Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My 9 month old pitbull is vomitting

Sweeti Pie
November 15th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Hello Everyone

I am new on the block and I have a 9 month old doggy. She is a very active dog most of the time and I have noticed that she has been vomitting. Not alot but about once every 2 months. I have a 3 year old son and he does feed her from his own plate at times. I try to stop him but she is smart and sits close to him at meal times in case food falls from his plate. I am a bit worried about her. It looks as if it is food that she has eaten. I have changed her food about 2 months ago. It is the same brand but the adult food.

If anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated. :o

Dogastrophe
November 15th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Vomitting in dogs is not unusual, vomitting with great frequency and or vomit that shows signs of blood are unusual and require a trip to the vet. If your dog has vomitted once or twice in the past couple of months it is likely nothing to be too concerned with. However, erring on the side of caution and making a trip to the vet to be sure that all is well is never a bad option.

jesse's mommy
November 15th, 2006, 04:31 PM
This may sound gross, but what does the vomit look like and what kind of food are you feeding your dog? If it's like a yellow bile, then that is usually a sign of hunger. If it's the dog food that is in the vomit, your dog may have an intolerance to some of the food. We figured out that our dog has an intolerance to duck. She throws up every single time she has food with duck in it.

Of course, if the vomit persists or has blood within it, a vet visit is needed. Also, welcome to the forum and we would love to see pictures. :dog:

mummummum
November 15th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Easy there Wayne...maybe the dog is adopted from ...well, I don't know where but let's give them a chance to explain...

wdawson
November 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
http://pitbullcoop.2ya.com/

read this

wdawson
November 15th, 2006, 08:01 PM
i dont think adoption is an issue........born past the end of nov 05.......