Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Connecticut

tabbycattt
November 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I have a new (first) shelter cat named Quincy. He's about 3 or 4 yrs old. He's black. Tabbycattt

jawert1
November 15th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the forums! Would love to see pictures of your fuzzy one :)

Ptrcmcc6
November 15th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Hello and welcome!! It's so nice to see people adopting older pets from the shelter. So many times they get passed up because people would rather have a puppy/kitten. My dog, Copper, was almost 2 years old when we adopted him last year. Although puppies/kittens are so cute.......they require a lot of time and patience when you bring them home. So many people don't realize this and before you know it.....they are bringing them back to the shelter after a month or two. Or worst yet.....just abandoning them. I knew I wanted an older dog when I went to the shelter because evey though I believe I have the patience to train a puppy......I knew I didn't have the time for it as I work. At 2 years old, my Copper was already trained/housebroken when we brought him home. The only thing I taught him so far was to sit, give his paw, and, of course, who is in charge here. Although, sometimes he thinks he is in charge......lol......:D .

Good luck with your new furry addition to your family!!

Patty

rainbow
November 21st, 2006, 03:27 AM
Welcome to the forum....don't forget to post pics of Quincy. :cat: