Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What would you do?

erykah1310
November 15th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Imagine you had 24 hours to do anything, anything at all... no concequences( sp?) There was no limit to the possiblities and money was NOT a factor. No idea too far fetched.

What would you do with your 24 hours????

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Sleep!!! lol just kidding.

Bring my doggies for a hike in Banff (if it's summer) OR
Bring my man for some good riding in Banff (if it's winter).

ooo and I'd stop at Coyote's for the french toast thing that's stuffed with berries and cream cheese... (If it's still there).

And then I'd come home, get a slice of Rockaberry pie and sit by my new fireplace with my man... (I get a fireplace with this deal, right?)

erykah1310
November 15th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Anything your mind can imagine is yours in this wonderful 24 hours ( but you cant keep it afterwards) the only thing that stays is your memory ( and who ever else you decided to involve in this day)

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Aww... Well, it's not so bad. I'd just lose my fireplace. Ooo can I lose the sunburn too? And the cancerous effects? :D

If I had made it all altruistic, then everything would return to the way it was the day before, and that's no good either.

TeriM
November 15th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Bring my doggies for a hike in Banff (if it's summer) OR
Bring my man for some good riding in Banff (if it's winter).

Much better snow in Whistler!

TeriM
November 15th, 2006, 02:48 AM
If no limit then I would have a beach party (sun, food, drink, sunset) in Hawaii and invite all my favorite people and pets. Included would be all those who are no longer with us (my Dad, Gram, Aunt) :sad: and all the animals waiting at the rainbow bridge for everyone at the party.

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Much better snow in Whistler!

No way!! lol I've been to both a LOT (back in the day) and the Whistler snow is wet, like ours here... Ends up getting icy really fast. Banff snow stays dry and powdery for a long time. :thumbs up Plus you have three resorts to choose from in Banff alone. :thumbs up

happycats
November 15th, 2006, 07:09 AM
hmmmmmmm, okay I would round up all pedophiles, child and animal abusers, and beat the poop out of them!!:evil: I would need lots of help though, anyone want to volunteer? :)

erykah1310
November 15th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Im right there with you! :evil:

IN addition I would also take every backyard breeder that I could find and show them first hand what they are contributing to! Make sure they are seeing the worst of the worst animal abuse... ( I will opt to not see it however) but I would make dang sure they saw every detail. If they cared at all about their dogs hopefully it would change how they do things.

Mahealani770
November 15th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I would rob a bank so that I could build the BIGGEST, NICEST, CLEANEST, and the HAPPIEST animal shelter that anyone has ever seen and then I'd drive the streets looking for strays who need shelter.

Sorry about the bank part people, but I did it for the animals:evil: :shrug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 15th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I would rent a huge mansion for the day on the lake and have a huge party - Greenday and Coldplay would be there, and there will be dancing into the night - there would be free drinks and foods for everyone, - and I would invite the SPCA and have an charity auction and all the money would go to them - there would be an adoption fair and lots of animals would find homes with responsible owners that would get them spayed and neutured,
Then we would have a competition with all the other shelters across the country to see how many dogs cats we could get fixed and adopted - and there would be huge fun parties going on accross the country. :D

Frenchy
November 15th, 2006, 12:36 PM
hmmmmmmm, okay I would round up all pedophiles, child and animal abusers, and beat the poop out of them!!:evil: I would need lots of help though, anyone want to volunteer? :)

since you guys are taking care of the bad guys... I would get a 24 hour massage, I would only stop to eat :p

hazelrunpack
November 15th, 2006, 01:54 PM
since you guys are taking care of the bad guys... I would get a 24 hour massage, I would only stop to eat :p

I'm with you, Frenchy...but as long as we won't be taking anything with us after the 24 hours, let's throw in a whole bunch of really premium chocolate, okay? :thumbs up :D

Lukka'sma
November 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM
If no limit then I would have a beach party (sun, food, drink, sunset) in Hawaii and invite all my favorite people and pets. Included would be all those who are no longer with us (my Dad, Gram, Aunt) :sad: and all the animals waiting at the rainbow bridge for everyone at the party.
This really says it all for me. If only I could see my rainbow animals again.

