass
November 24th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Trying to get hubby motivated to put ours up. We haven't had any lights on this home yet. That clip though intimidated him!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Trying to get hubby motivated to put ours up. We haven't had any lights on this home yet. That clip though intimidated him!

I took over the light display at our house a few years ago - hubby thinks its overkill and I am trying to out do the neighbours - but I dont care - I love putting up lights. :D

rainbow
November 25th, 2006, 06:32 PM
They look great JECM :thumbs up and yours too Wayne. :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 25th, 2006, 09:29 PM
The tittle IS show us your festive lights right ? :D Mine are just not up yet :shrug:

jesse's mommy
November 25th, 2006, 09:34 PM
My pictures will be up soon. I ran out of lights and need to pick more up tomorrow. The tree is up and decorated and the inside stuff is decorated. I have my gingerbread men outside and the front bushes have lights. I still have to do the house and the other bushes. I already warned my neighbor that I will be confiscating his ladder to do this and he said, "No problem. I have three sizes to pick from!" :highfive: I think I want to do the garage door too, but I'm not sure how to make the lights stick. The outside of our house is stucco. Nails are pretty much out of the question. (I tried to hang my Snoopy flag and almost busted my wrist trying to get the nail through. :frustrated: ) Any ideas on stucco?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 25th, 2006, 10:01 PM
LOL frenchy :D are they icicle lights - they tangle so easily - I spent a good while trying to detangle the ones I put up. oh and how come there not turned on. :D

I am gonna put some on our deck railing I have one more strand left :evil: :D

Jesses Mommy stucco thats a hard one :D can you post a pic of where you want them.

does your garage have any siding on it whats so ever can you stick the lights inside the siding - for the ones up top I used these all in one clips and clipped the light holder onto the shingle then there was a spot to put the light on.

jesse's mommy
November 25th, 2006, 10:05 PM
No siding on our house at all. I wonder if duct tape would work. :D

Unfortunately it's dark out so I can't go out and take any pictures to show you where I want them. :frustrated:

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Stucco, eh? I'd say hang some thickish wires and hang the lights off the wires, if there is anywhere to screw the wires down into..:o

rainbow
November 25th, 2006, 10:06 PM
The tittle IS show us your festive lights right ? :D Mine are just not up yet :shrug:

Frenchy, you are just tooooo funny. :crazy: That's just one of the reasons why we don't put them up outside. :D

jesse's mommy
November 25th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Stucco, eh? I'd say hang some thickish wires and hang the lights off the wires, if there is anywhere to screw the wires down into..:o

I couldn't get a screw into the stucco either. I tried to replace the nail with a screw when I attempted the flag hanging. I also tried the drill and I broke the bit. I didn't tell honey that one, I just told him he must have lost it. :o

Frenchy
November 25th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Franctly I don't put too many outside. I do put up a tree and decorate the inside. Can't wait to see if Monsieur le chat will behave ? :eek:

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I couldn't get a screw into the stucco either. I tried to replace the nail with a screw when I attempted the flag hanging. I also tried the drill and I broke the bit. I didn't tell honey that one, I just told him he must have lost it. :o

What if you plant a piece of wood, screw the wire into that and then hang the lights on there?

jesse's mommy
November 25th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I'm interested, but confused. Can you explain that a little more?

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Is the whole house stucco, top to bottom?

jesse's mommy
November 25th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Yes, most of the houses here are all stucco. I guess with hurricanes and stuff it's safer than siding because the siding gets ripped off and thrown into things. :eek:

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Ok, here's my non-artistic artistic rendering... If your house is short, then the woods won't need much support, but if the house is tall, then you'd need reinforcements.:D Of course, I'm only suggesting this because you want to be Griswold, right?

jesse's mommy
November 25th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I get it now, but it won't work because of the driveway. I can get the roof because I have clips, but the garage door is the problem. :rolleyes:

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Hmm... That bites. :D You'll just have to move to a non-hurricaney, siding-lover town.:shrug:

You could always just work around the garage door.:shrug:

I dunno- we were always very Christmassy, even if my dad never wanted nails in the walls and things. We'd just maximize each nail using the wire...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 25th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Jesses Mommy - they mention something here called removable tacky clay to put it xmas lights - maybe it would work on stucco and you could put them around your garage - I never heard of it before but it may work or maybe you could use chewing gum :D

http://www.wikihow.com/Put-up-Christmas-Lights-Outside

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 10:56 PM
lol look here:
http://www.truevalue.com/content/expertadvice/QuestionView.aspx?con_id=2372

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 25th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Jesses Mommy I found this just ask website - and I posted your question on it - but they want to know how much I am gonna pay them for their answer :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 25th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Hey maybe you can plaster of Paris over the light cord - on top of the stucco - then when you need to take them down you can just chip it off.

