Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking to purchase

rainclouds
November 13th, 2006, 02:39 PM
HI, I am looking into purchasing an English Bull dog and I am wondering if anyone knows what type of temperment they have and or any bad habits that they might have..just want to know what I am getting myself into before I spend alot of money on these cutie pies..

Please get back to me on this, much appreciated

Thank you

Hope

~michelle~
November 13th, 2006, 03:10 PM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bulldog.htm

they snore, and drool alot.
they can be stubborn and need an owner that knows about alpha dog behaviour as they can tend to have dominance issues.
they are full of energy as puppies, but tend to settle down as they age. however it is important to keep them fit
they are sensitive to weather changes (both heat and cold)
susceptible to respritory problems
loyal but not for the obedience enthusisit
due to the recent surge in the english bulldog's popularity there have been a rise in the number of irresponsible back yard breeders. choose carefully when picking who to get your puppy from. more information on how to pick a reputable breeder is on this forum. also check out some rescues of english bulldogs and www.petfinder.com

pug lover
November 14th, 2006, 08:19 AM
they snore drool and fart:eek:

they have breathing problems beacuse they are a snub nosed dog--no snout
they have eye problems
they are brom by ceasearn section--or should be

they cost a small fortune and most breeders have a waiting list of about a year

I am glad to see that you are researching this breed before purchasing hope you find the perfect pet for your family

LM1313
November 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
They are VERY prone to medical problems, so be sure to put money aside for the future. Also, I highly recommend getting pet insurance for this breed. Good for you for planning ahead! :)