Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Boxer has a sudden need for togetherness

itslorib
November 9th, 2006, 11:53 PM
My Senior Boxer, has suddenly decided I can't be out of his sight, this just began tonight, he is trying to get under the desk as i type, so he can sit between my legs. He is not ill, in fact has been pronounced in perfect health in the last month. If anyone has any reading material, or ideas of what direction I might take, i'm scared his old age may be catching up with him, does doggy dimensia come on all of a sudden? Please help if you can.
Thanks,

Lori B.

Prin
November 10th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Are you ok? Sometimes dogs sense we're not ok...:shrug:

~michelle~
November 10th, 2006, 06:18 AM
i know my pets go through phases of they wonder off and then they wanna be with me all the time ( all 4 of them decide to go through it at the same time)... maybe he was just in mood for some loving, if hes still doing that and any oher behavioural changes (eating less etc) after a few days call the vet and ask them but i wouldnt worry too much about a day long cuddle bug, i'd love it up:cloud9: but since this is abnormal, just monitor and call the vet if it persist. also give him a look over it may be a sign he is in pain ( does he ever go out unattended? make sure his gait is still normal.)