Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello - a question about two cats

raindropsong
November 17th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Hi,

I just joined this forum because I have had two cats for the past eight years of my life (brother and sister) which I have just had to give away. My mother has asthma and allergies which were becoming so severe that she had to be hospitalised. We gave the cats to people we know well, who love cats. the female cat is doing great, she has settled in and seems to be very happy. However, the male one won't coem out of hiding (it has been three weeks), although he does eat and uses the kitty litter. Is this a sign of cat depression? What does one do in a situation like this. Also, would it make it worse if we were to go visit the two of them in their new home?
Please respond. It breaks my heart that he is so scared.

Thank you.

chico2
November 17th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I am sorry you had to rehome your cats:sad:
I am sure with time the male cat will come along,he's stressed and un-happy right now.
IMO,the new owners should just let him be,as long as he's eating,drinking etc..don't coax him out of his hidingplace,eventually he'll join his sister in the fun,but when he's ready:cat:
I don't know about visiting,it might be better for you and him if you stayed away.
Tell the new owners what he likes and dislikes,maybe by playing with the female close to the male,he'll get interested.:fingerscr

Pike
November 17th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Duplication of a 2nd post in General Forum, closed to avoid confusion.