Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

linda

lindaisy923
November 19th, 2006, 07:48 PM
:dog: Hello my name is Linda and my dog's name is Ziggy , i've had Ziggy for 13 years now, he is an English Terrier, he has always been a very spunky dog.
But the past 6 months I've seen a rapid decline in his health.And it is very hard to see him like this, so I decided to join this group so I won't feel so alone in this. The vet tells me he has an enlarged heart and a rapid heart murmer, he coughs alot, other than that there is nothingelse wrong with him, he still eats, not as much, he still likes to go for walks. Right now I am confused about keeping him on the heart medication. I don't see any difference with him. Thank You your input is appreciated.
His medication is called enelapril, if anyone has any experience with this

Frenchy
November 19th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Hi Linda, I'm sorry to hear about Ziggy :sad: I'm sure someone here knows about this med and will help with your decision.

free
November 19th, 2006, 08:31 PM
sorry to hear about ziggy. i have a 15 yr old dog with a murmur and enlarged heart. we have been monitoring him for years, this past april our vet put him on diuretics because he was coughing more and said we might have to add more meds with it. if you look up the meds ziggy is on they say that it is sometimes used with a diuretic. if you do not see an improvement go back to your vet and ask what else can he try. good luck

meb999
November 19th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Hi Linda, and http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif to pets.ca.

I'm so sorry to hear about Ziggy. I don't know anything about that medication, maybe you could post about it in the pet-health forum? It might get 'seen' a little more, and you'd get more input :shrug: