Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Two poops in a row..

PetFriendly
November 11th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Sorry for the graphic title, but I couldn't explain it any other way. For the last 2-3 months Charley has been pooping in two piles. He'll go once, walk around the yard and go again. He'll only do this in our yard, not on walks and not visiting, and I'm curious as to why :confused: . The consistency is fine, and he's otherwise healthy, just in case you were wondering.

meb999
November 11th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Buster does that often....:shrug:

chico2
November 11th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Bailey(Cocker) has been known to poop 3 times on a walk,I always bring 4 bags to be sure.:D

dogcatharmony
November 11th, 2006, 03:58 PM
my dog does this on walks. i need to make sure i bring at least three bags because she poops like a rabbit, a little there, a little here. dont think you need to worry much, i think its almost like a scenting thing.:shrug:

jawert1
November 11th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Simon does this too, I've always thought of him as my lil pooper :D

Angies Man
November 11th, 2006, 04:54 PM
He is probably losing what is in his colon and then needs to poop again because some more has come down the line. If you watch a dog's 'body language' it looks like they squeeze out what they have, stand straight and relaxed for a moment or walk around for a moment or two, and then assume the position and squeeze more out.

~michelle~
November 11th, 2006, 06:43 PM
i wouldnt worry brax and logan do this sometimes.

PetFriendly
November 11th, 2006, 07:58 PM
He is probably losing what is in his colon and then needs to poop again because some more has come down the line. If you watch a dog's 'body language' it looks like they squeeze out what they have, stand straight and relaxed for a moment or walk around for a moment or two, and then assume the position and squeeze more out.

That's exactly it!

I wasn't too worried about, more curious as to the cause. Iguess when we're walking everything has worked itself into 'position' :yuck:
Thanks!