Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm proud of my demons!

dtbmnec
November 16th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Hello!

Well the last few days I've been trying to teach the boys the word "sit" (mostly because I'm tired of having them all but climb up my legs when I go to put food down). I'm hoping that if I teach them sit I can keep my legs and hands intact! I don't mind them running to the food dish but yeah...:rolleyes:

Anyways, well I've been using treats (Leo needs them anyway since they're hairball control and I haven't had a chance to go out and get a comb or grass) and they've more or less learned it....well they've associated that when I bring out the treat container and they want one they don't get any until they sit/lie down in front of me! *happy dance* I'm so happy!

So yeah on to food tomorrow! I would have started the "training" tonight but the cats decided that I wasn't feeding them enough (I was feeding them enough...just not real good food :yuck: but its all I can get at the moment without starving myself/Arron) and tossed the bag of dry down from the top of the fridge in the early hours of the morning and proceeded to eat half the bag (after getting two 3 oz cans of food each over the course of the day and a bowl of dry between the three of them)....:frustrated:

:offtopic: :

I absolutely HATE the food the guys are on right now....:sick: ....but other than particularly stinky poops they aren't puking or anything so its not too too bad....Arron went out to get some dry and walked to Walmart and got Friskies...not what I wanted (I wanted something a little better/bigger) but its better than starving them yes? He also got a bunch of Fancy Feast....I know its not the best food but I was shocked that of the 15 or so different flavours almost ALL of them have Chicken in it! :eek: I tried them on the Salmon and Leo puked...he's never puked food before (and he decided to do it before I had to get to school in the morning so I was late for class...again)!

I'm gonna get something better than Friskies but I still need something cheapish without chicken in it....gah! Its sooo hard to find though and I work five days a week and go to school five days a week so its hard to get out any further than the grocery store! There's one pet store between here and the grocer and it only sell ProPlan and then there's Walmart. :yuck:

I'm getting a blender this weekend so I can start the raw up a bit when I get paid and give them some of that each night to help balance out the crud they're getting the rest of the time.....I almost wish I could keep them on Tuna for the next few months but someone told me I wasn't supposed to do that....:sad:

[/offtopic]

Anyways, tomorrow boot camp starts!

Megan

mummummum
November 17th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Training cats ??? Uhhhhh... are you sure they're cats?:D

I know nada about cat nutrition...why can't you give them tuna as part of their regular diet?

dtbmnec
November 17th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Training cats ??? Uhhhhh... are you sure they're cats?:D

I know nada about cat nutrition...why can't you give them tuna as part of their regular diet?

Someone said somethign about the fat content or something....its not good for cats :confused:

lol yes i am sure they're cats....though there are days when Pawz makes me wonder.....he rolls on the floor like a dog to be petted on his stomach....I swear he's going to learn fetch next and I'll have my own "cat-dog"! lol

Ooooh ooooooh ooooooh and I tried the same thing with the cat food this morning and OMG it worked! I wouldn't give them food until the stopped meowing and sat down (so I could get them their food) and it WORKED!

Megan

tenderfoot
November 17th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Tuna is okay, but not for a main diet.

Go to www.littlebigcat.com for the best information on cats.

jiorji
November 17th, 2006, 11:27 AM
mmmmmmmmmm tuna sammiches...oh wait this is about CAT food not human food;)

what's wrong with buying walmart pet food??:o

LM1313
November 17th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Hey, is there a Costco near you? Their brand, Kirkland's, is better AND cheaper than the grocery store foods. I'm so happy to have found it, Natural Balance cat food was great nutritionally, but really more than I could afford.

Congrats on teaching your kitties to sit! I'm working on that one too. ;)

dtbmnec
November 17th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Hey, is there a Costco near you? Their brand, Kirkland's, is better AND cheaper than the grocery store foods. I'm so happy to have found it, Natural Balance cat food was great nutritionally, but really more than I could afford.

lol well they aren't perfect but they're getting the hang of it anyway. Little demons are smart! lol

There is a costco nearby but we don't have a membership. It's nearby in the sense if we had a car we could do it easily but as it is we would have to carry it home on two busses. Frm the sounds of it its a big bag too.

Does the Kirklands have any chicken in it?

jiorji: Just most of it is full of junk....*sigh* Lack of money sucks...lol

Megan

jessi76
November 17th, 2006, 01:24 PM
....I swear he's going to learn fetch next and I'll have my own "cat-dog"!

I had a cat who fetched. In fact, I clicker-trained him to do so. cats are EASY to clicker train, more so than dogs I think.

dtbmnec
November 17th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I had a cat who fetched. In fact, I clicker-trained him to do so. cats are EASY to clicker train, more so than dogs I think.

I'm actually thinking of getting a clicker....:) they may respond to that better than "HEY! SIT!" lol

Megan

Judechao
December 5th, 2006, 02:57 AM

Why not purchase at some online shops? sometimes it's even more cheaper.

dtbmnec
December 5th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Why not purchase at some online shops? sometimes it's even more cheaper.

Most places use Paypal and I have had a bad experience with them (either it was that or Ebay..I refuse to use either at the moment) so I can't transfer money from my bank card....my credit card I don't like giving out online either....oh and I have no money on my credit cards either...lol

Therefore I'm screwed lol

Megan

P.S. The cats have learned to sit before meals :) YAY I'm so happy!