Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog wont eat

Caite
November 16th, 2006, 09:05 AM
I have a 6(sih) year old JRT who has been fed raw food for the last eight months or so and has always had a very strong appetite. She had been getting mostly chicken and beef. A few weeks ago, we started to give her turkey and she ate it the first few times and then became rather reluctant to eat it at all. We stopped immediately with the turkey and went back to the chicken and beef. She has become reluctant to eat even those and will only eat less than a quarter of her normal meal. Last night and this morning, she won't eat at all. I could hear her tummy grumbling this morning, but she wouldn't even eat her favorite treats.

I will phone the vet as soon as they open, but I am trying to get some suggestions about what could be causing this. She hasn't done anything out of the ordinary and couldn't have gotten into anything that would cause her to be sick.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Caite
November 17th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Just a little update - I am waiting on bloodwork, but my little one ate some rice and boiled hamburger (yum!) last night. Here's hoping everything's fine...

Hunter's_owner
November 17th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Maybe there is an intolerance to turkey:shrug:

igauresh
November 18th, 2006, 04:58 AM
The turkey must have caused this to happen. I could not really give you any comments on this because we feed our dogs with dog foods. I hope your concern won't be that major and seeing your vet would be of big help.