GUARDIAN3D
November 15th, 2006, 03:34 PM
this was appropriately posted in the Off-Topic forum. This is my first day on a 'forum', I need to look around before commenting I guess;) SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~michelle~
November 15th, 2006, 03:34 PM
i would have a perfect fall day nice and warm (like 10-15 degrees, sweater weather) spend the whole day at the dog park (it would be light out from 8am-midnight :) ) have a party and drink martinis and beer all day, and since im not taking anything with me there will be no hangover.

doggy lover
November 15th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I would wish for peace, no deaths of anykind and that there was enough food for everyone on earth. That all were free from an abusive relationship and ther were no race problems in the world.
Also that all dogs and cats in shelters had a safe and happy home, everyone who has no reason to breed their pets got them fixed and that all pets were safe from abuse.
My wish will never come true:(

erykah1310
November 15th, 2006, 05:24 PM
this was appropriately posted in the Off-Topic forum. This is my first day on a 'forum', I need to look around before commenting I guess;) SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its hokay, we were all new once too. Sorry your thread isnt getting any answers. I didnt post in it because I really have no idea what its about, perhaps I will go check it out again.

Welcome by the way!

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Anything your mind can imagine is yours in this wonderful 24 hours ( but you cant keep it afterwards) the only thing that stays is your memory ( and who ever else you decided to involve in this day)

Ok, you guys who are saving animals and things, you can't! Because they'll just go back the next day.:( So if I understand Erykah's motives... it's fluff! Lighthearted fun! :highfive:

technodoll
November 15th, 2006, 07:45 PM
one big long spa day! for myself, my furkids, and my man! massages, jacuzzies, mudbath, pedicure, manicure, head massage, reflexology; you name it... i would eat every couple of hours (poutine, shrimp cocktail, black forest cake, pizza, you name it) and not gain a pound. doggies would get bathed, groomed, cleaned up, massaged, eat all the cookies and chase all the cats they want... siestas for everyone on the best mattresses.. mmm.... :cloud9:

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 07:54 PM
siestas for everyone on the best mattresses.. mmm.... :cloud9:What brand? :D

doggy lover
November 15th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Ok if it had to be about myself, I'd like to have a special Christmas Day for all my family I'd rent a large cottage in the mountains somewhere with a large fire in the fireplace, a huge tree and lots of presents. There would be lots of snow and snowmobiles to ride on. The day would be beautiful and sunny great for taking Tucker for a walk in the woods. Then we would all sit down to a really big dinner, and good wine. We would all go to bed happy and full.:angel:

technodoll
November 15th, 2006, 08:25 PM
What brand?

NOT sealy! :frustrated: some exotic waterbubbleair mattress or something super outerspace techy... LOL

meb999
November 15th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I would sit on the most beautifull beach in the world (wherever that is) and watch the waves roll in alllllll day :cloud9:

Prin
November 16th, 2006, 01:02 AM
That's it meb? You're not hungry or thirsty or anything?

CyberKitten
November 16th, 2006, 06:36 AM
I am sorry to see so much violent notions listed tho I do understand the motivations behind the thought, I am personally not a violent person and don't think one day doing what we'd like to do to pedophiles and backyard breeders will solve the problems. These are sick, evil people and while I might be persuaded to help authorities round them up, I'd certainly want them locked up and the keys thrown away. That's if we can manage to have laws re byb passed that have teeth in them. And pedophiles do not do well in prison.

However - with 24 hrs to just relax (I am alas still back with the nasty guys mentioned and I have treated the victims of the pedophiles - my grandfather once had to sit in Judgement of a horrible case on appeal and it haunted him for the rest of his life and he saw the pix and documents. I got to see if not those actual ones, others just as bad or worse up close and personal and whiile it does indeed make one want to do something horrible to the perpetrator, esp when it is the child's parents or relatives or someone s/he trusted, I refuse to lower myself to that level. I do want tougher laws though and better laws in recruiting teachers, youth workers, etc. I once as a school board member was responsible for the firing of a high school teacher who engaged in inappropriate behaviour with his 15-17 yo students. He did not do the worst things possible but I'd like to think I did my part in getting him out of our district, I did hear he was hired again by another high school and took it upon myself - as someone who knew the Principal from politics - and just because it was the moral thing to do - contacted that District and he is now employed at a store somewhere. If only I could have done as much to the ppl who were responsible for the baby I treated with a sexually transmitted illness. None of this stuff is easy - you never get used to it no matter how often you see it - and I do not that much now in my specialty - but I do hear about it and I even see it in my specialty. Abuse occurs even when children are ill - and like many situations - family conflict (financial issues, illness, substance abuse as a result of the added stress all adds up and while we like to trhink all parents are like ours were or we are, the truth is sadly not at all like that.)

