Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Russian Bolonkas

erykah1310
November 12th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Is anyone familiar with this breed of dog?? I have never heard of it, there is an ad for some pups close by me and im really curious. The only information I can find is from the "breeders" advertisment.

They look cute, not my kind of dog though. Apparently Rare, however selling for dirt cheap.:frustrated:

cpietra16
November 12th, 2006, 07:28 PM
This is what I found on the breed

The Russian Tsvetnaya Bolonka is part of the Bichon family. A more modern type of the Russian Tsvetnaya Bolonka appeared in parts of Russia in the 1950?s. These dogs were crosses between the Bichon Frise and the Shih Tzu. Smaller bearded poodles and longhaired terriers were also added into some of the lines. ?Tsvetnaya Bolonka? means colored bichon. This breed comes in many different colors.

http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures/gallery/dogs/alphabetically/russian-tsvetnaya-bolonkas/russian-tsvetnaya-bolonka-0001/

~michelle~
November 12th, 2006, 07:29 PM
their full name Russian tsvetnaya bolonka. meaning colourful lapdog. it was "made" in the 1950s by mating a bischon and a shiz tzu, and some added blood lines from poodles and small long haired terrier dogs

erykah1310
November 12th, 2006, 07:30 PM
K makes more sence now, the "breeder" also breeds shih tzu's.
I wonder if they are registered or not?
Thanks