Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do your pets have all about me/ brag books?

mafiaprincess
November 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I'm putting the humpty dumpty thread back together. If you feel the need to grow an attitude, kindly point it at someone else's thread, thanks. I thought it was cute, if you don't no need to comment.

On a really awesome dane breeder site, they had 'all about me' books. Thought it was a fabulous idea.. But never made one.. started Cider's tonight because we are going to NY on Friday and didn't want to fumble with paperwork at the border..

So it's awards, vaccs, tag info, pictures, mile stones, certificates for completing classes..

It's so cool.. Especially now that it's fairly complete

Anyone have anything similar?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/IMG_0332.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/IMG_0333.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/IMG_0335.jpg

jiorji
November 7th, 2006, 09:43 PM
so when they ask you for papers at the border you're just going to say "check her website???" lol

edit...or wait...is it a website or an actuall written book??

OntarioGreys
November 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I do have one for Sunny It includes his racing certificate, my adoption papers, all his racing records, written articles about him and his littermates in the Hinsdale News, about his potential candidate selection to be enter into the :Night of Stars race. photos from parades, and other events to help promote adoption, from a custom contest, and a photo centest he won , newspapers clippings. This one is from the Toronto Beaches newspaper with Callie and Sunny in the fore front we had been doing an event to celebrate the first annual Greyhound Planet Day which was a tribute to all the other greyhounds around the world who had been euthanized without ever having a chance to be adopted and have a home
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/b34284fba91677c1e0317c499d76db18.jpg

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Umm.. no, I don't have one, but I do have a book for the first year I was with my man, and Jemma and Boo are both in it.:o

wdawson
November 7th, 2006, 10:10 PM
i have one.......
the vet info is on the fridge
the pics are on the computer
don't have to worry about awards.........unless stealing my dinner qualifies for one....then he gets gold:D

jiorji
November 7th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Umm.. no, I don't have one, but I do have a book for the first year I was with my man, and Jemma and Boo are both in it.:o

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :cloud9: cheese! lol j/k it's cute ;)

i usually keep all my vet stuff in this envelope. My kitties haven't won any awards except for wolrd's cutest cats :cloud9: and they're tied and world's softest cats too

Frenchy
November 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM

Exactly what I tought. :D Really ? You Prin ? :p Sorry about the :offtopic:

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 10:22 PM

i usually keep all my vet stuff in this envelope. My kitties haven't won any awards except for wolrd's cutest cats :cloud9: and they're tied and world's softest cats too
They're tied with Chico's cats? :D And wdawson's kitties, and TeriM's kitty, and Stacer's kitties, and...... :D

wdawson
November 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM
lol......prin

Frenchy
November 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Mafia you're so organize it's scary ! I'm ashame to say ... the dogs papers are all over the place here :(

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Exactly what I tought. :D Really ? You Prin ? :p Sorry about the :offtopic:

No comment. :o

mafiaprincess
November 7th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Only got this organized tonight. The brag book was today's fun thing to do lol.

coppperbelle
November 8th, 2006, 06:49 AM
It is a nice idea but I don't think I would present it at the border if they ask for proof of vaccinations. If indeed they do ask for proof they just want to see up to date vaccination records that's all. They may get annoyed if you give them a book.
I cross into New York every week and am rarely asked but when I am all I give them is a piece of paper from my vet.

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Mighty cute Prin. Guess I never cared enough about the exs. Didn't go photo happy like I do with Cider, haha.

I had the vet stuff in an envelope. Kept fumbling to find stuff.. So the current info is in here. Old stuff filed in that envelope in my dog drawers.

We have huge files in the cabinet for the vet stuff (hey, we've been putting all 4 vets' kids through college and vet school with all the business we give them). No awards...we don't show or field trial...but our babies are #1 in our book! No brag book, but to give you an idea of how much I can relate to the "photo happy" comment: I have 13 photo albums. 2 of those are for family. That leaves 11 for.... :o They are, of course, full or nearly so--I have to go looking for #14 any day now. :D

mafiaprincess
November 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Alrighty, thought it was a nice idea but apparently I can't post without being jumped on. Nevermind then.

Melinda
November 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I think it's a wonderful idea, I have an album with Brina's OB certificates, pictures, and all papers from the vet go into a special envelope in the album, in fact,it sits on the shelf with my non fur babies albums, latest to go into it was an ad from the paper advertising a daycare commercial she was asked to be in. Your's is just great MafiaPrincess.:thumbs up

Prin
November 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Alrighty, thought it was a nice idea but apparently I can't post without being jumped on. Nevermind then.

lol nobody's jumping. Well, I am, but that's because "Jump around" is on the radio.:D
Jump up! jump up! jump DOWN!

