Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

animal precinct

wdawson
November 7th, 2006, 08:16 PM
i'm watching animal planet's , animal precinct........it's so sick how people treat these animals......i hate these shows.....but am addicted...:confused:

Frenchy
November 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Clara, the rottweiler I tried to adopt was on it but I didn't see the episode,don't have that channel anymore. I did hate it too but still watched it. They have nice story endings (usually)

wdawson
November 7th, 2006, 08:34 PM
yea some nice endings...........the best endings are when the owners are cuffed and taken away....:evil:

erykah1310
November 7th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Im addicted to the show. It sickens me to no end, really is strange how I watch it so much

Even when the owners are cuffed, it doesnt seem like much of a fine or anything, more or less a slap on the wrist!

Boubou
November 7th, 2006, 10:33 PM
I'm amazed how much power the ASPCA inspectors have over there. Tonite they were pressing charges on a woman who owned a rabbit and neglected to have it's broken toe taken care of! Can you imagine someone getting in trouble with the law here for neglecting a rabbit?? They would have a field day over here in Quebec with all the idiots who get away with everything because we have no laws to reinforce anything! Those inspectors are great......I'd do anything to have a job like that (with the gun of course!!)......:thumbs up

100%doglover
November 7th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I'd do anything to have a job like that (with the gun of course!!)......:thumbs up

I don't know if I could handle it :mad: Day in day out, seeing how people neglect these poor animals, I don't think I'd be able to remain civil..... And I really would be upset by the fact that the punishments wouldn't be more harsh.

Can't stop watching the show either though!

Mahealani770
November 8th, 2006, 10:06 AM
This is the show that inspired me to want to become a Humane Law Officer. I researched the internet for days and hours all night long to find out how to become an HLO here in Atlanta. I cried and cried when I found out that they don't have those here. I would LOVE to go out and investigate animal cruelty complaints. I think the closest thing here is a "dog catcher", so that's not really what I had in mind. :sad:

Golden Girls
November 8th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I especially like ASP Annemarie Lucas - don't know how they handle investigating animal cruelty 24/7 - so glad they do though :angel:
I'm amazed how much power the ASPCA inspectors have over there. Tonite they were pressing charges on a woman who owned a rabbit and neglected to have it's broken toe taken care of! Can you imagine someone getting in trouble with the law here for neglecting a rabbit?? They would have a field day over here in Quebec with all the idiots who get away with everything because we have no laws to reinforce anything! Those inspectors are great......I'd do anything to have a job like that (with the gun of course!!)......:thumbs upYou got that right :rolleyes: I can't watch this show but it's wonderful knowing that somewhere out there it's even illegal to hurt a rabbit. I could never be a HLE, I'm imagining me with a license to a gun :evil: