Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For those of us with kids and those of those that know people with kids

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2006, 10:11 AM
The importance of car seats - after seeing this video I might switch we just have the booster seats now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ

the video will make you cry but its not graphic at all :(

Schwinn
November 16th, 2006, 11:44 AM
That got me at the very end...I call Gracie "Bubby"...it's still making me well up.

Stupid contacts...(fine, I don't wear contacts. Shut up!)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2006, 11:50 AM
It got me before the end - I cant find the car seat near us though - the regular car seats are way too small for my kids now - there heads go way over the top. Maybe if I google the name I can find one - or two in my case. :)

LibbyP
November 17th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Okay it is very hard to type when you cannot see the letters. My daughter is 4.5 and very tall for their ages and over 40lbs we thought you had to move them to a booster seat, and my son will be 3 in Jan and over 40lbs(he still is in a 5pt) we have the same booster as that Kyle had. Oh my goodness I am at a loss for words(and trust me that doesn't come very often). That family was very fortunate to have beautiful pics to remember him by, it breaks my heart:sad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 17th, 2006, 04:57 PM
That is what we thought too - and what we believed to be the safest - both my kids arent very big - the oldest who will be turning 9 weighs 50 pounds and the youngest is 45 pounds - the car seats are pricey around 240 but look really well made - I am looking to see where to find one close to where we are.

I noticed now that people with 1 and 2 yr olds are now putting the car seats backwards - I hadnt heard of that - I thought it was forward facing after like 6 months or so - but my kids are older now so that may have changed since then. :)

chico2
November 17th, 2006, 05:00 PM
WOW,that was a powerful message to all of you with little kids,how very sad:sad:

Maya
November 17th, 2006, 09:28 PM
:sad: :grouphug: It's a message to everyone who transports children in the car.:sad:

CyberKitten
November 17th, 2006, 10:58 PM
We ha ve been campaigning for these at our hospital (Children's hospital) for a while now. Glad someone else is promoting it too! There ha ve been times we have felt lonely, sigh! (and times we cried in the ER when we saw needless deaths!)

I also hope people will not allow their children to ride ATV's!!!