Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stolen Burmese Mountain Dog

Cathy1
November 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I was asked to post this.

Thor was stolen from his yard in the afternoon on November 7.
If you could spread the word, that would be helpful. Thanks
He is 100 lbs and a little more distinctive as a Berner since
he has more white down past his collar on the top of his head down
into his back.

He was taken from the backyard in the West Hillhurst/Parkdale
area of Calgary. It appears deliberate. He is best known as
the "brother toLoki" - they were inseparable until recently. Any help would be
appreciated.

If you have any information please contact Jillian Swaine
jillianswaine@yahoo.com
403-217-4887

doggy lover
November 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
:evil: It wasn't me! But I could see why someone would steal him he is beautiful. I hope they find him safe and sound good luck.

Maya
November 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM
He's a sweetie, hopefully he gets found soon.:fingerscr

technodoll
November 9th, 2006, 10:19 PM
also.... "burmese mountain dog" is not a breed... it is "bernese" - alot of people seem to get that confused ;)

regardless, what a shame that animals are not safe in their own back yard, thieves have no boundaries nor any conscience and may they all burn in h*ll :mad: Hope this beautiful boy finds his way home and that he is safe from harm...

Cathy1
November 9th, 2006, 11:02 PM
:sorry: It was a spelling mistake on my part.

technodoll
November 9th, 2006, 11:07 PM
ah ok, my mistake then! :sorry:

(i only said it because quite a few people mis-name dog breeds so education is automatic from my part... )

LL1
November 9th, 2006, 11:25 PM
So sad!Hope people learn to not leave dogs unattended in yards,and hope the dog is found soon.

SunGurl372
November 10th, 2006, 12:31 AM
regardless, what a shame that animals are not safe in their own back yard, thieves have no boundaries nor any conscience and may they all burn in h*ll :mad:

Yet another reason I won't leave Harley outside by herself....EVER. Not a world you can trust these days, and I'd rather inconvenience myself than leave her at risk.

Here's hoping this beautiful baby finds his way home!!!! :pray:

Cathy1
November 10th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I leave Jasper & Duke alone in the backyard once in a while but we put locks on our gates because the neighbor thought it would be funny to let them out.

goldengal
November 10th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Thank you Cathy1 for posting this. I belong to the Berner-L and had read about this Berner being taken from his backyard, and emailed Jillian and suggested she post here as there are so many helpful people on this board. My heart breaks for her because I know so many of us who have large fenced in yards think our dogs are safe there. We have a Berner, a Leo and a Golden here so keep a pretty close eye when they are playing in our yard. Keeping fingers and paws crossed.

rainbow
November 11th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Fingers and paws crossed for his safe return. :fingerscr :pawprint: :fingerscr :pawprint:

I also have a large fenced back yard and I leave my siberian husky and lab out there when I have to go into town. I have padlocks on both my gates as a deterrent.

rainbow
November 14th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Any updates on Thor? :fingerscr :fingerscr

Cathy1
November 14th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I haven't heard anything about Thor, but he is microchipped so hopefully he is found and returned home soon. If he was stolen, it's hard to say if he will get returned. Someone must know something out there.

rainbow
November 14th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Thor was stolen from his yard in the afternoon on November 7. He was taken from the backyard in the West Hillhurst/Parkdale
area of Calgary. It appears deliberate.

I haven't heard anything about Thor, but he is microchipped so hopefully he is found and returned home soon. If he was stolen, it's hard to say if he will get returned. Someone must know something out there.

I'm confused. In your first post you said he was stolen and in your second you say "if" he was stolen. Is there some doubt?

Cathy1
November 15th, 2006, 12:13 PM
:sorry: Thor is not my dog. Someone on another website asked to post this in hoping someone knows something. I don't know whether he was stolen or not. I'm just giving the info that I was given.

goldengal
November 16th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I just now read on the Berner List that Thor has been found. The post said his disappearance will probably remain a mystery, but they are just glad he has been found. What a happy ending.

Tara2221
November 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM
What is the Berner List ??? It would be so nice to read when a pup has been returned home :thumbs up

jesse's mommy
November 19th, 2006, 04:48 PM
What is the Berner List ??? It would be so nice to read when a pup has been returned home :thumbs up

Huh? goldengal posted the update that he was found. :confused:

cpietra16
November 19th, 2006, 05:18 PM
whatever the list is..I'm glad he's been found:thumbs up

rainbow
November 26th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I'm so happy to hear that Thor was found and is now safe at home. :highfive:

Jillian Swaine
December 7th, 2006, 11:35 PM
I just wanted to let you know officially that my Berner was RETURNED to my backyard! He had been away for 10 days. He was obviously fed and taken care of very well.

I had only put him outside in the backyard for 1 hour and he was taken. I would like to thank everyone on every listserv, the Calgary Herald for publishing his stolen article, all vets and pet stores that posted his picture and the Calgary Berner Walk listserv. Everyone was incredibly supportive.

I am convinced that all the publicity helped to have Thor returned.

Jillian Swaine (and Thor)