Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

9 weeks beagle..

2beagleboys
November 7th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Hey all.. heres a couple of pics of Jack and Parker

SunGurl372
November 7th, 2006, 10:34 PM
How cute is that second pic???? Almost makes you forget how you're probably pulling your hair out trying to handle two little demons at the same time!

Big :thumbs up to you! Lots of work, but oh, so rewarding in the long run!!!

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 10:42 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW!!! Look at the punums!!! They are soooo cute!!

Welcome to the forum! :D

More pikkies please!

100%doglover
November 7th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Awwwwwwwww, they should be illegal they're so cute :D

TeriM
November 8th, 2006, 12:01 AM
So sweet, bet they are big trouble when they are awake :D
Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Prin
November 8th, 2006, 01:15 AM
So cute!! :cloud9:

rainbow
November 8th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Awww....they are adorable. :cloud9: And, are you ever going to have your hands full. :D

mona_b
November 8th, 2006, 09:21 AM
OMG...What a couple of cutie patooties.........:cloud9:

You are in for a treat raising two puppies.LOL

I raised 2-12 week old GSD's...Hope you have alot of time and patience.....:D

More pics please.

2beagleboys
November 8th, 2006, 09:25 AM
:rolleyes: ...yah I know...:eek: ..they have been very good though...they get going in the house 1/2 hr or so when we get back from a walk..they still have energy to burn.. they get 3 walks morning,noon and night..and out in between.
My b/f and I watch them 200% Jack is the more dominating one..He will take all the toys from the toybox and hide them under the kitchen table and, then it seems like he trys to encourage Parker to "Come-n-get-em" but then doesnt let him have them. It funny to watch and Parker can always get a few.
they have thier favorites already and if seen with the others look out..:eek: ..there are lots of toys ,and I will be putting some away to bring out different ones in a few weeks. to give them a change..
We have had them not even a week,and the training is phenomenal so far..last night we had no accidents #1 or #2 .Ony one night they pooped and pee,sometimes ther is little pee on the 2 mats i have by the door. We make sure they have gone before bed,and like Ive said the food we feed does wonders I think.
they are the cutest of the pups..:love:

Hunter's_owner
November 8th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Jack is the more dominating one..He will take all the toys from the toybox and hide them under the kitchen table and, then it seems like he trys to encourage Parker to "Come-n-get-em" but then doesnt let him have them. It funny to watch and Parker can always get a few.
love:

I have a 3 year old beagle and boy is she stubborn ;) But she is cute, so she makes up for it. I love the pics of your puppies, please post more as they grow up, so I can see a beagle grow into their ears again (or not really). I love their ears :cloud9:

I have a lab too, and your description of Jack hiding the toys from Parker and encouraging Parker to come and get em, sounds exactly like my beagle (Cassie) hiding the toys from Hunter (the lab) and teasing him with them. Soo funny:D

2beagleboys
November 8th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Heres the indoor doghouse we built for them ( no we dont crate them) I believe that leads to more problems, Separation anxiety and UIT infections, to name a couple.
We built it from drop cieling panels(we are redoing the basement) and 2x2 as a frame. Its good and solid and it only cost 10$ for the paint..;)

SnowDancer
November 8th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Very nice doghouse! You will probably by hiding it in with an air mattress when pups take over the bed! I well remember our Beagle, many years ago, snoring softly on his back, between us in the bed, duvet pulled up to his chin.

angeldogs
November 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Very Very Cute puppies.they look like :angel:

Hunter's_owner
November 9th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Very Very Cute puppies.they look like :angel:

hee hee, they may look like angels, but if they are anything like Cassie, looks may be deceiving:eek:

Just kidding,;) their sad puppy eyes and floppy ears make everything all better:D

2beagleboys
November 9th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Heres some more pictures... we have them sitting now, for treats and when we put our leash on,before we go out the door and for food. Food one is tough but coming along well, we only make them sit for a second..
Cant believe how much they have grown in just the week..
The toughest part on training the Beagle is getting them to walk without the nose down... should get better when they age a bit..:fingerscr

Rick C
November 9th, 2006, 09:05 AM
There's no such thing as an ugly puppy . . . . . and Beagle puppies are among the cutest of them all.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Hunter's_owner
November 9th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Cant believe how much they have grown in just the week..
The toughest part on training the Beagle is getting them to walk without the nose down... should get better when they age a bit..:fingerscr

If you can figure out a way to do this please let me know:D
It is very hard for a beagle not to keep their nose down all the time. My father refers to her as the vacuum, lol
Cassie actually got worse with doing this as she got older...

meb999
November 9th, 2006, 08:22 PM
They are way too cute for words!!

Oh! and crate-training a dog doesn't lead to seperation anxiety...quite the opposite...but that's a whole other thread!!

2beagleboys
November 10th, 2006, 07:20 AM
..hmmmm Yes being that the pup/dogs in my home would only be in there for a few hrs.. but Id have to say a pup/dog in a crate for such a long time would lead to that..cause nobody is there..read one thread( other site ) someone had been gone for 10 HRS...ABSOLUTLY NUTS and they wondered why the dog excessivley chewed out and peed and pooped in there...Hmmmmm..:frustrated: and barked etc... :eek:

chico2
November 10th, 2006, 07:37 AM
They are adorable!!
As for the nose to the ground,Bailey(Cocker about 7yrs old)ALWAYS walks with her nose to the ground and always has:D

brandynva
November 10th, 2006, 11:05 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW!!! Look at the punums!!! They are soooo cute!!

Welcome to the forum! :D

More pikkies please!

Ok, this might be a really stupid question, but what is a punum?

What cute puppies! I LOVE puppies. They get me in trouble.

erykah1310
November 14th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Love them! :cloud9:
Those big floppy ears are what get me. Oh hounds are the sweetest pups.
I would prolly never get a hound... nothing personal but just not my "group of choice"
However those cute little faces and big droopy ears just melt my heart.

:cloud9: