Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jingly bling

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Ok...the jingle-jangle of Byron's bling is driving me up a wall!!!!! :yell:

Ideas on how to minimize the jingling without taking away any of the important info?

He currently has the following:
1. Name and phone number tag
2. VetInsurance tag
3. Town hall registry tag
4. Rabies tag

I saw a collar today where the company had stitched the pet's name and phone number...but other ideas?

MyBirdIsEvil
November 7th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Sounds like the beginning of a rap song.

MyBirdIsEvil
November 7th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I just take my dogs' collars off in the house.

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 10:16 PM
I just take my dogs' collars off in the house.

Yeah. I do that most of the time too cus it just grates on the nerves....but for convenience (and laziness') sake....I'd like to minimize it. :p

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 10:19 PM
How about a velcro strappy thing to tie them all together? Maybe?

mafiaprincess
November 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Petsmart has rubber edges for tags like the ones sort of for key rings. Not sure how well they work though.

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 10:22 PM
How about a velcro strappy thing to tie them all together? Maybe?

That was hubby's suggestion. Great minds think alike! :thumbs up

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Great minds or Ploppy-picker-uppers? :D

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Petsmart has rubber edges for tags like the ones sort of for key rings. Not sure how well they work though.

They work for keys, they should work for dog tags!!!

...However, he has a couple odd shaped ones....will check out the local PetValu and see if they have anything..

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Great minds or Ploppy-picker-uppers? :D

Ploppy-picker-upping-minds.. :crazy:

SunGurl372
November 7th, 2006, 10:26 PM
My pop used to use double-stick tape to tape tags together. So they're all still there, and readable (you'd have to finagle this with four tags, of course).

As for Harley, she's completely nekkid in the house. Has a horrible habit of shaking herself to death when she first gets up in the morning that just drove me crazy. Took awhile to get used to the lack of noise after several months of listening to her jingle-jangling all over the house....but oh! the blessed silence now! :crazy:

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 10:30 PM
My pop used to use double-stick tape to tape tags together. So they're all still there, and readable (you'd have to finagle this with four tags, of course).

And that is the problem we are running into...some of the more important tags (like his town hall reg tag) are starting to rub off....

If I could only get ALL his information onto 1 or 2 tags....they would have to be mondo-giant tags though!! LOL!! SUPER BLING!!

SunGurl372
November 7th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Well, at least he'd be the coolest dawg in town!! :D

hazelrunpack
November 7th, 2006, 10:56 PM
We had trouble with all the bling getting between the decking and effectively tying the dog's head to the deck... Used to scare the crap out of the poor darlings. So we got the slide on ID tags that slip on the collar and leave the license and rabies tags off. It's not entirely legal, but we can always produce them if someone asks, and it beats losing them under the deck every few weeks!

TeriM
November 7th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I use the plastic things from Pet Smart (I think?). They come in lots of shapes and work pretty well.

Hazel, your poor puppies, that must have been very traumatic for them.:(

I also use those slide on tags when we go camping and put the vehicle type / license and extra phone numbers on them.

hazelrunpack
November 7th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Hazel, your poor puppies, that must have been very traumatic for them.:(

I also use those slide on tags when we go camping and put the vehicle type / license and extra phone numbers on them.

Our labrador was a champion escaper--he'd just pull and the whole S-hook would give out. We lost a couple of tags that way with him and our first setter before finally learning (we're a little slow sometimes:D ). We finally just switched to our current method of tag management...so our current 6-Pack hasn't had the trauma of being intimate with the decking. ;)

OntarioGreys
November 8th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Funny I have gotten to enjoy the tags, with 4 dogs at night I can tell who is wandering around by just the sound of the jingling or if one is goofing around in another room I know who it is

jessi76
November 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM

I use those on Tucker's tags, they work great.

mafiaprincess
November 8th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Jessi, do they work even when they do the 'full body shake out' to minimize noise?

Cider has 3 tags.. not sure I can find a shape to fit one or two of them.

jessi76
November 8th, 2006, 10:51 AM
well, tucker has 3 tags too, and doesn't drive me nuts anymore w/ the jingling, so I think they work, but Tucker doesn't do the full body shake all the often. his tags aren't odd shapes either. I don't think they've very expensive, so not a big loss if they don't work, or you could return them if they don't fit right.

mummummum
November 12th, 2006, 12:23 AM
What about a small luggage tag and slip them all inside with a card "ID Inside" showing through the window?