Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bella

SARAH
November 18th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Just transferring the running commentary on Bella's adoption since she is now officially adopted :highfive:

She's taken posession of the double bed she and Dani will be sharing, playing with the toys, been for a walk on the double-leash (the pulling being done by Dani!), and being a sweet, cuddly girl.

So the original shelter said she was 6 and Frenchy's vet said 3-4, whatever her age we don't care. The years she has left to live will be happy ones in a home full of love.

Welcome home Bella :grouphug: :dog:

hazelrunpack
November 18th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Such a happy story! I'm so glad everything worked out so well for everybody! :highfive: :grouphug:

mummummum
November 18th, 2006, 02:41 PM
That's great ~ please post some pix of Dani and Bella together !!!

Frenchy
November 18th, 2006, 04:02 PM
So glad ! Bella fitted right at home as soon as she walked in. And i can tell you guys, she is going to be spoooooooiled ! :cloud9:

chico2
November 18th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Tack so mycket Sarah(thank you in Swedish:D almost the same as Norwegian)for making a home for Bella!!

~michelle~
November 18th, 2006, 04:23 PM
soooo exciting congrats

lewisw
November 18th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Gotta tell you Bella is settling in nice and WE love and adore her already.
She is a real cuddle bunny.
Here are some more pics..
Bella on my lap Dani next to us on the couch
http://www.atozfitness.com/dani/IMGP0669.JPG
She likes my lap and I love her already
http://www.atozfitness.com/dani/IMGP0670.JPG
Sarah making nice to them both....
http://www.atozfitness.com/dani/IMGP0672.JPG

They BOTH love their treats
http://www.atozfitness.com/dani/IMGP0656.JPG

meb999
November 18th, 2006, 06:07 PM
nice pictures!! :thumbs up :cloud9:

Frenchy
November 18th, 2006, 06:13 PM
See Chico2 how Bella misses her foster mom ? :rolleyes: So already on the couch hey ! It's so cool for me to see these pics,not only I have updates but I have pics too ! Thanks :grouphug:

SARAH
November 18th, 2006, 06:29 PM
She's even more adorable than she looks :) Got a new bandage for her tail ( taped it to her fur, it stays on now), and gone for a car-ride and visit, received a visit, and is "helping" me type by sticking her head under my left arm (great "help", thanks Bella! lol)

We're about to BBQ some T-bones, guess who's getting the bones ;)

Happy, happy ending for Bella. Dani doesn't seem quite sure if this new dog is staying or not, but shares her toys nicely and the feeding is going well too - no squabbles, and there's even food left in both bowls!

Btw chicco2, where in Sweden are you from, and where are you now?

Prin
November 18th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Um... No cooked bones for doggies eh? :o

meb999
November 18th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Um... No cooked bones for doggies eh? :o

I was just about to ssay the same thing :o

Prin
November 18th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I hope we're not too late...:o

mummummum
November 18th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Life throws some pretty nasty curveballs to animals and I think about what many of our darlings have had to endure ~ the cruelty, the loneliness, the abandonment...pictures like yours of Dani and Bella remind me that sometimes there are happy endings.:angel:

p.s. if you hadn't told me there was a "lap" in that picture I would never have known ~ great to see this beautiful grrrl so happy and relaxed with Dani at her side.:grouphug: :dog::dog: :grouphug:

SARAH
November 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM
LOL, tooooo late :eek: but they loved it! And the cooked broccoli, raw tomato ... hey, giv'em a break, it's the first night! I'll get a veal shoulderbone from the buthcher first occasion!

Btw, Bella is renamed (and doesn't mind) SHEBA as in the Queen of Sheba! Mainly because Lewis' late grandma's name was Bella, and Mama Wolk was a "bit" put off by the dog having her Mom's name ...

We just took them both for yet another walk (Sheaba is SO good on a leash) and we're heading for the latest Bond, James Bond, leaving them to sleep and absorb the day's events.

Oh, and Frenchy, Sheba does not clean out all food, her bowl still has half her supper left in it. She and Dani have been drinking from both water bowls but leaving the food bowls as if they respect the other's ration. Cute. Right now they are both at the door of our office, nose on out-stretched paws, sleeping. Adorable!

But, we STILL don't have a guard-dog! The only thing Dani will bark at is a squirrel or most cats (except one little grey kitty), and apparently Sheba isn't vocal either! Oh well :)

100%doglover
November 18th, 2006, 07:53 PM
:thumbs up Yaaaay!!!! I love such happy endings!

