Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Suggestions for Kitten Food

Daizy
November 7th, 2006, 10:59 AM
When I first got my kitten I gave her Paul Newman organics and then my vet suggested the Medical kitten food. She is almost done with that ... so my question is should I stick with the Medical, go back to the Paul Newman or does anyone have any good suggestions for my kitty? :cat:

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I don't have cats, but from reading ingredient lists, I like Felidae the best, and DVP Natural Balance second.

http://www.canidae.com/
http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/catformulas/home.html

Oh and Innova is good too:
http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=inn-home

Daizy
November 7th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks Prin, I'll check the links out -- this is my first cat so its all new to me :pawprint:

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Felidae, IMO, is the best out there based on their ingredients (they make dry and canned). Both our cats are on Felidae and they are doing very well!!

Does your vet sell MediCal?? :o Most vets will recommend the brand they sell at their office.

If you are going to switch, remember to do it gradually.
Good luck!! :D

Scott_B
November 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM
My top 3 choices would be:

1. Raw
2. Evo
3. Felidae

:thumbs up

Daizy
November 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Yes my vet does sell Medical!!! And I'm an easy pushover for sales talk too. I'll try the Felidae I think and see how she likes that and if not I can try the others - thank for your help, I appreciate it and I'm sure my kitty does too.:)

~michelle~
November 7th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I have been feeding my cats Innova for the past few months. Maggie was a stray when i found her her fur was horrible, and dandruffy and she was sooo skinny, now she has a smooth and shiny coat and is a wonderful weight, and Moe I was feeding grocery store crap (i didnt know how bad it was until a year ago when i really looked into it, when i switched him to Innova, his fur became soooo soft, he is like the softest cashmere ever:) he gets compliments constantly..... Im sure what everone else has recommended is wonderful :) and better than the medical stuff, but I just thought I'd let you know my experience with a holistic brand food.

~michelle~
November 7th, 2006, 02:44 PM
oh and good luck and please post some photos

vfrohloff
November 8th, 2006, 08:20 AM
My cats are on Felidae dry and Innova Evo canned and they're doing great on it. I tried them on the Felidae canned and they wouldn't eat it, but they love the dry stuff. They freak over the Evo canned too, when it's dinner time they won't leave me alone until I feed them!

Daizy
November 8th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the advice, I'll try the Innova too. I feed a her canned morning & night and free feed her dry as apparently cats like to eat small and often. I'll post some pictures too. She is so adorable - very sleek & beautiful too - I can now understand why people have cats!

Daizy
November 8th, 2006, 10:44 AM
When I first got her and now at 16 weeks old.

Prin
November 8th, 2006, 01:10 PM
She's adorable! :cloud9:

Scott_B
November 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Shes very sweet looking! I miss my black cat :(

rainbow
November 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
What a cutie....such shiny black fur. :cloud9: