Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten Food/no Choices On Maui

heidiho
November 17th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Ok So Living Here In Maui Not Many Choices On Kitten Food At All.paul Newman Makes Cat Food What Is Your Opinion????if You Had To To Order It From Petsmart What Would You Get??dry And Wet Food Wise..i Am Leaning Toward Royal Canin

Prin
November 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Newman's a bit grainy. If you can get us a full list of what you can get, we can help you pick the best one.;)

heidiho
November 17th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Ok Sit Down. (1) Iams (2) Purina (3) Fancy Feast (4) Kitten Chow (5) Alley Cat (6) Paul Newman (7) Western Family (store Generic Brand) (8) Whiskas) And That Is About It.i Was Thinking Of Ordering From Petsmart And It Really Cant Be Super Expensive Well Because We Do Live On Maui...

Prin
November 17th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Of those, I'd say Newman... But if you can find something meatier, like Felidae, or Innova, it would definitely be better.

heidiho
November 17th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks,can i buy that on the inetrnet??And what would you pick if it was from Petsmart????

MyBirdIsEvil
November 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM
If you're willing to buy online from Petco they carry Natural Balance and that's one of the best dry foods you can get.

Petsmart doesn't really carry anything worthwhile. There's not really a huge selection of really good dry cat foods like there is with dog food though anyway.

Prin
November 17th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks,can i buy that on the inetrnet??And what would you pick if it was from Petsmart????

lol I thought those were the ones you had access to directly.:o

heidiho
November 17th, 2006, 07:25 PM
You are right the ones i named off are what the stores out here that are nearby sell,so really not many choices..So i will probably have to start buying on teh internet,i was looking at that one to MYBIRDISEVIL,do they have wet food to???I must say right now she is eating Meow mix,dont shoot me,it is just temporary,and she does love it,and poops are solid..They only had paul newmans in adult food..Ok well i will order somethiing today.So you both agree on Natural BalancE??

technodoll
November 17th, 2006, 07:26 PM
you can also supplement any dry food you get with some real meat, cooked or raw, canned fish, eggs, etc to balance it out :)

MyBirdIsEvil
November 17th, 2006, 07:43 PM
do they have wet food to???

Yup. Shipping gets kind of expensive though when you start ordering the canned stuff online.
Newman's Own canned isn't that bad if you can get it at the store, it's really their dry food that's not that great.

heidiho
November 17th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Iknow aand we really cant afford to start having her food shipped,the only Newmans they had was wet and it was for adults,i will keep looking around and see.Thanks,Her kitten condo just got here i had it shipped to my job,she is gonna dig this big time.I got it from petco i think it was called kitty condo,i cant wait to see her go crazy on this,wil lget pics

heidiho
November 17th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I do have to say my mom never fed any of our cats expensive food and none of them ever had any serious illnesses and if it wasnt for one of them having luekemia and passing away young the rest even our dogs lived very very long.Her cat now Fancy is about 15 and she has lived on Fancy Feast since day one,and she is doing great.Myabe is was always luck i dont know

OntarioGreys
November 17th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Have you tried this store, it sells Innova dog and cat foods, chances are you will be able to find other quality foods there

Pet Shop
Located at:
70 E Kaahumanu Ave
Kahului, Maui, HI 96732
USA

(808) 877-3040

heidiho
November 17th, 2006, 08:42 PM
NO didnt even know it exsited it is on the other side of the island but that can work.Thank you,