Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Threadjack thread: the POLL...

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Ok, so rainbow keeps bringing it up, so here's the poll.:D

What is the fate of the threadjack thread?
(please wait for the poll)

technodoll
November 14th, 2006, 03:25 PM
i love that thread! but it feels overwhelming now... sooo biiig! :o

~michelle~
November 14th, 2006, 03:34 PM
ive never posted on the treadjack thread.....i go to read it and never understand whats going on

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM
It's just random thoughts and experiences and chat.... :shrug:

Personally I like the threadjack thread when it's normal. When it's all pumped up and chaotic, it's hard to follow.

But somebody else needs to help with the summaries.;)
It's not that hard. You just point out the important things and make sarcastic comments about the rest.:D

Skryker
November 14th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I'd vote for weekly threads (This week on Pet.ca Nov 13/06 for example) with summaries every so many pages.

We should maybe take turns doing the summaries to give Prin a break-and hope we can live up to her high standard!:thumbs up

erykah1310
November 14th, 2006, 06:55 PM
:shrug: For me on dial up, my "brain child" is hard to open up, sadly I think that we should retire the first thread jack thread and re-open on a monthly basis. :sad:
Just name it mundane chat vol. whatever and at the end of each month we can vote on a member to summarize and then open the next volume..:shrug:

Just my suggestion.

Hunter's_owner
November 14th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah I agree with Erykah and voting on someone to summarize would help out as well:thumbs up

Frenchy
November 14th, 2006, 07:05 PM
We can't expect Prin to summarize all the time ! What if she finds a job :eek: :yell:

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM
No worries, Frenchy, doesn't look like that's happening any time soon... But it does take a long time to summarize big chunks...:o :shrug:

Hunter's_owner
November 14th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah I voted for once a month, but now thinking about it, maybe once a week would be better:shrug: :shrug:

Frenchy
November 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
No worries, Frenchy, doesn't look like that's happening any time soon... But it does take a long time to summarize big chunks...:o :shrug:
I love your resume but I think it's a lot of work ,you don't have to do them everyday ! Don't put pressure on yourself ! I read all the post anyway !

Frenchy
November 14th, 2006, 08:10 PM
:offtopic: I think i'm putting too much these = !!!!!!!! in my posts :shrug:

dtbmnec
November 14th, 2006, 08:51 PM
It's a rather large thread....

Perhaps every week or so...maybe every two weeks?

That'll be big enough that its ok but not big enough that its overwhelming....

You don't have to have it only named "the threadjack thread"....maybe name it something like "SPAM" or something....perhaps the next person to open it chooses the thread name? rotate it around?

Megan

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I voted to leave it it would make me sad to close it - because its such a great accomplishment :(

my second choice is to open a weekly threadjack thread :D

pamha
November 14th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I absolutely love the threadjack thread. But I rarely post cause it takes so long to find where I left off and catch up on everything, yes, I`ve read most of it :o By the time I`m caught up its way past bedtime or I have to go do house-wifely or mommy things. Weekly should keep it more manageable & make it easier to pop in here & there.

Stacer
November 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I personally have been avoiding the threadjack thread, i find it oo overwhelming and find it hard to just jump in in the middle of an ongoing chat between people.

brandynva
November 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I agree that it's hard to keep up with. Especially not being able to get on but about once a day to read consistently. It sure is entertaining though to read Prin's summaries.

jiorji
November 14th, 2006, 11:26 PM
why not just get a chartroom instead of typing and then refreshing the page like crazy until someone replies...:shrug:

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 11:29 PM
They can't do the chatroom thing. They tried and just can't get one that works properly.:shrug: :(

rainbow
November 15th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I still say a DAILY threadjack thread. That would make it easier for pamha, stacer and brandyvma and others that don't visit often to join in. :thumbs up

Also, there would be no need for summaries that can obviously be a bit overwhelming to do most of the time :eek: unless someone really felt like doing it. ;)

If you want to quote someone or refer to something from a previous day you can always copy and paste. :o

happycats
November 15th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Okay my option isn't here, if it was it would have gone something like this;

I see it, it scares me, so I don't go in it!! :o so It's up to the rest of you.

ByronsMum
November 15th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I just voted for DAILY threadjack-threads...but now that I think about it, weekly ones seem more practical. Start a new one every sunday kinda thing....but definitely DON'T close it!!

I was just starting to become one of the kewl kids!!!! :frustrated:

SunGurl372
November 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Personally I like the threadjack thread when it's normal. When it's all pumped up and chaotic, it's hard to follow.

Translation: when SunGurl's not making one of her rare appearances and then hogs the board while spewing tripe about 80's movies....:evil:

But somebody else needs to help with the summaries.;)
It's not that hard. You just point out the important things and make sarcastic comments about the rest.:D

Ahh..but see, not everyone is gifted with your dry witty humor .... (sucking up indeed, harrumph).... ;)

On a serious note, I see my suggestion didn't make the poll. I vote for leaving the threadjack thread as is (love the flow, hate to have to try to track more than one of these!!!)....BUT....

I think there should be a sister thread with just the summaries. That way they'd be easier to find, and then those of us interested enough can brave the fire by jumping to the main one....

Just a suggestion....:shrug:

jesse's mommy
November 15th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I like sungurls suggestion. Leave it as it is, but a sister thread with summaries. I like that a lot! :thumbs up

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 04:50 PM
ooo and the first person to post on the next page has to summarize the page before. :evil:

jesse's mommy
November 15th, 2006, 05:07 PM
That's a really good idea. Now, no more talk of closing the thread jack thread!

mummummum
November 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Leave it AlOOOoooooooone. I don't feel the need to read all the way back but of course I rarely post on The Jack. Well, I did try once or twice but when hours had passed and I still hadn't figured out The Man's name is candid(kidding...)
Weekly Summaries would be nice. I didn't know there were any - duh.

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM
For the people who are afraid of it...

Don't be. :) It's the threadjack thread. You come in, post anything and chat a while. You can ask questions to keep up. It's not a 7000 post thread on one subject or anything, it changes by the hour. So you click on "last page" if you want to and just post away.;)

Prin
November 15th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Well, I did try once or twice but when hours had passed and I still hadn't figured out The Man's name is candid(kidding...) lol... Candid... :D

crazyk1020
November 16th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I have never posted on it...it is soooo big and scary :D !! I can't keep up with it, and plus it doesn't take much to confuse me so this sends my little brain into a whirl :p I am always trying to read it though, but alas it goes in and goes right back out again. I do enjoy it though.

doggy lover
November 16th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I say leave it, I drop in now and then and can't believe how big it has gotten but its not hurting anyone and you can start anywhere you don't have to go back and read what happened on page say 134 its completly random.