Frenchy
November 8th, 2006, 09:12 PM
lol nobody's jumping. Well, I am, but that's because "Jump around" is on the radio.:D

:offtopic: I have the cd in my car :p Mafia,nobody's jumping, your book is very cute (and organize) it fits with Cider :cloud9:

FelineFatale
November 8th, 2006, 11:15 PM

lol nobody's jumping. Well, I am, but that's because "Jump around" is on the radio.

talking about cheese :thumbs up

I have these for my cats for no reason in particuler

mafiaprincess
November 9th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Jump around? Eww Prin's all ghetto and stuck in the 90s :D

I wanna go scrapbook supply shopping for more fun stuff.. Not that I've ever scrapbooked.

Prin
November 9th, 2006, 01:43 AM
90s ROCKED! :highfive: I can't wait till I'm in the target market and they come ROARING back! Bring on the skater pants, grunge music and frumpy hair! :highfive:

lol don't deny it. You've scrapbooked for YEARS! Isn't it in your profile? :D

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I wanna go scrapbook supply shopping for more fun stuff.. Not that I've ever scrapbooked.

One of my finest friends is a scrapbooker--sometimes I go with her. I get overwhelmed with all the choices. She picks something here, grabs something there, goes home and creates masterpieces. :cloud9: After careful thought and planning, I get my stuff home, lay it out on the table and think "what was I thinking--none of this ***** goes together?!" and I toss it in my scrapbooking box to give to my friend... :frustrated:

I guess I'm just not creative enough!

So I take pictures and put them in albums...after I've scanned most of them into my computer, of course. I have the greatest screensaver--hundreds of photos of the dogs flashing by one every few seconds. Sometimes I sit here and just watch it roll...

mafiaprincess
November 9th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Well I hit up a dollarstore.. 9 awesome fun things for scrapbooking for 10 bucks.. and I got a fun memory box.. I'm currently decorating it to give to my friend when we meet tomorrow.

Awww. You and your friend should get together.. and have her help you create a few pages.. might spark your creativity.

Oh yeah, that's right Prin, you had to go tell everyone I'm the scrapbook queen. Now I'm going to get all these random PMs asking me to scrapbook for their dogs. Tear. :p

Hunter's_owner
November 9th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Well I bought a scrap book last year hoping to get one started for Hunter and Cassie. But it is still sitting on my desk waiting for my creativity to begin:rolleyes:
So yeah Mafiaprincess, if you have any ideas, I'm all ears ;)

jessi76
November 9th, 2006, 02:52 PM
we have a "brag wall" at our house. (we frame & hang) currently has a photo of Nala & a copy of her big win check ($2,500), and then we have Tucker's certificates - from his OB levels, and his fancy CGC certif.

other stuff like vet records, adoption papers, etc, are kept in our regular filing cabinet.

Prin
November 9th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Hey MP, how do you print your digipics? They look good.:)

mafiaprincess
November 9th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I know people with brag walls.. But we haven't won anything fun enough to display :o

Well I made a photobox sort of scrapbook style.. I'm not sure if it'll be cute or ghetto for the girl I made it for with her dogs on the lid..

Like 8ish year old hp deskjet and hp glossy photopaper.. Hadn't printed anything pic wise off in years.. anything I've printed in past was stuff I found on the net. Forgot I still had my original pack of photo paper :p

mafiaprincess
November 9th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Ghetto? It's my first attempt...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/Cider%20randomness/IMG_0336.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Mafia_Princess/Cider%20randomness/IMG_0338.jpg

Prin
November 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Did you make that as a gift for JECM? (looks like Joey the cocker on there..:D)

mafiaprincess
November 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Riley kinda does look like Joey eh.. Think it's the ESS being split from cockers..

That and I turned the pic from colour into chalk and charcoal to make it unique.. so it smudged the lines and stuff.

doggy lover
November 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I made a book for my kids when we had Travis pts, it contained pics from his babyhood to the last few days he was with us. I took a couple of the kids with him for them to keep in a frame too. With Tucker I started a book when we got him but then I got my digi cam and now most of his pics are on cd or the computer.

mummummum
November 12th, 2006, 01:16 AM
I made a beautiful memory book about Tai, my best grrrl. Ten years since she's been gone and it still makes me laugh and cry in all the right ways. I think it's a great idea mafiaprincess. There's a fantastic Japanese paper store on Queen West if you ever get into the Big Smoke and come to think of it there's a nifty scrapbooking store on Queen East just short of Global Ryan's in the Beach(es). Good for you! I finally got around to having some photo's framed I've had laying about for the last two years, that's how unorganized I am when it comes to pix.