That'll be 15.95 :D

jesse's mommy
November 25th, 2006, 11:05 PM
That sucks. Look like I can't get my garage decorated. :frustrated: I guess I can't be a griswold this year. :sad: But I can say that my Christmas tree is packed full and EVERY branch has an ornament and I have enough left over to decorate another tree or two. (Ornaments are my downfall -- I can never have enough). :o

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 11:05 PM
You can also light up your windows from the inside..:shrug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 25th, 2006, 11:09 PM
That sucks. Look like I can't get my garage decorated. :frustrated: I guess I can't be a griswold this year. :sad: But I can say that my Christmas tree is packed full and EVERY branch has an ornament and I have enough left over to decorate another tree or two. (Ornaments are my downfall -- I can never have enough). :o

dont give up yet - do any of your neighbours have their garage doors done - you can maybe ask how they did it. :D

what about getting two fake trees and putting them on either side of your garage and putting lights on them - I saw some really cheap fake trees at walmart - or even real ones then you can plant them after.:D

wdawson
November 26th, 2006, 05:36 PM
how much is the doggy in the window

Prin
November 26th, 2006, 05:53 PM
hee hee very cute! (How much is he? :D)

wdawson
November 26th, 2006, 05:57 PM
depends on the mood of the day........:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 26th, 2006, 06:31 PM
aww that is sweet - :D

rainbow
November 26th, 2006, 07:51 PM
That's cute....but he should have a Santa hat on. :D

brandynva
November 26th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I love Christmas lights! I finally got a couple of pictures of mine.

The tree that Roscoe was so helpful with... He likes to lay under it now. Enjoying the fruits of his labor. :thumbs up
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/Picture003-1.jpg

My village. I enjoy this every year. I like to turn the lights out and look at all the sparkly twinkly Christmas lights.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/Picture004-2.jpg

And an outside one. Anybody spot two doggies in the window like Dawson's?
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/Picture007-1.jpg

jesse's mommy
November 26th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Alright I have a few, but they aren't the greatest. Our digital camera broke so I'm using the old one and the pictures aren't that good of quality. I'll try the outside tomorrow again when it's just getting dark -- maybe they can be seen better. We are the only house on our street that has lights up.

jesse's mommy
November 26th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Some inside -- again, sorry for the quality. We still have more to do...

jesse's mommy
November 26th, 2006, 09:07 PM
More tree, with and without the flash....

jesse's mommy
November 26th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Our tree topper. The whole tree is done with Disney ornaments. I have way too many ornaments and the tree isn't big enough to fit them all. :sad:

Prin
November 26th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Cool pics.:) :highfive:

rainbow
November 26th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Jesse'sMommy and branyvna.....awesome trees and decorations. :thumbs up

chico2
November 29th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Put mine in the wrong thread,here they are....

chico2
November 29th, 2006, 01:26 PM
two more....we're too old to climb up on the roof:D

chico2
November 29th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Inside ones did not turn out right,but here is one in my window..

Prin
November 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Yey! ;) (not the wrong thread Chico- there just happened to be this one along side yours ;))

Golden Girls
November 29th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Great lights everyone! I love *other people's* Christmas lights. Here's my artificial all year round tree but with lights - it's really nice at night.

Golden Girls
November 29th, 2006, 06:55 PM
See no exaggeration, I love my wobbly tree :o

mafiaprincess
December 5th, 2006, 11:33 PM
We've never really put up much in the way of lights...
I'm kinda proud even though it's not much.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/IMG_0449.jpg

TeriM
December 6th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Yeah, it's officially Dec so I can look at Christmas stuff and not get grumpy :D . Great job on the decorations everyone :thumbs up .

jesse's mommy
December 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Alright I've got some better pictures of the outside and I put up more lights. :D

jesse's mommy
December 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM
And two more...

