Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat humping the other....

abudamunky
November 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
i have 2 cats (we used to have 8, but they have all found loving homes when we had to move) one is older, about 7 or 8 and his name is perseus. we also have patty cake(female), about 2 yrs old. they are both spayed/neutered but i've noticed perseus grabbing her by the back of the neck like males do before they inpregnante the queen in heat.
I actually sat in bed this morning and watched him try to mount her (it was kind amusing, he's really big and she's kinda tiny) and then proceed to 'hump'.
i was curious on if this could hurt either of them. we are not afraid of kittens since they are bother fixed. we first introduced patty cake to perseus when she was about 8 weeks old, and then we moved and he went w/ my b/f. we re-introduced them in march of this year, about a week after her litter was born. he used to fight w/ the daddy of the litter at our old house. they have been really close since my b/f and i moved into our apartment about 2 months ago. cuddling, wrestling and etc, which is great b/c perseus has always been very shy and skittish.
but anyways, i got off topic, can this hurt either of them? i'm thinking that maybe since she could have a different smell to her since the kittens were born(?) or could it just be that they are getting really close and are in kitty love?
hopefully these pix aren't too big:
http://onfinite.com/libraries/758716/852.jpg
patty cake
http://onfinite.com/libraries/1043039/b24.jpg
in 2005
http://onfinite.com/libraries/1043040/248.jpg
Perseus

Maya
November 15th, 2006, 02:49 PM
If she is not growling/hissing it's probably fairly safe. It depends if he is aggressive about it or just firm. I'd discourage it if she seems really aggravated and or if he just won't let up. They are a cute couple.:)

I had a couple of boys and one did a bit of "gentle humping", something he would start while cuddling sometimes. When it got to be to much he'd let his brother know. It was more fair though because they were about the same size.

erykah1310
November 15th, 2006, 03:11 PM
How long ago did she have the kittens and how long ago was she spayed?

chico2
November 15th, 2006, 03:42 PM
My Rocky gets very amorous with my Chico,both neutered males:confused: usually I don't have to break them up,Chico will take care of Rocky himself.:D

Maya
November 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
My Rocky gets very amorous with my Chico,both neutered males:confused: Ya neutered males.:p My armorous one was on the more feminine/gentle side, I suppose I'm wierd but I thought it was kind of cute.:love:

abudamunky
November 15th, 2006, 11:18 PM
they are both very loving towards eachother, kisses, nose rubs, cuddle, etc. perseus was neutered before he knew what their function was and patty cake was spayed back in june/july-ish, the litter was born in march.
he doesn't seem to hurt her, he more of tries it when she's laying on her side and will kinda step on her belly before she rolls over onto her belly and stick her butt in the air, but no growling or hissing.... (except when the nightly wrestling gets out of hand, but he doesn't 'hump' then)
my b/f brought up the point on that might have been why nixi (the father of the litter) fought w/ perseus so much. they both wanted my purdy little calico tabby all to himself.... :p
thanx for everyone's help, i was just curious if he could hurt her, i've never really seen cats do that after being 'fixed'... well my parents had a big yellow cat who would let the neighbor cat hump him (both males, theirs was fixed, it was amusing for awhile)