Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Play jungle for a bunny

erykah1310
November 14th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Well day one of being off work and iM officially bored....

I feel bad for Oreo and the fosters. They sit in thier cages all day long. ( that sounds bad but I hope you know what i mean) Must be sooooo boring for them.

All the cages are cut opened on one side so i can just turn it around and they can hop out and play in the house with everyone else but when im at work i feel they are safer in the cages.

Of course since im home the cages are turned and they are all running around the house ( amazing how they will always return to the cage to poop and pee without any real training)

Anyway to my question.... I have some carpet tubes ( the thing that the carpet is rolled around) and I want to cut them and make some fun tunnels for the bunnies to play in...

They have a "box" with a ramp on each side that they love to climb on. What else could I add for them to have some fun while they are out and about. Im thinking of converting " the kitty room " to the bunny winter room. A safe place for them to run and play. There is no electrical cords in there.

They all play nice. Oreo is spayed and the only male I have is neutered, the other 2 females are still intact ( until they get adopted) so there is no possibility of baby bunnies.:thumbs up

I am going to get some nice big branches today for them to chew on 'cause thiers are pretty worn out... I want to make the room into a bunny jungle...

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pug lover
November 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM
dont really know much about bunnies but sounds cool so far

erykah1310
November 14th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I was thinking just now too, perhaps buying one of those shallow bins and planting them some grass. I know it wont last long cause they will end up burrowing in there , but atleast for that day they would have some yummy grass to munch on, a nice treat in the winter:shrug:

I also think im going to modify the box with the ramps and put some tubes coming into it, that way its like a den for them?!?!?!

Im on a roll :highfive:

pug lover
November 14th, 2006, 02:07 PM
k pictures when u get it done

ewe5248
October 20th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a lot of hopping going on. I used to have two ferrets that seem to like the same things as bunnies except of course Phoo didn't relish the smell of ferrets! I used to have a big box with packing peanuts in it that are made of cornstarch so if they are ingested, no problem. What a riot it was to watch the weasel war dance! My bunny Phoo also likes things that he can flip around and leap into like the packing peanuts. They will however chew the cardboard tubes to smithereens. I would be cautious about the carpet ubes because of the type of glue. You can make them "bunny trails" out of a bunch of cardboard boxes that are taped pasted together with non-toxic paste so that they can go in and out of hole that go from one box to the other. Phoo also enjoys dandelion greens in season. They are very high in iron. I give him only branches from fruit trees. Phoo also likes to have little stuffed toys that he can flip and play with!
Hope this helps. Oh yeah a few plastic easter eggs glued shut are a blast to roll around and hop over!