Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat with possible triad disease....

Sweetgrass
November 7th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Hello, my 13 year old, diet controlled diabetic puss, Abby...may have what is known as triad syndrome. I am just learning about this...we got home from the vet and are waiting for some blood results....

She has had this weird inflamation of her pancreas and area, about once every 16 months , most of her life.....a ton of different tests and guesses and nothing conclusive....it has always disappeared with antibiotics...

It seems to have come back and I am now getting a name to what this may be...the vet suspects triad syndrome......eeeekkkkk

any info and experience would be welcome...

I'll update when I hear from the vet...thanks, Kimmee

Sweetgrass
November 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM
so...vet agrees this is what we have brought on by pancreatitis.....

we have 2 weeks of novamoxin and a whole bunch of reading to do.....

any thoughts welcome...Kimmee

vfrohloff
November 8th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry your kitty is sick. I've never heard of triad disease, what is it exactly? Is it related to, or the cause of pancreatitis?

Sweetgrass
November 8th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Yes...it seems to a general term for inflamation of liver, pancreas and kidneys as a result of bacteria traveling back up through the duodinum....eeekkkk I could have pieces of that wrong.
Specifically, pancreas is the root and the triad is a reaction to that flare up, I believe...

Abby is still not very interested in food...I have given her a 1/4 tab of pepcid ac and her 2nd antibiotic dose.....hopeful she will perk up.....

She is eating barely enough, although she is more interested in it today, than yesterday....ever hopeful.......She will eat off my finger...

Any info and experience with pancreatitis etc, welcome....

Kimmee