Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Minnie the stray kitty

Mahealani770
November 13th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I decided to move this to a new thread that made sense, so if it looks familiar, just go with it..lol:D

Originally Posted By: Chico2
How is little Nicky reacting to all this,his little world is turning up-side-down and hows Minnie doing??

Hey Chico, thanks for the support and encourgement. Nicky tries to ignore the kitty as much as possible. He's kind of like a crabby old man and she's like a young kid trying to play with him..lol. It doesn't go over very well. It's so cute. Minnie will crouch down behind a door and wait for Nicky to go prancing by and then BOO! She jumps out at him, totally expecting him to react and play back with her and she looks so disappointed when he just keeps walking or turns his head up. It's totally entertaining for us, though.

I have noticed Nicky becoming very clingy with me since the kitty has arrived though. And actually, he guarded me a little bit this weekend, which is very surprising since I had broken him of guarding my partner a LONG time ago! My partner bent down to give me a kiss, Nicky was laying behind me and he actually growled at her! I was in shock. He has never guarded me, it was always my partner. So, I don't know what the heck is going on.

Minnie sleeps on my chest and loves to lay her cold little nose RIGHT on my lips. The wife has a few pictures of us sleeping together but I don't want to post them because I look BUSTED! lol

Originally Posted by: Cpietra16
No one said being an angel was an easy job...but you guys are doing a great job. I wish half the people I meet could be half as concerned when they see a stray. good luck. It will work out.

Thanks Cpietra! It's just hard noticing every single stray animal in the neighborhood because I want to take them all in but obviously can't. I do have my eye on a Calico that's running around our complex though :angel:

I decided not to take Minnie to the vet on Friday, but to instead take her to a traveling group of vets who give low-cost vaccinations for a good cause. So, I'd much rather support that than a vet. My poor wife had to stand in line for 3 hours by herself, while I was at my friend's house getting ready for my birthday party. Minnie fell asleep in her cat carrier and her little body is all twisted around. She looked so uncomfortable but she was KNOCKED OUT! lol I'll have to post those pics of her waiting in line with her other Mommy. Anyway, she got 4 shots, some stuff shoved in her mouth, her nails clipped, some blood drawn and we got a poop box to send a sample out in. The vet there also determined her age at 9 mos to a year, but they didn't look at her teeth, just her body. So, I don't know how accurate that guess is. We have to take her back in 2 weeks for another test and this time I will be there and I'll get her weight and some other questions answered. But so far, everything is fine with our little girl! She is such a joy! Thanks for the support!

Here is Minnie, in line with her other Mommy at Petco this weekend lol

Mahealani770
November 13th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Here's a few more of Minnie at Petco: