Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

mad pug doodles on the floor

pug lover
November 20th, 2006, 08:55 AM
every time rosie is at home by herself or thinks she is home by herself she doodles on the floor:yuck:

but just recently everytime rosie gets upset or mad or has words with the t.v she doodles on the floor now too

how do i get her to stop this?? she will walk around the house making herself doodle :shrug:

pugs pugs pugs:angel:

jessi76
November 20th, 2006, 09:00 AM
ummm remind rosie that "doodling" is only allowed on paper. give her washable markers? does she make little cartoon doodles? lol.... what exactly do you mean by "doodle"?

pug lover
November 20th, 2006, 09:09 AM
:sorry: doodles = poopies:yuck:

jessi76
November 20th, 2006, 09:22 AM
ahhhh, now I understand...

I'd treat her like a puppy. watch her like a hawk, confine her when she can't be supervised, or keep her on a leash attached to you. this way you can catch her in the act, correct her for it, and whisk her outside. It's imperitive you correct her when she's doing it.

since she's a pug, it should be relatively easy to confine her when you're not home. is she crate trained? if not, you could confine her the kitchen or bathroom area.

pug lover
November 20th, 2006, 09:33 AM
she used to be crated but she big girl now and has her house

when she doodles becasue of the t.v. show she is watching she is whisked out right away but does not FORCE her self to do it anymore stands at the door looking at us like we the foolish ones and not her

when we go out she goes to her house comes out as soon as the door is closed doodles and goes backto her house until we get back

at which time she sits right beside the doodle :frustrated:

jessi76
November 20th, 2006, 09:45 AM
she used to be crated but she big girl now and has her house

sounds to me like she is NOT a big girl since she is having accidents in the house.

when we go out she goes to her house comes out as soon as the door is closed doodles and goes backto her house until we get back

since she was crate trained, I'd go back to using it, as you would with a puppy who's not housebroken. confining her to a smaller space. so she CANNOT leave and poop.

believe me, if my dog was having routine accidents (at which point I no longer consider "accidents", more like routine bad behavior) I'd make some strict changes, to limit his freedom, asap.

Mahealani770
November 22nd, 2006, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry but I have no advice about your doodling problem, however, I'd LOVE to see plenty of puggy pictures!!:pray: :D