Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Friends of 'les ferals'...

kashtin's kin
November 17th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Our 3 'mature'?? feline residents have had to watch me dashing about for the past few months as I babbled to/fed/trapped/gentled and fed!! 3 feral kittens, and their parents (tomcat was a 36 hrs. in captivity neuter job, while momcat was caged inside and fed copious amounts of food for 8 days following her spay). The original holders of the keys to the house were not terribly impressed with all the attention and FOOD that was lavished on the ferals, but they're beginning to realize the kittens are here to stay...and that they are still the Big Cats on the Block.

Odin and Goose share one photo (Odin: adopted from Humane Society as a young male cat missing an eye-no info available-but possessing a scary genius of a mind/Goose: young female adopted from Humane Society after being hit by a car...for the first year, she had trouble walking due to her equilibrium being affected, but since then she has been able to stalk around with a slight 'tilt'-Goose honks like her namesake in her imperious fashion).

Sally is the third cat: this belligerent little calico wandered into our sun porch one October day as I was stripping wallpaper. She had ear mites, and was quite thin, but fairly friendly; we assume she was a dumpee. Sally is spayed and well upholstered now...she is the only cat we've had that has a little 'squeak' instead of a meow, but she makes up for that lack with an ear-shattering purr! Sally is the only animal in the house who stubbornly refuses to accept our largish Australian Cattle Dog/Border Collie X as the alpha animal, so we have to keep an eye on this chippy little kitty!

p.s. can't find the re-sized pic of Odin/Goose, so am subbing 'Sadie the nutty JRT who thinks she's part cat' for now!

kashtin's kin
November 17th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Odin and Goose, as described above, plus a shot of 'Freyja', our ACD/Border Collie x (smart and SENSITIVE to a painful degree...sweet, but carries a grudge!).

Prin
November 17th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Beautiful fur family!!! :cloud9:

And I love your signature too.;)

cpietra16
November 17th, 2006, 04:01 PM
what a family of happy critters..:D :cloud9:

jawert1
November 17th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Awesome pics K!!! More please!!! :cloud9:

angeldogs
November 18th, 2006, 09:35 PM
nice looking fur kids.

kashtin's kin
November 19th, 2006, 12:10 AM
This post should?! consist of: 'the ruffled Goose emerging from [empty] bathtub (she jumped into a full one this past summer!), and 'Odin-the-evil:-genius napping after reading a long book on empire building'.:D

Prin
November 19th, 2006, 12:17 AM
CUTE!! (heh heh sleep with one eye open, eh, kitty? :D)

Frenchy
November 19th, 2006, 08:10 AM
They look all so comfy :cloud9: Great family you have !