Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Don't chain up your dog

meb999
November 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
One of my friends sent me this link to petfinder....I'm shocked....and speechless....I want to take her home and make it all better. Please never chain up your dog, please :sad:

WARNING: Graphic pics in the petfinder link
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7196179

Hope

Boxer

Size: Large
ID:

Notes: NO animal should be chained anywhere... They cut the chain out of her neck last night and are transporting her to the hospital this morning. I will go and meet her today. She will need surgery most likely. DISGUSTING! She is so sweet and constantly gives kisses and wiggles. Please visit www.adoptaboxerrescue.com for information on this poor, sweet little girl! NO dog should ever have to endure this type of torture. This is why you NEVER chain out a dog. This dog was found as a stray, roaming around in total pain....but remains a complete ANGEL! Adopt A Boxer Rescue is in DESPERATE need for donations to help save this baby's life! Please, any amount will help! Please send donations to: Adopt A Boxer Rescue PO BOX 423 Harrison, NY 10528 Or visit www.adoptaboxerrescue.com to use paypal!If you are interested in adopting this dog, please go to our website (www.AdoptABoxerRescue.com) and fill out an online application first. Then e-mail the contacts below. Be sure to include your full name, city, state, and area code in the subject line of your message. Thank You.

TeriM
November 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
That is heart breaking. Why oh Why do these people get pets!!!

meb999
November 9th, 2006, 09:13 PM
I almost fainted when I saw her picture....:sad:

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I think for once I'm happy that my computer can't open up the second window all the time--I already feel so sorry for that poor girl even without seeing her! :sad: I hope she recovers quickly--she sounds like such a little love...

brandynva
November 9th, 2006, 09:59 PM
How sad! I've seen this on Animal Precinct and am constantly checking my dogs and cats collars. I hope this girl finds a great home. She looks sweet.:sad:

Prin
November 9th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Poor doggy. I'm glad my chained doggy looks like this (like EVERY chained doggy should look like):
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20and%20Boo%20Aug%20Sep%20Oct%202006/IMG_3575.jpg
He's out there because it's sunny, warm and because he wants to be. And he's out there no longer than an hour, and he's checked on literally every 5 minutes. That should be the extent to which a dog should be allowed to be chained, IMO.

technodoll
November 9th, 2006, 10:11 PM
this site has been a HUGE eye-opener to me... http://www.unchainyourdog.org/FactsPhotos.htm makes you wonder who are the "animals" :sad:

WARNING: link has graphic photos

rainbow
November 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Poor baby.,,,that is just so sad. :sad:

Technodoll, I can't get your link to open....it says "page cannot be displayed".

Prin
November 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Works for me.. unfortunately... I've seen it before, but it's still horrible.

rainbow
November 10th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Ok...it works now and I've seen it before also. :sad:

cpietra16
November 10th, 2006, 08:36 AM
so sad and even sadder knowing that this dog probably wagged her tail when she saw her owner....such loyalty..how cruel people are:sad:

phoenix
November 10th, 2006, 09:14 AM
oh poor baby. MEB thanks for giving her publicity, maybe someone in that area will be her :angel: That is just shocking.

meb999
November 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
this site has been a HUGE eye-opener to me... http://www.unchainyourdog.org/FactsPhotos.htm makes you wonder who are the "animals" :sad:

WARNING: link has graphic photos

ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod.....:sad:

ByronsMum
November 11th, 2006, 07:20 PM
OMG! OMG!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just showed hubby and he left the room. We can't believe people could do anything like that to their pet!! It would be like doing something like that to your child! :eek: But I guess some (stupid) people don't see their pets as part of the family...but as just an "animal".

~michelle~
November 11th, 2006, 07:30 PM
oh my go..... i fell ill..... how can someone do that i cant understand. i am tearing up right now.

erykah1310
November 14th, 2006, 11:58 PM
How sick, im so happy that this beauty has been rescued.

How the Hell does someone not realize that the dogs collar or chain is tight?? Obviously these people really didnt love that dog, prolly didnt even like it one bit.... why the hell get a pet???

People disgust me!

chico2
November 15th, 2006, 08:08 AM
No need for me to look at pics,just reading about it makes me feel ill:sad:
What I don't understand,why keep a dog if you clearly don't care about him/her:confused:

angeldogs
November 16th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Thats just so sad,terrible.My heart hurts for her.When jag gets chained out it's well we are out smoking.no smoking in house.when we go in jag goes in and the chain is hooked to the collar.

Prin
November 16th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Poor Jag. He's not allowed smoking in the house.:( :D

dogcatharmony
November 16th, 2006, 04:53 PM
i am in tears:sad: geez i cant even find the words to say how sick some people are. :pray: for all the ones who should have a better home.

chico2
November 16th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I did not watch the clip,but I see this kind of thing,time and time again on Animal-Cops,Phoenix Heroes etc...on Animal Planet.
I don't usually watch the whole show,just the last 15 min,where you get to see happy endings,I am the biggest wuzz.

heidiho
November 16th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Holy S*** It Looks Like Someone Tried To Cut Her Head Off,that Is Really Sick And Someone Should Be Shot For Such Heinous Abuseeeeeeee///////

meb999
November 16th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I did not watch the clip

Don't go see the pics Chico. I kinda wish I could get it outa my head....I can't believe anyone would do that to a dog. All you need to know is that she has a very sweet boxer face (kinda like my Buster) :sad:

angeldogs
November 17th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Prin.No Jag is not allowed to smoke.Do they know who the owner is or was.And if so can anything be done about it.As in charges being laid.

igauresh
November 18th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I feel so sad for the dog. I can't believe the owner allowed this happen. From the look on his face, he seems to be very sad. He was so skinny and looked like he has not been eating for a few months. I will never let this happen to my best friend.

Mocha's mum
November 18th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Okay, that's disgusting. I think they should change the animal cruelty laws so that the perpetrator is treated how the animal was treated.

We had a case last month (?) here in southern Alberta where two kids (17 and 19 I think) bound their [U]family[U]pet [U] with duct tape, then proceeded to drag her behind a car by a rope around her neck. When someone finally discovered what had happened, they called a vet and the poor dog was immediately euthanized. I won't get into too much detail, it's horrific. The one kid is supposedly going to jail for something ridiculous like 6 months and facing a few thousand dollar fine. There was a huge protest outside the courthouse. There's a petition started to toughen animal cruelty legislation. My prediction is vigilante justice will prevail, and some hunter will find those kids in a field somewhere in the same state as that poor dog.

Some people should not be allowed to breed, or own a pet. :mad:

chico2
November 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Mocha's mum,we have a thread where we talked about that horrid incident in Alberta,you can read about it under the "Newspaper articles of interest"thread.
We are all hoping these"boys"will get what they deserve,but unfortunately it will probably not happen:sad:

Mocha's mum
November 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Ooops. Sorry Chico2, I haven't read that far yet :o

LynLyn
November 21st, 2006, 03:55 PM
grrrrr......

springermom0406
November 22nd, 2006, 01:02 AM
OMG :mad: That poor baby!!
I've seen necks after embedded collars...but nothing like that...

OntarioGreys
November 22nd, 2006, 10:41 AM
I agree it horrible and the owner should be charged

But it's not about chaining but neglect, people who have no fenced in yard may chain there dog up temporarily while the dog does their business or to keep them from running off while you are outside with, but a proper collar is necessary, and a collar of any kind must be checked for fit especially when the dog is growing, even a regular collar can become embedded in the neck