Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A new study

wdawson
November 16th, 2006, 06:29 PM
guess there are alot for criminals here....:eek: ....wonder if i am violating my parole...:D
http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=b168b895-aa9a-4660-9082-3e9ea49b37d6&k=5834

MyBirdIsEvil
November 16th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Every one of their owners was found to have at least one criminal conviction or traffic citation on record.

Criminal conviction OR traffic citation? There's a huge difference, if they're lumping people with traffic citations together with anyone who has a criminal conviction, that doesn't seem like a very good study.
Maybe people with pit bulls are more likely to speed :rolleyes: .

I'm from Cincinnati and pit bulls have been banned there for several years (I'm guessing that's still the case, if not they haven't been legal for long). I wonder if the study was "sponsored" by someone.

(Edit: Now that I think about it, I actually think they did overturn the ban before I moved, but there's always been several people against "pit bulls" there, which is why they weren't allowed for so long. Either way, kind of makes me wonder.)

wdawson
November 16th, 2006, 07:09 PM
i think the ban was thrown out there

MyBirdIsEvil
November 16th, 2006, 07:14 PM
:o Yeah, see my edited post.

They were talking about it a lot around the time I moved out of state, so I couldn't remember. I know there'd been a ban since I was a little kid, and I actually knew several people who had pit bulls and had to hide them so no cops or anything knew they were there, or else they'd be taken.
Stupid, because they were all awesome and sweet dogs who would never hurt anyone.