Prin
November 18th, 2006, 08:21 PM
It's just that cooked bones splinter and get stuck in the GI tract. :o

mafiaprincess
November 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I have a friend whose father gave her english springer a t-bone, after he was done to be 'nice'. He wouldn't let her look at his bum, couldn't go potty. Next day was in the vet being anesthetized so they could pull the remaining splintered bone out of his rectum..

Cooked bones are not meant to be eaten by dogs, ever.

meb999
November 18th, 2006, 11:07 PM
LOL, tooooo late :eek: but they loved it! And the cooked broccoli, raw tomato ... hey, giv'em a break, it's the first night! I'll get a veal shoulderbone from the buthcher first occasion!

It really isn't a good idea....you can give 100 cooked bones without incident, but it's the one time that bone the splinters...you'll regret it. It'll cost you a fortune in vet bills, and could endanger the life of your dog!!

meb999
November 18th, 2006, 11:29 PM
some interesting reading :

http://www.ahimsarescuefoundation.org/bones.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog

Dangerous substances
Some foods commonly enjoyed by humans are dangerous to dogs, including chocolate (Theobromine poisoning), onions, grapes and raisins [11], some types of gum, certain sweeteners[12] and Macadamia nuts. Now that it is thought that the only dangerous substance in chocolate is the cocoa, this means that white chocolate can be used as a rare treat.

The acute danger from grapes and raisins has been uncovered only since about 2000, and made public slowly since then. At present the cause is not known, but one veterinarian [13] believes it may be an acute auto-immune response to plant-borne viruses [14] in the same manner as FIP in cats. Whatever the reason, since only small quantities are necessary to induce acute renal failure, dogs should not be fed grapes or raisins, and sultanas and currants should likely be withheld as well.

Cooked bones should never be given to dogs, as the heat changes the chemical and physical properties so that they cannot be chewed properly, splintering into jagged shards, and resist digestion.

Human medications should not be given to a dog as a substitute for their regular medication as some can be especially toxic, especially paracetamol/acetaminophen (Tylenol). Alcoholic beverages pose much of the same hazards to dogs as they do to humans.

Dogs may also find some poisons attractive, including antifreeze, snail bait, insect bait, and rodent poisons. Antifreeze may be one of the most insidious of poisons to dogs because of its sweet taste and because a dog may walk upon or lie down upon a spill of it or its residue and then lick it off. Dogs must be kept strictly away from antifreeze and not allowed access to any place that has had a spill of it that has not been completely removed.

Plants such as caladium, dieffenbachia and philodendron will cause throat irritations that will burn the throat going down as well as coming up. Hops are particularly dangerous and even small quantities can lead to malignant hyperthermia. [15]

Amaryllis, daffodil, english ivy, iris, and tulip (especially the bulbs) cause gastric irritation and sometimes central nervous system excitement followed by coma, and, in severe cases, even death.

Ingesting foxglove, lily of the valley, larkspur and oleander can be life threatening because the cardiovascular system is affected. Equally life threatening is the yew which affects the nervous system. If any of these plants are ingested, get the dog to a veterinarian immediately.

Many household cleaners such as ammonia, bleach, disinfectants, drain cleaner, soaps, detergents, and other cleaners, mothballs and matches are dangerous to dogs, as are cosmetics such as deodorants, hair coloring, nail polish and remover, home permanent lotion, and suntan lotion.

lewisw
November 19th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Hey all,
just to let you know they will both never get another cooked bone.
Thanks so much to all of you for letting us know.

Btw Bella (now Sheeba) slept with us on her b ed in our bedroom and would come during the night to both sides of our bed put her nose on the bed get a scratch and go back to sleep.

She is really delicious. I think we heard one small growl from Dani whil Sheeba stretch out maybe pushing Dani a bit on the dog bed but they ended up finding threre own spot on the dog bed most of the night till Dani got up and went to the spare bed where she normaly sleeps.

will keep you all updated but they are a great couple Dani and Sheeba.

Lewis

Frenchy
November 19th, 2006, 07:22 AM
You can call Bella what you want. I'm sure she doesn't mind . All that matters to her now is that she's in doggie heaven ! :cloud9: And yes,Sheba = :queen: good call ! It's ok for Dani to growl here and there,she has to explain the house rules to Sheba and that's how they do it.:dog: :pawprint:

chico2
November 19th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Frenchy,I see what you mean Bella/Sheeba,seems perfectly happy:cloud9:
I have no experience with shelter/abandonned/stray dogs,but can imagine they'd be lapping up any love and affection they can get,beeing very happy to be in a nice,warm loving place.:dog:

Frenchy
November 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM
but can imagine they'd be lapping up any love and affection they can get,beeing very happy to be in a nice,warm loving place.:dog:

That's why rescue dogs (and cats) are the best :thumbs up

SARAH
November 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Lapping it up and asking for more! If she could purr she would! The funny thing this morning though ...

when we give Sheba a treat, she'll sit up pretty, something Dani never does. Guess what happened when I gave them a slice of low-fat cheese this morning? TWO dogs sitting pretty, too cute :angel:

Dani pulls on her leash, more so with Lewis holding her than me, so guess who walks which dog when we go together :rolleyes: Actually, Dani pulls less and less, she's not happy with the short yanks I give on the leash when she does pull, I just have to watch out and see the squirrels and :cat: s before her if I don't want to have my arm pulled out of its' socket :yell:

They are both at our feet, snoozing, after having watched over my cooking for the past hour or so (we're having friends over for brunch) in case I missed something :D

All is well, have a nice Sunday everyone :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 19th, 2006, 08:00 AM
TWO dogs sitting pretty, too cute :angel:

OMG ! We MUST see a pic , one day , no pressure ! tap tap tap :D

SARAH
November 19th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Could someone with forum authority change me from "Bella's keeper" to being "Sheba's keeper" please? :pray: Just for the form. Thank you :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 19th, 2006, 09:53 AM
You can pm Marko :) if you just find one of his many posts and click on his name there is an option to send a pm. :)

Good luck with Sheba - thanks for giving her a home :D

meb999
November 19th, 2006, 01:15 PM
just to let you know they will both never get another cooked bone.
Thanks so much to all of you for letting us know.

:thumbs up :thumbs up

I'm so happy for Sheba, I keep comin' back to this thread...it's like my happy thread :D

Frenchy
November 19th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Could someone with forum authority change me from "Bella's keeper" to being "Sheba's keeper" please? :pray: Just for the form. Thank you :)

Click on User CP (top left corner on the blue bar) and you can edit your name.

Prin
November 19th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Really? I don't think so.. I think it's something Marko has to do.:shrug:

Frenchy
November 19th, 2006, 06:46 PM
oh yes,you're probably right. You can only change your quote and stuff....

Prin
November 19th, 2006, 06:47 PM
And your authoritay.:D

Frenchy
November 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM
And your authoritay.:D

:offtopic: I will never change it :evil:

SARAH
November 19th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Click on User CP (top left corner on the blue bar) and you can edit your name.

NOPE, looks like I can changing everything BUT that! Password, profile, etc, but not the actual username.

SARAH
November 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
Subject: HELLO !

Just wandering how's the family doing ?

This came from Frenchy a little while ago, and here's my answer:

Busy :D which is why we haven't posted much.

Lewis got a cold and is coughing his lungs out (figuratively I'm happy to say), and both dogs are wondering why he barks all of a sudden. They go for 3, 4, 5 even 6 walks every day, depending on demand and weather. Sheba is being a bully, pushing Dani out of the way because SHE wants all the petting and cuddling and attention, which Lewis is all too ready to let her have. Poor little Dani has therefore decided to stick to me, because I'm not as happy with the bullying and tell Sheba to back off from time to time. Yesterday was rather funny, because Lewis wanted to take them both out alone, but Dani refused to get hooked up on the double leash with Sheba and came over to me in the livingroom - sort of saying hey, you walk with me alone, let the other two have the other leash! When I followed her, she was dancing and happy, I'd understood what she wanted! She didn't pull once on that walk :) but we had fun, seeing which "team" would stay ahead of the other! Dani and I won! :highfive:

We can leave them alone at home for up to two hours at a time without any trouble (haven't tried longer yet). Sheba whines when we leave, but not for long. When I eat alone during the day, they lay at either side of my chair. When we eat together on the other hand, Sheba has her nose very close to the table near Lewis - but with an eye on me because she knows I'm not happy with that behavior. :dog:

At night they sleep in separate beds, Dani on her self-alloted bed in the guest-room, and Sheba on a dogbed at the foot of our bed. No problems there either. They both sleep through the night.

