Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Prestige - 2006

marko
November 9th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Two rival magicians (Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale) in the late 1890's in London, England are obsessed by each other's magic and their secrets.

This movie is full of suspense, and has some good twists and turns along the way. The acting, cinamatography and screenplay are all top notch in this very engaging film whose themes would center around obsession, rivalry, jealousy and revenge.

I give it an 8/10

jawert1
November 9th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Actually marko, I'll raise you a point there and say 9/10, if for no other reason than it was probably the most intelligent movie out this year. I mean, it didn't throw any ludicrous twists or plot elements in, and it even included some awesome science for the nerd crowd like me - I adore Tesla and thought the gent playing him was perfect for the role ;) From a moral standpoint, it posed some interesting, yet not overbearing questions. :pawprint: :pawprint: up from me

marko
November 9th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Hey another one we like together Jawert1 - cool!

I gave it an 8 and not a 9 because although the acting was GREAT from Christian Bale and Angier's wife (don't recall her name) I found it only OK from Hugh Jackman, only 'good' from Michael Caine and I found Scarlett Johansson's role and performance to be lacking.

There's quite a few movies out now that I want to see and I'll report here as soon as I see them.

Glad we agree though - an 8 is still very good.

jawert1
November 9th, 2006, 02:22 PM
That would be Piper Perabo, of "Coyote Ugly" fame :)