Prin
December 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM
oo lala! I love your house too. It's so nice and bungalowy.:)

jesse's mommy
December 7th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Thank you. We like it too. It's actually rather deceiving because when you walk inside you wonder where all the space was hiding because it doesn't look like it has as many rooms in it from the outside. :D

Frenchy
December 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Great decorations everyone :thumbs up I love your house JM,looks very cozy :cloud9: So I know where I'm staying if I ever go on vacation in Florida :highfive:

wdawson
December 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
looks great....:thumbs up

jesse's mommy
December 7th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Our home is wide open! Plenty of space, bring the babies. :crazy:

Btw, honey won't let me put anymore lights out. I wanted to get some of the reindeer and swirly Christmas trees and some lighted Christmas gifts, but he said no. I do have an inflatable Christmas Winnie the Pooh, but I'm not going to put him out if I can't get the other stuff. I really want to be a Griswold.

Prin
December 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Why would somebody say no? I don't get that. I mean, if you were making him do it, then maybe, but if you're doing it, I don't get it.:shrug:

Frenchy
December 7th, 2006, 10:51 PM
JM, maybe you could put them in the backyard ? :shrug:

technodoll
December 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM
soooo pretty lights! :cloud9: how many days until xmas, again? :eek:

jesse's mommy
December 7th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Why would somebody say no? I don't get that. I mean, if you were making him do it, then maybe, but if you're doing it, I don't get it.:shrug:

I think it has to do with the fact that I make him pay for the electric bill. :evil:

hazelrunpack
December 7th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Okay, so I gotta ask... Who/what is (a) Griswold? And why does (a) Griswold like lights? I've been mulling it over for days and haven't come up with anything...

Beautiful lights, everybody! Very festive! :thumbs up I love Christmas lights!

jesse's mommy
December 7th, 2006, 11:22 PM
This is a Griswold:

hazelrunpack
December 7th, 2006, 11:27 PM
A wild stab here ... was Chevy Chase's character named Mr Griswold? You know, I actually saw that movie way back when I had a memory, but the memory is gone now...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 7th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Our home is wide open! Plenty of space, bring the babies. :crazy:

Btw, honey won't let me put anymore lights out. I wanted to get some of the reindeer and swirly Christmas trees and some lighted Christmas gifts, but he said no. I do have an inflatable Christmas Winnie the Pooh, but I'm not going to put him out if I can't get the other stuff. I really want to be a Griswold.

My honeys like that too - but I still have one more strand to put up - I put some on our back Balcony - and they dont go all the way across. We still need to get our tree and I want to decorate more inside.

JM how did you get the lights on garage?

Everyones houses look so good inside and out - when we our all done I am going to set this thread to music so we can all come and see the pets.ca light show. :D

jesse's mommy
December 7th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Yep. Chevy Chase has played Clark W. Griswold in four movies:
1. Vacation
2. European Vacation
3. Christmas Vacation
4. Vegas Vacation

jesse's mommy
December 7th, 2006, 11:31 PM
JM how did you get the lights on garage?

3m two-sided sticky tape with hooks. :evil:

mafiaprincess
December 8th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Where do you all put the reindeer, and million strands of lights when the Xmas season is over? Seriously though..
We have a large house, but it always feels like clutter to have the 100 boxes of Xmas crap, decorations, tree, lights, table ornaments, etc..

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Yeah, but griswold's house has a huge attic too...

rainbow
December 8th, 2006, 02:44 AM
JM...I love your house and the lights look great. :thumbs up

rainbow
December 8th, 2006, 02:46 AM
how many days until xmas, again? :eek:

Glad you asked :D

http://home.valornet.com/sabruf2/countchr.html

chico2
December 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM
JM,beautiful:thumbs up
I saw the Pointsettia outside and was confused,but then I remembered you are in Florida,oh well,a senior moment:D
In my house,I have to restrain hubby,when we go shopping,he just cannot stay away from X-Mas decorations.
HE wants something on the roof,but I say no way..I'm kind of Scroogie!

Prin
December 8th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Glad you asked :D

http://home.valornet.com/sabruf2/countchr.html

Gasp!! How come it doesn't work?! :eek:

Here's a different one:
http://www.emailsanta.com/clock.html

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 8th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I think I bought the last strand of LED lights in town - and they are green :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 8th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Where do you all put the reindeer, and million strands of lights when the Xmas season is over? Seriously though..
We have a large house, but it always feels like clutter to have the 100 boxes of Xmas crap, decorations, tree, lights, table ornaments, etc..

ours all go into big rubbermaid totes in the garage - :D

BoxerMom
December 8th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Our pretty yard :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 8th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Oh pretty boxer mom - I love the snowman :D - I am gonna go do some more decorating now :D