Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poll: What is a punum?

brandynva
November 14th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Ok, I asked this question in another thread and nobody answered, so I figured I'd throw my stupidity out there for all to see and hopefully get an answer. I looked it up but couldn't find anything. :eek: Sooo, either I'm net stupid orrrrr ... (fill in the blank here)

P.S. -- My first poll so hopefully I do it right.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 14th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I have no idea what a punum is :D

Hunter's_owner
November 14th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I think that the word punum was used to refer to a puppy, a doggie, a pooch, etc, like all the slang names that we used to refer to our "puppers":D

Stacer
November 14th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I always understood a punum to be the face. Makes me think of an old Jewish grandmother talking about kissing their grandchild on their cute punum.

wdawson
November 14th, 2006, 09:29 PM
stacer is right

its the hebrew term for face

erykah1310
November 14th, 2006, 09:34 PM
No no no! *achem*

Its comme un bonhomme, but for puppies.... hence punhomme but that wouldnt make a whole lot of sence so its cutened up by punum! :crazy:

Dang Im impressed with my take on that one. Almost would say I am kinda creative today. :D

jesse's mommy
November 14th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Oooo, is this a new game for us to play? Like balderdash for the forum. Maybe we can have one word a day that someone makes up a bunch of different answers and we guess the right one! Hey that would be fun!

wdawson
November 14th, 2006, 09:46 PM
lol jesse's mommy

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 09:55 PM
I always understood a punum to be the face. Makes me think of an old Jewish grandmother talking about kissing their grandchild on their cute punum.
I agree. Punum is face...

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Oooo, is this a new game for us to play? Like balderdash for the forum. Maybe we can have one word a day that someone makes up a bunch of different answers and we guess the right one! Hey that would be fun!

good idea.:)

jiorji
November 14th, 2006, 10:04 PM
as per the urban dictionary online

1.punum
Hebrew for "face", usually expressed with affection.

2.Punum

Being cup-cake-like, very cute, and "aww" worthy.

3. punum

a little furry dog with minimal intelligence, but oh so cute.

all it takes is a google search...

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Yes but one person googling teaches one person, while a thread teaches hundreds. Yey! And we get a cool game idea out of it too.;)

brandynva
November 14th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the answers guys. It looks like face takes the cake. :D It is fun to see what others think. I did do a google search and it said I spelled it wrong. It wanted to know if I meant punIM. I figured I'd ask here, since I thought maybe it was someone's doggy term. So, when someone says what a cute punum that is in reference to someone's doggy, it KIND of means those kissable lips as they are attached to the referenced doggy's face. :crazy: Anyway, I LOVE Balderdash. My husband hates board games of any kind, especially timed ones, so it's hard to find someone to play with. :yell: That's waaaaay :offtopic: , but since it's my thread can I be :offtopic: ? And before anyone asks, no I have not been taking my dog's pain meds. SHE won't take them either though. Ok, I'll shut up now. Good bye.

Frenchy
November 15th, 2006, 11:49 AM
OK , next time you make a poll about english words you don't understand , you will have to put this choice in your poll ; "I don't know because no abla english , I'M FRENCHHHHHHH!"

ByronsMum
November 15th, 2006, 02:03 PM
OK , next time you make a poll about english words you don't understand , you will have to put this choice in your poll ; "I don't know because no abla english , I'M FRENCHHHHHHH!"

I must say that I have liberally used the term "punum" in my posts...my apologies if you didn't know what it meant! :o

Frenchy is becoming even more trilingual as we speak!! "Ella only parle en francais from ahora on"!!! :D Did you like that one?? It took me while to come up with it!!

Ok, enough threadjacking...sorry brandy!:o

brandynva
November 15th, 2006, 03:08 PM
lol you guys are funny. I speak no french. er, no habla frances... Ok, so I know a couple of words. au revoir, erm.... escargot... annnd i think that's it! I took 4 years of spanish in high school and remember very little. And threadjacking is np with me, byronsmom. It was a silly thing anyway. :crazy: