Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Clumsy Dog!

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Man, Jesse is so clumsy! She had a case of the zoomies tonight and ran smack into the corner of a wall and basically "scalped" herself. No blood and she has no idea that she did it, but she definitely did it and I found the hair on the corner. It was kind of gross because it wasn't individual hairs yanked out, but the skin with the hairs on it. I put some polysporin on it, just in case, but there is no cut and she has no concept anything even happened.

Frenchy
November 6th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Poor Jesse :sad: Is she feeling alright ?

we3beagles
November 6th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Poor Baby!!! It is amazing the knocks they take and keep on trucking. I hope she's alright?:eek:

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2006, 08:51 PM
She's completely fine. She has no concept she even hit the wall. She played right through the "accident" and has tried to continue the play even though we've told her she needs to rest tonight. :rolleyes:

mummummum
November 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Oh my gracious! Jesse you're hazard lookin' for a place to happen! I hope she's okay...her pupils are normal? I'd be a little worried about a concussion ~ though given how hard-headed pitties are, maybe not. Poor wee noggin'.

Prin
November 6th, 2006, 09:33 PM
lol Jemma has done that before. Nutty babies, eh? Who says they know what's good for them? :shrug:

Hope it heals up nicely (and the fur grows back :evil: ).

rainbow
November 6th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Awwww....poor Jesse. :grouphug: I guess it happened so fast she didn't know what hit her. Hope she recovers well. :fingerscr

jesse's mommy
November 7th, 2006, 04:01 AM
She was just fine last night. No problems, nothing. She's now snuggled up next to me like she does every morning. I've got to get her back to bed with Daddy now. It's amazing, she didn't even yelp or do anything -- just kept running. :rolleyes:

rainbow
November 7th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Glad she's okay. :)

Hunter's_owner
November 7th, 2006, 06:34 AM
It really is funny (or scary:confused: ) how hard they can hit their head and keep running. Hunter banged his head off the bottom of the table so hard the other day when him and Cassie were playing that the table actually rose:eek: , I thouhgt for sure he had something cut, but he kept right on zooming:rolleyes:
So yeah they are really tough...until you do seomthing that they don't want you to do (like clip toenails, put ear drops in, etc:frustrated: )lol

jessi76
November 7th, 2006, 07:53 AM
oh my goodness... poor Jesse! maybe Santa should bring her a helmet this year for xmas... ;-)

glad to hear she's ok!

HunterXHunter
November 7th, 2006, 07:54 AM
So yeah they are really tough...until you do seomthing that they don't want you to do (like clip toenails, put ear drops in, etc:frustrated: )lol

HAHA sooo true :D My Hunter's a wuss when it comes to nail clipping, getting ear drops, and baths hehe

I think fun and excitement is a great pain killer for them or something. A couple of weeks ago, I tried to beat Hunter up the stairs by catching him off guard and getting a huge head start. While trying to scramble up the stairs too quickly, he slipped and rolled down around 6 or 7 steps :eek: I quickly rushed down to see if he was ok and he quickly got up, ran to the top of the stairs and then looked back at me with a face that said "sucker!" :frustrated:

Hunter's_owner
November 7th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Yes I know what you mean, lol.

When my bf's parent visit, Hunter races to the door as if his life depended on it. I think he tries to tell them that we are abusive or something :( , he knows where he gets the best treats:rolleyes:
So yeah, the other day he was running up the stairs from the rec room because he heard them coming and tripped, and limped, so my bf went up to him thinking he was hurt, and the "grandparents" came in with some treats and made it all better:frustrated: . So yeah a knock in the head big enough to remove the fur is nothing, but when they need some loving look out, they are sooo hurt:p

ByronsMum
November 7th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Aww...JM, I'm really sorry about what happened to Jesse, but...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok..ok...I really DO hope that his fur grows back! :D Byron gets mega-zoomies all the time and knocks his head on doors, tables, chairs, pretty much ANYTHING made of wood (and of course, keeps on going without losing a beat!) ....I honestly think it is a miracle the dog isn't brain-damaged!!! :eek:

On the same token, it is nice to know that sometimes they really like to self-entertain!

Good luck with your little walking-accident-waiting-to-happen and give him kissies from Byron and me! :dog: :dog:

Frenchy
November 7th, 2006, 11:39 AM
he quickly got up, ran to the top of the stairs and then looked back at me with a face that said "sucker!" :frustrated:

Oh yes, I know this face ! :D

OntarioGreys
November 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I am glad to see I am not the only one tending injuries due to a wild doggie in the house, based on size and shape that boo-boo should heal nicely and may not even be noticable in a couple of months

THe last 3 weeks the colder weather has brought the crazies out in Maya, the first week she scalped up her leg taking a a wipeout over cement and scraped the skin off 3 sides of the leg and a toe, a week later sprained a leg in another wipe out, this week punctured her foot running through the shrubs

wdawson
November 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM
poor jesse.........i think treats in that flowery yard are in order:D

SunGurl372
November 7th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Send Jesse kisses from Harley and me....

BTW...Harley asks me daily when the heck is she going to see Jesse??? Jeezum...she's just in Orlando...not like the rest of the gang in Canada!!!

cpietra16
November 7th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Poor baby....she'll have one hell of a head ache in the morning:D