Anyway - 24 hours would be heaven. No beeper or cell phone for one thing if that is even possible. (If someone can conjure up more doctors and oncologists not to mention other health care professionals like nurses, I might be able to engage in that fantasy) I would find a good book (and if my guy is involved in this, we could spend the time together reading, resting, not even a TV or a computer with all the God awful news that is on. Just once, I;d like to wake up to CBC announcing a good news story. Why is it CBC seems to breathlessly announce that some physicist has absconded with uranium or Iran or North Korea are making threatening noises? So, no radio or TV - maybe a CD with some good music but that's it. And I'd read fiction. And we'd play with my kitties and take them out for a ride in the stroller, with the "girls" all bundled up. And give them lots of attention. We;d all climb into bed and play bubblet and read and listen to purring and just relax.

I read a couple allegedly feel good books (the sequel to Tuesdays with Morrie) and I found it depressing. I do not need to read about death. I see it all the time - the point was well intentioned enough but one wonders just how much suffering this author has ever experienced. As someone who has overcome my own health problems - and deals with them daily - and tries my best to help children, adolescents and their families cope with theirs - and hopefully "heal" them in the process, his words left me cold and made me sad. I am not saying he should have experienced some awful illness to write the books but I think they are oriented by those who have the luxury of never having suffered in any significant manner. Especially the last one. Maybe it's just that when you have "been there" so to speak , you look for those little details and they are just not there. That for me does not ring true and I need books that are billed as uplifting to at least do that.

if they do help others though, I am glad for them. I was more upset after reading The Five people You meet in Heaven - but we had just lost one of my all time favourite patients, who was all of 8 years old. yet in those 8 years, she had packed more life and influence than many adults I encounter. She lived and died with a dignity, grace and courage that makes us all realize we had better be thankful for every day we have and try to make the world a better place, with whatever talents God has given us and how ever we have applied ourselves to utilizing them. (I suppose I am turning into my parents who had no time for slackers and that kind of scares me because I want to be non judgemental and also find time to just relax. But there is so little time and life is too precious to waste on trivial things. yet I am guilty of that from time to time, sigh!)

Anyway - sorry for the long and serious rant but the question was asked. <g>
And I do need a rest, even if it is just for 24 hrs! :)

happycats
November 16th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Ok, you guys who are saving animals and things, you can't! Because they'll just go back the next day.:( So if I understand Erykah's motives... it's fluff! Lighthearted fun! :highfive:

Oh....so they don;t get to keep their beatings?:sad: :evil: And CK, I'm not a violent person either, but I don't think certain people should be roaming free JMO.
Okay....so light and fluffy eh........well I guess a day at the spa with refreshments would be nice:o

Golden Girls
November 16th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Happycats: I'll volunteer :evil:

Sorry CK, I'm going to sound violent but it's just a 24 hr imaginary dream *whistling*
Imagine you had 24 hours to do anything, anything at all... no concequencesNo consequences at all :D I don't even need a penny. I'd summon every single puppy miller (+ GL)to a shack right by the Quebec border, stack em each in a realy small damp dark cold cage with no food or water, hands will be tied with huge padlocks. For 24 hours I'd supervise their discomfort walking up and down the rows making sure I touch each and every cage with my crow bar. The fear alone makes them s**t. Darn - it drips into the cages below *oops* Oh well, my time's up too bad theirs isn't. I drop their freedom key down the only drain that works as I walk out the door leaving them to the nightmare they created.
Phew, that felt too dam good! (Prin: These guys don't get out the next day :D)
Now for the light and fluffy: I'd lie on the Jersey shore, watch the sunrise, listen the waves all day long then fall asleep after sunset :cloud9:

technodoll
November 16th, 2006, 02:29 PM
stack em each in a realy small damp dark cold cage with no food or water, hands will be tied with huge padlocks

GG you forgot one thing.... they are to be naked so they can feel the cold cement chaffing their feet and butts! :evil:

Golden Girls
November 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM
OOO even better :evil:

Prin
November 16th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Wow, that was really graphic... Kinda makes you hope the whole "do unto others" thing is a hint about the afterlife.;)

Frenchy
November 16th, 2006, 07:56 PM
OOO even better :evil:

Can I change mine ? Because I would like to assist GG on this one. :evil: