Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mastiff/Chihuahua cross

Carina
February 26th, 2004, 11:29 PM
A breeder is working on developing a new breed - "the Satan's Mastiff." They are breeding a Chi to an English Mastiff, and predict the resulting mix will look like a 150lb Chihuahua. Puppies will be sold once the breed has been perfected.
http://new-mastiff.tripod.com/index.htm

(Yes, it's a joke.)
(Really.)
(I hope.)
:eek:

Lucky Rescue
February 27th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Are you sure this is a joke? Nothing would surprise me anymore!!:eek:

Spoiled
February 27th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Are you REALLY sure its a joke? That sounds pretty real to me, knowing what they try to breed.:rolleyes:

mona_b
February 27th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I have to agree.It does look real.

daisy18216
February 28th, 2004, 08:52 PM
I agree that looks very real. It's sick but looks real.

Carina
February 29th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Well a couple of things made me assume it was a subtle joke - first there is NO contact information, which you'd expect from someone who has apparently produced at least one litter. Also things like "Expression: Evil."

This was posted on another board & the consensus was a joke. And the photo of the "first alpha male" is...well, silly!
A vet pointed out on the other board that the Chi was not a good example of the breed but the OEM was exceptional. The whole thing just seemed too silly to be real.

Well. I hope it's a joke.

Lucky Rescue
February 29th, 2004, 10:00 AM
I sure hope it's a joke. 5 lb Chis are bad enough - the thought of a 200lb one is just terrifying!!:p

Catt31
February 29th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Hopefully its a joke...if not I hope to God that the female is the Mastiff...I'd hate to imagine the mating process with a mastiff doing the riding!! ;) poor little Chi!!!