Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dancing Dog

Cathy1
November 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
This woman is on another forum and she said she has been getting rude comments about her video. She has been told that dogs are not here for our entertainment and also comments that she is abusing her dog. How do you feel about it. I think it's pretty cute. I wouldn't call it abuse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvZxqHM4co

Maya
November 16th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Which part is considered the abuse? I'd say the fashion maybe but I don't think she minds. She looks like she's trying to please her mom and get treats, that's fairly normal activity for dogs right? There is something odd about that costume though, a bit disturbing, maybe because it almost looks too human? Thats probably why people are mouthing off.:confused:

Shaykeija
November 16th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Holy crap if that is abuse, I am going to jail. :p You shoud see the Shih Tzhu Shuffle I get evey time I feed Tyra. She hops just like that little one on the video. Missie walks on her back legs and does spins for treats. Yep going to jail for abuse.......Gonna see a lot of you in there I guess.:shrug:

OntarioGreys
November 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM
People have nothing better to do, training a dog to do certain behaviours involves trust if a dog does not you can not make him do. In a lot ways no different than agility or flyball .

the costume ... well is it halloween so nothing unusual about dressing up a dog.

Doggy dance has been around for a while, it is meant as a bonding exercise and training program

This video involves doggy dance as well but with the human participating as well, would anyone doubt the dog is enjoying itself?

http://barefootmeg.multiply.com/video/item/11

Cathy1
November 16th, 2006, 09:05 PM
The woman also mentioned that one message she got said she is making her dog look like a fool. To me the dog is enjoying herself and looks to be well trained and happy.

angeldogs
November 17th, 2006, 04:25 AM
The first video was cute.long time on the hind legs.The second video was amazing.i would like to see that live.And both dogs seemed real happy.Very well trained.No abuse that i saw.

mummummum
November 17th, 2006, 06:50 AM
I'm not a big fan of cutesy-clothes for dawgs but this little one looks happy enough and I think dog dancing is grrrreat. Although I do have to say that is a VERY long time on the hinds and I would worry about the hip and cruciate strain. But it certainly isn't abuse.

Prin
November 17th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Definitely abusive. :D For the first few seconds I thought there weren't going to be any cookies... :frustrated: :D

I think that the bond that that dog has with its owner is probably stronger, much stronger, than the bond that the people crying abuse have with theirs.

What a goof though.:D

Skryker
November 17th, 2006, 03:32 PM
The dog looks happy enough. :D I can't imagine a dog doing that if it didn't want to, cookies or not.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the outfit disturbingly human, though. It's kinda freaky.

Maya
November 18th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the outfit disturbingly human, though. It's kinda freaky.Ya I'd go for something more casual and change the choreography a little. Less time on the hind legs was also my concern, if the dog pushed past her pain threshold for a treat. I'm not sure if dogs do that?

LynLyn
November 19th, 2006, 10:40 PM
aww i thought the video was adorable!! if the dog didn't have a costume on people would be amazed the dogs tricks, but put a costume on the dog and all of a sudden it's abuse...

...although I too am slightly concerned with how long it was on it's hind legs, but it didn't seem to be exhibiting and pain

Mocha's mum
November 20th, 2006, 06:12 PM
That was so cute. I think if the dog was having pain or discomfort, it wouldn't have bounced around like that for so long...some people just need to complain about things to justify their existance....