Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

boxer/pointer mix and separation anxiety

socmoe
November 14th, 2006, 06:17 PM
[Hi everyone - my name is Maureen and I would like some advice if possible. I am considering getting a boxer/pointer mix from a shelter. She is 4 years old and is in good physical health but does have seperation anxiety which is being treated with medication (not sure what kind at this point) and behavioral therapy. The lady at the shelter said that she is doing well with the therapy but I will get more info tomorrow when I talk to the behavioral therapist. She also said that this dog would be great with a child and another dog for company. My heart (and my daughter's!) melted when we saw her. I have a 13 year old (mostly) husky who is very laid back and social and loves other dogs and a 6 yr old daughter who loves dogs. My two questions are: does anyone have boxer/pointer mixed dogs and how are they with other dogs and kids, how are their energy levels, etc. 2) Has anyone's dog experienced separation anxiety and how did it all work out (in other words will it eventually subside with TLC, etc.). Thanks everyone! Maureen[/COLOR]

phoenix
November 14th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Hi Maureen
Are you ready for a LOT of energy??

I don't have that mix, but I do have a boxer and a boxer x... at the dog park the pointers are the only ones that can keep up with them!