Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pug with freckle-like spots

jcholach
November 16th, 2006, 12:12 PM
My pug has some black, freckle-like spots on one elbow and down her leg. They are very small (like pin-head size), but there are clusters of them. I took her to the vet, but the vet had no idea what it could be. She is eating and drinking well, sleeps fine, and has alot of energy. She's not sick at all expect for these wierd spots down her leg. They are not raised or scaley, they just look like little black freckles. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? She also is up to date on all of her vaccinations, and the vet said it didn't look like a skin infection or cancer. He was stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:dog:

jessi76
November 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
a photo might help give us an idea of what you're trying to describe.

pug lover
November 17th, 2006, 11:18 PM
welcome to pets.ca

pug pugs pugs what more do i have to say

possibly a carpet rash, scrape from the stairs, freckles, or start of warts :yuck: depending on puglets age

could be anything :shrug: keep your eye on it and keep us posted

Maya
November 18th, 2006, 01:46 AM
The vet wouldn't know much without a biopsy, you could get a second opinion.

igauresh
November 18th, 2006, 04:14 AM
A second opinion would be good. Another veterinarian might help you to determine what the freckles are. But don't let yourself worry too much. This freckles might just be hereditary or something that are not really harmful to your dog.

OntarioGreys
November 19th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Could be acne, blackheads.... basically dirt in their skin pores a gentle squeeze , should tell you if this is the case a plug will lift up may be all black or black ontop and whitish on the bottom
Usually seen in dogs that have bare hair areas

though in pugs typically seen on their chin like a whitehead or pimple

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/acne.htm