Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sneakthiefs ~ ALL of them!!

mummummum
November 18th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Is there something in the air ??? I brought home a bag of those dried, puffed liver treats ~ you know the ones that cost $20.00 for 1 pound (!!!!!) ? On to the TOP of my refridgerator they go while I walk Ceili and Bridie. Bring them home, go to refrdigerator....no treats ???? I search and I search and what do I find ? The turned inside out bag on the bed under the covers. DECLAN has somehow managed to get the bag off the top of the refridgerator, scrubbed the once-full bag clean and the little rotter tries to hide his bad deeds ~ who says dawgs ain't got smarts? :D Later in the evening I'm plugging away at something or other and I can hear munching ~ plus it's wayyyy too quiet the "They're doing something, I just know it antennae goes up. BRIDIE has taken the leash off the chair, dragged it over behind the loveseat and has her entire face buried inside the bag I keep attached to the leash for keys, treats etc. and SHE's snarfling up all the crunchies. Ceili, my hardly-ever-gets-heck grrrrl decides Mum's before-bed cereal smells just too temptingly yummy not sneak over and give it a slurp when Mummy's head is turned for a nanosecond to answer the telephone !!!!

MONSTERS ~ all of them....:crazy:

jiorji
November 18th, 2006, 01:28 AM
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *rolls on the floor laughing*

oh i mean.....you give and you give and there's NO respect in your own house:frustrated:

TeriM
November 18th, 2006, 02:45 AM
lol, been there done that!
Ungrateful beasts :D

igauresh
November 18th, 2006, 03:56 AM
That was quite a bad experience for one day. Your pets seems to be very smart. I wonder how you manage to keep this pets for a long time. I hope they don't get to your nerves or else I'm sure they'll find therselves thrown out.

vfrohloff
November 18th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I hear ya! Some dogs are just soooooo sneaky, I think it's the smart ones that are that way. I left my dogs yesterday for 2 hours, gave them each a Kong stuffed with frozen dog food. When I came home the Kongs were barely touched, but the package of newborn diapers I had just bought was shredded! :frustrated: Then they look around the room as if seeking out who on earth might have done this, even though there is shredded diaper bits all over their beds :rolleyes: Pets are so ungrateful sometimes.

meb999
November 18th, 2006, 08:38 AM
LOL!! sneaky sneaky sneaky!!

Buster once ate about 40 $ worth of cheese (I had laid out al nice platter of cheeses for guests) in about 15 seconds!!

hazelrunpack
November 18th, 2006, 09:44 AM
The six sneak thieves in my house have (thankfully) not yet figured out how to climb up on each other to reach the top of the fridge! any day now, though I suppose... :eek:

joeysmama
November 18th, 2006, 09:58 AM
They're like kids aren't they? When it goes too quiet that's when you know they've gotten into trouble. LOL !

It's their cuteness that saves them.:)

jawert1
November 18th, 2006, 11:30 AM
hahaha thanks for the laugh this morning :) I can just picture Bridie hiding out behind the sofa, deep in the bag :D

Mocha's mum
November 18th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Ha ha ha!!! I had a dog once that figured out how to open the dead bolt while I was at work and take herself for a walk. Luckily, I lived in a small community then, and my neighbors would call me and keep an eye out for her. Crazy puppy!! :)

Prin
November 18th, 2006, 01:10 PM
How'd they get up top?! :evil:

mummummum
November 18th, 2006, 02:23 PM
How'd they get up top?! :evil:

I wish I knew !!! The little beggar! Declan is taller than I am when he's on his hinds and stretches his neck up so I figure he stood up and braced himself against the refridgerator door.

But they just don't quit. I came into to livingroom to read Hazels marvelous summaries just now and there's Bridie with her shnozzle in my coat pocket up to her eyeballs trying to wriggle treats out of the pocket. Teach me to throw my coat on the chair isntead of hanging it up !!!

mummummum
November 18th, 2006, 02:25 PM
That was quite a bad experience for one day. Your pets seems to be very smart. I wonder how you manage to keep this pets for a long time. I hope they don't get to your nerves or else I'm sure they'll find therselves thrown out.

Ummm...you're joking right ?

jiorji
November 18th, 2006, 04:06 PM
oh i agree....how DO you manage?? lol:evil:

sigh ...what can you do? we're all slaves to our pets

SARAH
November 18th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I once had a goat (Cafe-creme) who always shoved her nose into my jacket pocket cause I ONCE had an apple in it! Not so dumb animals :crazy: but boy do they drive us poor, simple-minded humans nuts, lmao