crazy pitbull owner caught on tape

technodoll
November 15th, 2006, 05:03 PM
holy :eek: watch until the end...

comments?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/276734/pit_bull_vs_dog_handler/

chico2
November 15th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I saw this on TV a while back,not sure where,probably animal-planet.
I don't know what to say,the dog AND the woman seem dangerous:evil:

technodoll
November 15th, 2006, 05:26 PM
my reaction... it's rotten, ignorant people like this that are the root cause of breed bans :mad: and secondly, for a change the media got it right, blamed the owner not the dog. wow.

erykah1310
November 15th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I cant open it... well it wont play i mean.
Can I get a bit of a jist on it???

mummummum
November 15th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Synopsis: Lady sicks bully on her landlord. Landlord has major cuts to face and arm/ hands. Pitbull also attacks his wee daughter, reconstructive surgery required. Animal Control Officer investigates. Lady sicks bully on ACO. Stranger intervenes hitting dog with piece of wood. Dog backs off. Lady comes out and grabs /wrestles with already hurt ACO. Bully attacks again on call. 50 stitches, multiple fractures and major reconstructive surgery to ACO. Lady arrested and charged with assault.

I think the end line captures it "The dog was impounded all because of a cruel owner."

Can we ban HER breed ?

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 06:07 PM
What the hey was the cameraman doing? He didn't seem to lose focus on filming. Somehow reminds me of the photographer who left a starving child to die while a vulture sat waiting. He got a prize winning pic out of it though, but ended up killing himself.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5241442

technodoll
November 15th, 2006, 07:38 PM
i dunno... the film gets pretty choppy and unfocused for a while, it's like he tried to get close but didn't know what to do, and anyways the kid with the baseball bat was there... makes you wonder how many people hang around with baseball bats in that neighborhood? :confused:

it was just nice to see a news report where the victim was the dog, for once...

~michelle~
November 15th, 2006, 07:55 PM
i am assuming the camera nam came in to effect after the landlord was injured to get his injuries and record the woman so they could have proof, he was prpbably scared ****less though, i wouldve been

mummummum
November 15th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Hmmm...the ethics of being a photographer/ camera person.

On the other hand it's possible that the charge/ conviction was a slam-dunk because the incident with audio was completely captured on film ~ the perpetrator could hardly deny her actions.

LM1313
November 15th, 2006, 10:57 PM
At one point the camera zooms in and you see a hand, which I think is the photographer's, reaching in trying to pull the dog off.

What the hey was the cameraman doing? He didn't seem to lose focus on filming. Somehow reminds me of the photographer who left a starving child to die while a vulture sat waiting. He got a prize winning pic out of it though, but ended up killing himself.

On the one hand that seems heartless . . . On the other hand, if his photo impacts enough people who see it, it could have a much greater positive effect than if he'd helped the child. I mean, no one else helped the child either. At least he had to deal with the reality of what he had seen instead of sitting in front of the TV moaning, "We shouldn't give aid to people in other countries when there are kids in the US who don't get any presents for Christmas!" :rolleyes: Also, that child wasn't in a unique situation for that time and area . . . He couldn't have helped them all. :( Did the child actually die while he was watching? It says the child was starving, but not whether he literally starved to death or died.

Getting back on topic, that lady is CRAZY! CRAZY! I'm glad they put in the line about the dog being a loyal pet. What she did to him was so unfair. :mad:

technodoll
November 15th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Getting back on topic, that lady is CRAZY! CRAZY! I'm glad they put in the line about the dog being a loyal pet. What she did to him was so unfair.

that's why i posted this story... if only the media got it right more often, maybe the breed bans wouldn't be as popular as they are today :mad:

LM1313
November 15th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I wonder what happened to the dog. I'll bet he was put to sleep . . . Even if he was put up for adoption at a shelter, most people wouldn't want a dog who had attacked three people, even if he'd been told to. :( Or at least, most people wouldn't want a dog like that for the right reasons . . . I could see some macho types wanting him as a "guard dog", ugh.

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 11:56 PM
On the one hand that seems heartless . . . On the other hand, if his photo impacts enough people who see it, it could have a much greater positive effect than if he'd helped the child. I mean, no one else helped the child either. At least he had to deal with the reality of what he had seen instead of sitting in front of the TV moaning, "We shouldn't give aid to people in other countries when there are kids in the US who don't get any presents for Christmas!" :rolleyes: Also, that child wasn't in a unique situation for that time and area . . . He couldn't have helped them all. :( Did the child actually die while he was watching? It says the child was starving, but not whether he literally starved to death or died.Take the pic, and then help. :shrug: And yes the kid did die shortly thereafter. So if nobody helps, then it's ok not to help? :shrug: Sorry, I don't want to start a debate, but I just think the responsibility doesn't stop with a picture to show the world. It's not like they're in a glass box looking out powerless.:shrug:

:sorry: :offtopic:

In this case, they showed that the lady commanded the dog to go after the dog catcher, so how long do we have to watch her getting mauled to get the idea? Camera down, help out.:shrug:

technodoll
November 16th, 2006, 12:10 AM
prin, to me it looked like the cameraman didn't know what to do, reached out to try to help but then the kid with the baseball bat showed up... better to catch it all on tape for court and prosecution than to add to the mle, perhaps?...