Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cleaning up and recommended cleaning products

kmjx65
November 14th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hi all,

I haven't been able to find any answers on the forum so far...so...

What product would you recommend for removing pet stains?

I went to several pet stores and the best I found so far is PetForce. At first it worked great. It smelled nice in my apartment and the stain appeared to be gone. However, when I took a look at the carpet a month or so later I found it to be a bit brown in color. (Our landlord will not be happy about this)

I've used several other products but nothing works to get out the stans.

Have I all ready set the stain too much? Will it never come out? Do I need to call a professional cleaner?

What have you used that worked?

~michelle~
November 14th, 2006, 07:59 PM
i find that Get Serious- stain odor and pheromone remover worked well and it was easy to use no long waiting. just rubbing it up and blotting dry. it gets rid of old and new stains.

jessi76
November 14th, 2006, 08:12 PM
What have you used that worked?

ripping the carpet out of my house seemed to work best for me. ;)

PetFriendly
November 14th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I've always found it best to not rub at all and to just blot. Its a tip my grandmother once gave me and the logic is as follows, if you rub, all you're doing in grinding the mess into the fibers of the rug. If you get the carpet good and damp (almost wet), and have lots and lots of dry rags at hand, you will actually draw the moisture, and therefor the mess, out. Its always worked for me, reguardless of which product I use.

PetFriendly
November 14th, 2006, 08:14 PM
ripping the carpet out of my house seemed to work best for me. ;)

That is also a very good idea, laminate is what we put down instead! ;)

wdawson
November 14th, 2006, 08:29 PM
you need an emzyme digester.........try going to a professional cleaning supply store......also a product with peroxide might work.......just make sure you rinse with water before trying another product on top of another......rent the machine that injects water then vacuums out....if that fails call a professional.......i manage a carpet cleaning\fire resto company and these stains are going to be hard to remove.....get a quote on cleaning.......it may be as cheap to replace the carpet, for the odour...it might be in the under pad....it will have to go.......hope this helps

kmjx65
November 14th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I'll definitely give some of the suggetions a try. Although ripping out the carpet isn't an option since we live in an apt. I don't think the landlord will allow it....although when we move they are probably going to charge us a lot. eek!