Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Significant hair loss

igauresh
November 18th, 2006, 07:46 AM
hi,
My dog taylor is having a severe problem of hairloss. Though he doesnt have exposed patches but still its really miserable to find the house studded with his hair all over. And his hair roots are so fragile that even mild caressing causes a lot of hair to be shed from his body.
Can anyone suggest anything for this?

Shaykeija
November 18th, 2006, 09:54 AM
What kind of dog is it? What are you feeding it? Is this something new? Perhaps it is just shedding. I know when I had Dallas, when she was shedding I had had balls the size of beach balls. Let us know more about your furbaby.

jawert1
November 18th, 2006, 12:21 PM
To steal a joke I heard from this board, my dogs have 2 shedding seasons - each lasting 6 months a piece. Your dog may shed excessively due to any number of reasons, the first of which is usually food related. Shaykeija's right, there are a few more details that will help clear up your issue - what breed of dog do you have, what are you feeding, etc. Poor quality foods, like ones you get from the grocery store as well as the vet's office, can cause major shedding. Our food forum has some GREAT suggestions on food that will improve your dog's coat and overall health. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find what you're looking for to help your dog :)