Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I have a dog for y'all to figure out!!

LeslieRN
November 18th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone, I just found this forum today and I hope we can decide on what kind of dog we have!!! She is the cutest little dog- just the perfect size. She weighs just 22 lbs!!!

We found her at a shelter and fell in love with her at first site. She was with her brother but she made 3 dogs and we were getting ready to move into a smaller house and yard and could just take one of them.

According to her papers, she is part daushound and part beagle. She has the ears that could be either beagle or daushound but her bark is definately beagle- espically when she gets excited!!:crazy:

She is very smart and very loving!! If you don't watch out she will be in your lap in a flash. :D

Now here is the unusual part- on the back of her head she has a ridge of hair that goes the opposite direction!!!:eek: Someone told me about the Rodesion ridgebacks- but they had ridges that go the entire length of their backs. Lil Bit's is only on the back of her head.

I have some pictures but don't know how to post a picture to the forum- if somone can help you can see her ridge by yourselves.

Thanks!

Leslie

Okay for those of you who asked here are the pictures....

meb999
November 18th, 2006, 03:51 PM
posting a pic is super easy. as you post a reply, scroll down (past the box where you fill in a message) to a button called 'MANAGE ATTACHEMENTS'
click on it. It will let you search your computer (mine is in french, so I can't tell you exactly what it's called!) for an image then you click 'UPLOAD'
Wait for the upload to be done, then submit your reply!

wdawson
November 18th, 2006, 04:43 PM
wow.......must be the new designer breed.....the invisadoodle :D

Prin
November 18th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Don't beagles have that hair thingy too? A lot of beagles I've met have it. Rhodesians are enormous compared to your dog.

I'd say beagle/dachs from the pics anyway...

mummummum
November 18th, 2006, 07:28 PM
What a cutie-pie !!! She reminds me of mafiaprincess's Cider a tad in the face.

Frenchy
November 18th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I say we need more pics to figure this out :D

Hunter's_owner
November 18th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Don't beagles have that hair thingy too? A lot of beagles I've met have it. Rhodesians are enormous compared to your dog.

I'd say beagle/dachs from the pics anyway...

My beagle has that hair ridge most of the time, so yeah I would say beagle cross.

ILoveMutts!
November 19th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Could be Beagle x Cocker. The short hair is dominant.

MyBirdIsEvil
November 19th, 2006, 08:33 PM
His face does kind of look cockerish but we had a beagle/chihuahua cross and he looked real similar (except he had bigger eyes), so I think beagle crosses just end up looking like that a lot.
Beagle daschund mixes are very common for some reason, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he is, though they usually have shorter legs, so I don't know.

OntarioGreys
November 21st, 2006, 09:07 AM
The ridge is a dog's version of a cowlick sometimes you will see a ridge of hair at the shoulders, back of the thighs or below the ears

Callie a purebred greyhound ridge running done from the ear

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/fa15a731.jpg

Maya also a purebred greyhound has the mohawk not the best pic for showing, but you can see part of it just below the collar though it runs up to the base of her head

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/8119f681956d08d9acf4d62b9e57a320b.jpg

Smiley14
November 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
I was going to say cowlick as well. Petey, my GSP, has a very pronounced cowlick running down the back of his neck to his shoulders. Everyone always laughs at it because it's so cute. :)