Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Transporting pet

igauresh
November 18th, 2006, 04:39 AM
One major problem I have with my pet is transporting it to one place to another. I always have to deal with the people staring at us everytime he barks inside the bus. We always have to do this two times a year so it is really not convenient. But now that I read that there is a courier service via air, I might try it once. Anyone who tried courier service for pets via airline already?

mummummum
November 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Wow ~ where are you in the world that you are allowed to bring your dog on the bus ? I would do a great deal of reading and telephoning about the air carrier before I would ever fly my dawgs ~ particularly in the cold seasons.

gomez
November 19th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Dogs are allowed on all public transport in the UK, I take him on the busses and the tube all the time...

Maya
November 19th, 2006, 04:28 PM
They are allowed on the bus on Vancouver Island only in recent years though. I would be very careful about courier services, i'd want to keep any pets near me even if it is awkward. What does it matter if people stare at you??

mummummum
November 19th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Oh I see...yes, animals are permitted on local transport here as well. I thought you meant a cross-country travel public carrier. England is so small...maybe working on the reasons he barks might be a better bet and if all else fails a little gravol or Bach's Rescue Remedy to help keep him calm. It's very expensive to fly animals.