Sheba barks at things she doesn't understand outside, like the gardener's little mini-tractor with hanger, or a big dump-truck, or someone talking to us out of a truck window. :confused: We hope she'll bark at someone knocking on the door one day. Dani only barks at one particular dog she doesn't like, some of the cats :cat: and the squirrels.

Taking them both together in the car is no problem either. I did it on Monday when I had the car and therefore had to go pick Lewis up at work. Rather than leaving them at home, I piled them into the back seat where they stayed nicely seated at either end, looking out of the side windows (Dani was behind me, of course). We surprised Lewis by walking into his warehouse office all three of us, :) when he only expected ME alone. The result was that he paraded the girls (me included, lol) though the warehouse and the other offices.

There is no squabble with the food, Dani is fed first be it the food or the snacks, and Sheba seems happy enough with that. No major outing has been undertaken yet, but in a couple of weeks we'll go to Hawkesbury for the weekend, bringing the dogs of course. By then they'll have been to the park and the dog-run together too, and visited Lewis' sisters' dogs too. :party:

Sheba's stitches are programmed for removal on Monday, we'll (ok, I will) ask the vet about her teeth, because she does have bad breath! If he feels she needs to be put under to clean them, I'll leave it for a while, as she has just been sedated recently, but keep an eye on her teeth that they don't get worse.

So there are the news guys, all is well, just been super busy with work, sick hubby and two dogs, but we're all doing great. Lewis says to tell you he'll post some pics a.s.a.p!

chico2
November 22nd, 2006, 03:48 PM
That's great to hear,nothing will be 100% good,with a new dog,but it seems to me Seba is doing great.
Dani is probably a bit jealous,having been the only pampered pooch for a while,but I am sure you make up for that.
Being kind of down with a cold myself,I hope Lewis is feeling better:love:

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2006, 06:56 PM
When we eat together on the other hand, Sheba has her nose very close to the table near Lewis

:p She already knows who to suck up to ! :p

rainbow
November 23rd, 2006, 02:20 AM
Glad to hear things are going so well. :thumbs up Hope Lewis is feeling better. :grouphug:

SARAH
November 24th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Just ordered cute ID tags for both girls, matching of course :) Red plastic with white paw-prints :pawprint: one small for Dani and a large for Sheba.

Lewis is doing better with his cold, mostly the coughing left now, but I've caught it too (of course) :sick: Normally I get out of something like this in a couple of days, but I end up with a dry cough for a month afterwards, and no cough medicine ever helped either.

Tomorrow is our 1-week aniversary with Sheba and we don't regret having taken her in for a second! She's adorable! Won't poo on leash though, so since Lewis is the one walking her, he never gets to pick up. Dani on the other hand seems pre-programmed to poo the minute she goes for a walk, "lucky" me am at the other end of her leash :yuck: Oh well, the joys of being a dog owner in the city (even subburbs).

Have a nice weekend :ca: :dog:

Frenchy
November 24th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Won't poo on leash though,

Bailey was like that when I adopted him. He goes "both ways" now.:p Hope you guys recover fast! Or you can just stay in your pj and cudle with the girls on the couch :cloud9:

brandynva
November 24th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Won't poo on leash though

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Our collie we just got won't got at all on leash! :eek: I'm hoping that will change.

SARAH
November 26th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Just as well though, no picking up and walking around with a smelly plastic bag in frantic search of a non-existant garbage pail! All we have to do, is take a shovel to the back patio and open our own garbage bin :)

Taking the girls to the park and dog-run today, even if the weather isn't as nice as it was yesterday.We had beautiful sunshine and even took the top down on our convertible - ok, we had the heater on full blast, but no one could see that :) and the windows up. Can't wait till summer!

Oh, does anyone know if the type of car-leash I had in France exist here? :confused: They were brilliant, with a regular hook for the collar but a seat-belt piece at the other end which just clicked into the belt-fastener! The dogs were secured on the back seat and with the convertible this would be really ideal for Sheba and Dani come spring.

Hope someone can help us out here ...

OntarioGreys
November 26th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Finally here it is, one called Guardian Gear Car Harness but it looks like youhave to buy the whole harness, I took a look around and could not find the strap seperately

http://www.hunterk9.com/site/870877/product/222

THere might be others but no picture is shown of how the strap attaches and could be simply a loop you have to feed the exist seatbelt harness thru

SARAH
November 26th, 2006, 02:06 PM
THANK you ! I've sent them a mail asking if I could have just the straps. If yes, I'll let you all know, in case someone else wants them too :)

Just spent over an hour at the park with Rottielover and Harley (and also her sweet little girl!) and Dani and Harley were all ready to get physical (playing that is) having fun teasing eachother from the end of their leashes :) Had the dog-run not been so darned muddy, we'd have let them run around in there together.

Bumped into some people with a cute puppy. The first thing they said seeing Dani was "Oh, you have a Toller!" Their puppy was a Toller? Australian Shepher mix. The weird thing is that they'd got her from a breeder up around the area where Dani was found roaming. Could this little thing be a half-sister of Danis?

Rottielover
November 26th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Bellas keeper, anything is possible, they got theirs from an unethical breeder, so anything is possible. Maybe this so called breeder does breed mix breeds, who knows. All I know is both Dani and Sheba are gorgeous, and you are lucky to have found them, and they to have found you.
Hope to see you again soon in the morning...
They were hilarious on the end of their leashes

Frenchy
November 26th, 2006, 04:27 PM
you guys have met and all the doggies played together and we didn't get any pictures ? :( Did Sheba started playing with Dani ?

SARAH
November 26th, 2006, 05:03 PM
:sorry: we had the camera in my back-pack type purse and FORGOT about it! I even brought it on purpose! Next time?

And they were funny, looking all innocent and not at eachother (sure, the faces were turneds a little to the side, but the eyes were on the other :p sneaky "little" things!) They were too cute, and funny! Scary Rott was a real :cat: (almost) and just gorgeous!

Since I have the car tomorrow, if it's not raining .... may just be there ;)

SARAH
November 26th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Did Sheba started playing with Dani ?

From time to time, Dani does make an attempt at play with Sheba, and on rare occasions she gets a little response. Not that they're not getting along, they are, I just don't think Sheba is the playful type. Due to past history? We'll never know. Sometimes wish I was like Dr. Doolittle!

But, if she's not playful, she is a real lap dog. Lewis said he always wanted a lap dog, just never figured on an 80-pound one :D as soon as he's laid back in the corner of the couch (angle thing) she's right there on top of him to cuddle (hey, that was MY spot, you :dog: you!) leaving Dani and me the other half of the angle. Dani gets up there, but stays close to me, not ON me (good).

Incidentally, Dani no longer pulls like mad on her leash. Not perfect yet, but with an "au pied" and a little yank at her collar, she's not bad at all now - till she spots a squirrel or cat that is. If I see it first and tell her to leave it, she's still ok, if she sees it first ... I'd better plant my heels in the ground!

We're all doing just fine, and the girls are real sweeties, don't take any room in the house at all (seriously) except when I cook.

brandynva
November 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I'm so glad your girls are settling in and seem very happy in their new home. I'm still hoping mine will settle in with each other. There are a few tussles here and there. I think the two girls get their feelings hurt real easy and get snappy with each other.

Rottielover
November 26th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Great, Harley will be there with bells on ........ PSSSt pussy cat, I won't tll him you said that, he likes his bad boy image. LOL

SARAH
November 27th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Sheba had her tummy-stitches taken out today, no problem at all there. On the other hand, the wound at the tip of her tail was still open, so she has to have some ointment and bnadages still, to be changed every 2-3 days. SOmehow she has also managed to get a sore on the top of her right "ham" which the vet shaved all round to get a better look. Has to be kept clean and disinfected too. Poor little Sheba.

My vet agreed with the age-"verdict" from Frenchy's vet, 3-4 years old. And overweight, lol, but we knew that. She also said that the dry skin and slightly rough coat could come from bad nutrition over a longer period, or a thyroid problem. We'll keep on feeding her a couple of egg yolks in the morning (us body-builders eat egg-white omelets, so the dogs get the yolks where the fat is) and fresh carrots, and we'll see. If she's not better by summer we may have to check her thyroid functions. Well, that might explain why she was abandonned. Some people will throw a dog out rather than treat it.

