Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ignorant people rant: Rescues,.BYBs and Pitties

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 12:12 PM
lol not me- the people I'm ranting about are the ignorants...:D :shrug: :o

It's a short one...;)

Ok so we're out for breakfast with the man's friends and of course I mention "Bob the super crazy beautiful 11 year old pyranees" and how I want him. And one says, "But at eleven, he's going to die in like a year or two. Why would you want that?" So I explain that every doggy needs and deserves a good life, and senior doggies just need that good life given to them faster, but that doesn't mean they're not worth it.

So then the same one says "my next dog is a pure bred pitbull". So aside from the fact that it was mentioned here a few times that pitties aren't a real breed, I said, "hey, when you're ready, let me know and I can help you get one from Ontario, since they're all getting killed over there because of the ban."

So then he replies, "What are you the recue queen all of a sudden? No, I already know where I'm getting it from. This guy I know has two awesome pitties and he's breeding them soon."

So I'm trying to get my man to gimme his email addy so I can send him Roxy's story and some links to pitty rescues... It might not help, but I have to say my peace.:o

end rant/

Yeah, I know, it wasn't too ranty. But I figure you all could fill in the emotional explosion parts.;)

Frenchy
November 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
BTW Bob is 9, not 11. So 2 more years for you! :D This guy sounds pretty :yuck: do your best to inform him, that's all you can do.:fingerscr

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
He's 9! oooo even better!:cloud9:

wdawson
November 12th, 2006, 12:23 PM
i can't wait for this guy to get his doggie.....then try to tell you purina is what he feeds and its the best :D

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 12:24 PM
omg, I didn't even go there. :evil:

technodoll
November 12th, 2006, 12:41 PM
it feels like ya knock one down and three new ones pop up :yell: but the work must go on... :o

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM
So then he replies, "What are you the recue queen all of a sudden? No, I already know where I'm getting it from. This guy I know has two awesome pitties and he's breeding them soon."

Did you have to bite your tongue after that remark? :eek:

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM
ohhhh yes... Little bit of blood... That's why I want to send him Roxy's story. She was pretty... She would have made pretty puppies too... But that's only half the story.:sad:

meb999
November 12th, 2006, 02:07 PM
"What are you the recue queen all of a sudden?

'No, I'm the rescue Princess, idiot.' :queen:

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 02:10 PM
tee hee hee

Right. :D

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 02:15 PM
ohhhh yes... Little bit of blood... That's why I want to send him Roxy's story. She was pretty... She would have made pretty puppies too... But that's only half the story.:sad:

Yes, poor Roxy. :sad: So, is Francois going to cough up the email addy? ;)

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 02:16 PM
ha ha, that's not his name. :D Nice try though.

He will. He just doesn't know it yet.

mummummum
November 12th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Well Princess Prin (he-he, I know I'm gonna catch it for that...) why don't you link him to the Advocate for the Underdog's site, and tell him you expect him to buy at least 10 calendars for Christmas presents and then on to the Banned Aid site where you expect him to donate a big chunk of his paycheque as insurance against Quebec laying down the same blinkedy-blank inane legislation and then on to the Staff site where he can belly up to th bar and meet the family challenge of $1000 as evidence that he wants a bully for all the RIGHT reasons and not the machismo ~ because after all a man with real cajones doesn't need a dog to prove himself as a man right?

Oops I ranted again....

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Close? ;)

Are you going to secretly check his addy book? :evil:

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Heh heh.. Good idea.:) (mummummum)

Not sure about the Princess Prin part though... It's a little redundant. :D

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Close? ;)

Are you going to secretly check his addy book? :evil:
lol you're so nosy, rainbow. :D I'll be frank: I said it already.:D

Nah, I don't have to snoop. He's a very open book with me.:cloud9:

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Frankly speaking....sorry for intruding. :o

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 03:04 PM
That's ok. I know you meant well... :D

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks. :o

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 03:07 PM
So uh.. no more ranting?

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 03:11 PM
From you? :D

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 03:15 PM
No... I'm done.:shrug:

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 03:26 PM
But we need to hear more from you after you bombard your friend with emails. :D

Prin
November 12th, 2006, 03:28 PM
oh, yeah, but *not my friend*.;)

TeriM
November 12th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Why do men always think that we aren't going to finally get our way in the end? :D

meb999
November 12th, 2006, 03:34 PM
because we always do

Frenchy
November 12th, 2006, 03:35 PM
So uh.. no more ranting?

So you want rant hey ? I looked at the adds again (why?) and the morons that I replied to yesterday are putting the same adds again today :mad: and there new ones too ; none spayed one yr old pitbull ; best offer accepted :mad: GS male 5 yr old ,real stud, makes beautiful puppies :mad: exchange ; uneutered male (don't remember breed) for uneutered other breed ... :mad: christmas is coming fast,reserve your puppies right now :mad: Countless adds for free cats / kittens :mad: :yell: If I could put a bomb somewhere so that site would close :frustrated:

Golden Girls
November 12th, 2006, 06:39 PM
"But at eleven, he's going to die in like a year or two. Why would you want that?"

"my next dog is a pure bred pitbull".

"What are you the recue queen all of a sudden? No, I already know where I'm getting it from. This guy I know has two awesome pitties and he's breeding them soon."

Sometimes we must smile and pretend we don't know their idiots ;)