Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Marking Dog

tracy_teer
November 7th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I have 3 yr old female pek and a 1 1/2 male peke. I cannot get him to stop marking in the house he is not fixed. Someone told me that even if I fix him now he will continue to mark? I hate to keep him in his cage but I cant stand it hes wrecking my furniture and carpet. I'm very stern with him when I catch him and put him outside. He knows what he is doing when he is scolded and he actually seems sorry but continues. Any advice would be appreciated I'm ready to give him away!!!!
Tracy

jawert1
November 7th, 2006, 10:05 AM
You need to get him neutered ASAP, and her spayed if she is not. He will continue to mark if he smells her as long as they're both not sterilised. Once the biological stimuli is removed, you can work on the training aspect. Please also make sure that he doesn't have an infection going on or bladder crystals that make urination a frequent and painful event for the dog.

Hunter's_owner
November 7th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Yes I agree. Neutering and spaying is the first step. And it is a good idea to check for a bladder infection, etc.
After neutering and spaying some training will be needed, but it should get better:fingerscr

tracy_teer
November 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM
She is fixed. So I've put off getting him done. But will do that. I have had him checked for infection and nothing was found. Thanks for the advice.

jawert1
November 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Awesome that he's healthy otherwise, neutering will help with the rest. Feel free to post pictures :)