I was back from a little shopping after having dropped Sheba off at home, when Lewis' sister called and said she was going to the park with her dog, Ginger, and did I feel like coming? Why not? So we met up at the dog-run, let the three dogs run together - except Sheba came back to me, didn't want to play the rough games of the other two. Ginger is just over a year old, like Dani, and a little rough when she plays (she's a Golden too), I think she overwhelmed poor "old" Sheba a little. After that we walked briskly all around the lake, and were home a little over an hour later. The girls have been sleeping ever since :)

No, no pics. Try taking pics of the two dogs you have on a double leash when you have to keep them from charging after the squirrels!

Frenchy
November 27th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I'm glad your vet said the same thing about her age because I tought she was older,not that she acts older but her face,she already has those cute little white circles around her eyes. I hope her tail gets better soon. :fingerscr

coppperbelle
November 27th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Just as well though, no picking up and walking around with a smelly plastic bag in frantic search of a non-existant garbage pail! All we have to do, is take a shovel to the back patio and open our own garbage bin :)

Taking the girls to the park and dog-run today, even if the weather isn't as nice as it was yesterday.We had beautiful sunshine and even took the top down on our convertible - ok, we had the heater on full blast, but no one could see that :) and the windows up. Can't wait till summer!

Oh, does anyone know if the type of car-leash I had in France exist here? :confused: They were brilliant, with a regular hook for the collar but a seat-belt piece at the other end which just clicked into the belt-fastener! The dogs were secured on the back seat and with the convertible this would be really ideal for Sheba and Dani come spring.

Hope someone can help us out here ...

I think I bought this leash at Mondou a few weeks ago. I actually had the harness already and saw the strap which is sold separately for $7.50. I bought two, one for each dog.

SARAH
November 28th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Really? Thanks! There's a Mondou right around the corner from me, I'll check tomorrow - because the web-link only sold the leash with the harness and I only need the leash. Good tip :thumbs up

No park today, I'm battling with my PC and getting increasingly frustrated!

Sheba seems more attached to me after I took her to the vet, lol; as if she realized I care too even if I don't want her on my lap! To me, she was "dumped" by previous owners, because already we can let her off leash and she comes right back when we call her (remember, new name too!), no WAY would this little girl have run off on her own acord! When I said that to her last night, she looked at me and sort of purred, as if to confirm it, and seemed to relax a little more.

She now gets Flax seed oil in the morning when we take ours, it'll help her skin and fur. Could be bad nutrition made her get the goggles prematurely too, and make her overweight. It must be the same with dogs as humans, if you don't give them enough NUTRIENTS, they will fill up on volume of food hoping to get what the body and brain needs. What they (and we) get is fat!

OK, that was todays' lesson in nutrition, lol :sorry: can't help it sometimes, when I see what people put in the carts at the supermarket I feel like asking them where the nutrition is, there is so much man-made pre-packed stuff. Oops, here I go again :o

technodoll
November 28th, 2006, 09:11 AM
She now gets Flax seed oil in the morning when we take ours, it'll help her skin and fur

actually dogs' bodies do not need or metabolize the same nutrients as humans - flax oil can actually cause itching and does practically nothing for the skin and coat. Go pick up some Fish Body Oil capsules (1000mg) at the pharmacy and give her one per day instead, also try adding canned salmon (drained) to her meals, a couple cans per week is excellent. Dogs do better with whole raw eggs (whites and yellows), and the only way raw carrots can get digested and be of any nutritional value is if your pureed, juice or pulp them (break down the hard, indigestible cellulose walls), or serve them cooked and mashed. otherwise they exit the dog pretty much as they entered, undigested. i assume you're feeding a good, holistic food? try adding canned wet food to boost the meat content, too - your little wolves in dog's clothing need quality proteins from meats (not grains or fillers) to achieve a good healthy weight, muscles instead of fat, and a thick lustrous coat. good luck with the pretty, lucky girl! :thumbs up

SARAH
November 28th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks, all noted! I'll get on it tomorrow when I do the top-up shopping for us anyway :)

SARAH
November 29th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I think I bought this leash at Mondou a few weeks ago. I actually had the harness already and saw the strap which is sold separately for $7.50. I bought two, one for each dog.

YES! Thank you for that tip! I just picked Dani up from her grooming which left her smelling sweet to human noses and awful to her own nose (unhappy little dog, even if she know she looks great!) and when I parked at home I took her with me on foot to Mondou to get the two leashes. She even got a cookie from the employee there :) so it picked her up a little.

Now I can relax a little more when we drive with the top dpwn on sunny days and the dogs are with us! That is cheap insurance!