that some walmart employee writes these "reviews" :yuck:
http://www.epinions.com/content_141663768196

is it just me, or is this really appalling? :confused:

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 02:02 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif

Hunter's_owner
November 14th, 2006, 02:09 PM
OMG, that is horrible!!! It is too bad that people who don't know differently can read this and think it is great!!!:eek:

Scott_B
November 14th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Sadly, I'm not surprised at all! These people just don't get it. They just assume that since its dog food, it must be good for them. :yuck:

This past weekend Rosco had just finished supper ( bowl of tripe) and my uncle asked "cant you just feed him Iams?" :eek: I replied "why would I want to? Iams is one of the worst foods out there." He just doesn't get that there are better dog foods out there. :frustrated:

Hunter's_owner
November 14th, 2006, 02:15 PM
It is all about the advertising. For people who don't take the initiative and do the research, the t.v. commercials tell them all they need to (or want to) know. Iams, Eukanuba, etc can spend millions of dollars in tv advertising and get the people to buy their food just because someone on tv said it was good!!!

technodoll
November 14th, 2006, 02:21 PM
totally. as if the dogs in the "beneful" or "pedigree" commercials actually eat that garbage! LOL yeaaahhh riiiiight :rolleyes: so i checked out the Epinions authors who love Ol'Roy so professionally (a-hem) and i'll bet TWO million bucks they get paid handsomely to write this fiction! :evil:

TeriM
November 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Oh that is sad. You should write your own review to offset that idiot.

TeriM
November 14th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Actually we should all do that and give it a real bad rating. At least if people are looking for a cheaper food we could recommend the Kirkland brand.

barkley21
November 14th, 2006, 08:07 PM
That's disgusting! How can anyone write that garbage?

"Ol' Roy Dinner Rounds are about the size of a quarter, bone colored with red meaty coloring in the middle. Now doesn't this sound good???? "

Yeah, the red meat "colouring" has me sold :eek: ...sounds delicious :yuck:

The ingredients are: wheat flour, soybean meal, water, cereal food fines, corn syrup, beef, meat and bone meal, animal fat, dicalcium phosphate, propylene glycol, salt, potassium sorbate, potassium chloride, phosphoric acid, choline chloride, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), vitamins ( E supplement, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflaven, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, A, folic acid, biotin, B12, D3 supplement, iron oxide, caramel color, red 40.

I'd like to slap that list of ingredients down on that person's plate and tell them to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday for the rest of their lives. Seriously, don't these people know what propylene glycol is? I bet it wouldn't sound so good if I offered them a jug of antifreeze for dinner :rolleyes:

technodoll
November 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM
seriously... it's just recycled leftovers to make space, cheaper than dumping in a landfill (why throw away something you can somehow make money with?) :( there is NO thought or consideration whatsoever for the animals that eat this trash. those companies are there to turn a profit off the animal's backs, that's it and that's all. Now... when someone sneaks into a public opinion forum and passes off real personal experience with marketing blah blah that is total BS... that is just even über-wrong :mad:

rainbow
November 14th, 2006, 11:52 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/puking/1.gif

~michelle~
November 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
yucky.......:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: ....:sick:

happycats
November 15th, 2006, 10:35 AM
I was just checking out all the cat food there, and most scored 4 stars or higher. So I think it all comes down to advertising, or what our pets "like", and what ours pets "like" isn't necessarily good for them.;)

x.l.r.8
November 16th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I have a list of sites I use regularly for referance, this one http://www.wholepetvet.com/reports/Allman_dfchart.htm
supplied a while ago tells you all you need to know about Ol'roy, and indeed Nutro. It is the ONLY reason my cat of 17 years (doofer) is coming back with me from her final trip to the vets tomorrow, I want to know she will be safe after I can no longer care for her.

OntarioGreys
November 17th, 2006, 10:05 PM
The corn syrup comes before the meat, no wonder dogs love it, I wonder how many of the dogs eating it will end up with diabetes or have good muscle tone

most kids would rather eat cookies and cake, or fruit loopos cereal over meat and potatoes, sure they would survive as it provides enough necessities for life but not thrive on such a diet. Dogs like kids love sweets and salty foods

AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles provides for the bare necessities for sustaining life, a company can add in whatever extras they want to either make the food more nutritious or crap to make their food more palaptable so a dog will eat it, Ole Roy falls in the latter category.

Angies Man
November 18th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I posted a couple of comments.:evil:

Epinions is such a crock of BS!!!

technodoll
November 18th, 2006, 05:51 PM
oooh where?? i tried to find your reviews but didn't see anything... :)

Angies Man
November 19th, 2006, 02:22 AM
They make you register and then confirm your registration through an email. Might be a dog food terrorist or sumthin'.

erykah1310
November 19th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Way to tell them Angies man! :highfive:

technodoll
November 19th, 2006, 11:19 AM
can you please post the link? sey lazy td, he he he :rolleyes:

Angies Man
November 19th, 2006, 04:06 PM
comments: http://www.epinions.com/content_141663768196/show_~allcom

technodoll
November 19th, 2006, 05:07 PM
wow!!! YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE!! oh happy dance! :D :highfive:

MyBirdIsEvil
November 19th, 2006, 05:08 PM
:eek: That was surprising.

Maybe we should comment on even more reviews of some of the crappier foods and see what happens.

ByronsDad
November 24th, 2006, 11:40 AM
It doesn’t help either that many vets are fueling the notion of bad foods really being good. In our puppy classes, the vet running things told people there that the best way to tell how good a dog food is, is by how much your dog likes it. Talk about skewed logic. I much prefer a burger to a salad, but that sure as sin doesn’t make it better for me.

erykah1310
November 24th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Off topic here really bad, but are you Byrons mommys hubby?:o

ByronsDad
November 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Off topic here really bad, but are you Byrons mommys hubby?:o

Yup. ;)