Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

totally submits when i sneeze

dogcatharmony
November 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I have been wanting to ask this question for a long time, but in fear of looking silly I didn't. Now that I feel a little more comfortable with this BB i will go ahead and ask. My dog Zoe has been doing this for about a year now, when I get ready to sneeze she comes running, and when I actually sneeze she throws herself down and gets all wimpy and rolls onto her belly with her tail wagging in that tucked in submitance way. I get her up and tell her Im okay, Im okay but she collapses right back to the floor again. She will lay like that for awhile and heavens forbid if you have a sneezing fit, she gets super wimpy then. So my question is does anybody know why and does anyone elses dog do this? She even does this if my cats sneeze. She has never been yelled at, I never raise my voice to her at any time so why does she act so submissive?

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 01:18 PM
I don't know why she does it... But when my man sneezes, the dogs leave the room now because I think they know if they're in sight, he'll probably start yelling about dog allergies. But when I sneeze, they just look at me like I'm a moron.:D

Could be that she's just afraid of what's happening... Or could be she smells the 'sick'...

Either way, if you're having a sneezing fit, maybe make it exciting and fun? :o I dunno, but sneezing makes me laugh, and my doggies aren't afraid of me...:o

jessi76
November 14th, 2006, 01:36 PM
lol! mine does it too! Tucker thinks every sneeze is "the sneeze of death". half the time he completely flips out.... looks shocked... then RUNS and JUMPS on me, licking my face, as if to "make me better". other times he jumps up, and leaves the room - actually "sulks" away. it's really quite funny, makes me laugh everytime.

BusterBoo
November 14th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Buster also comes and gives me a face wash if I sneeze! If there are multiple sneezes...the first one he just stops whatever he is doing and looks as if he is surprised...the second he starts running and by the third he is in my lap. If my other dog (harley) sneezes....Buster totally ignores him. :D

we3beagles
November 14th, 2006, 01:42 PM
maybe try giving her a treat every time you sneeze. she will associate sneezes with good things then. the only downside is that you will have to keep treats within arms reach.

dogcatharmony
November 14th, 2006, 01:50 PM
lol , i just came back to add that Im not one of those "orgasmic sneezers" ( that is what my mom calls the ones who let'er rip. Im a prim and proper sneezer, you know the one that would more than likely lose an eyeball or blow a lung instead of letting the sneeze go. So it definetly is not a noise issue. But i am so glad that there are others out there that know what im talking about. HURRAY MY DOG AND I AREN'T THAT WEIRD AFTER ALL, LOL:crazy: