Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New pictures of my boy

greaterdane
November 6th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Adonis has made it to Beckley WV and is awaiting transport further.

His foster mommy there took these pictures for me. He looks great :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/Adonis003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/Adonis004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/Adonis006-1.jpg

And him on the ride from KY to WV

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/AdonisCar.jpg

jiorji
November 6th, 2006, 02:17 AM
look at his pink nose!!!:cloud9:

greaterdane
November 6th, 2006, 02:21 AM
look at his pink nose!!!:cloud9:

LOL I know..I cant wait to give him a big ol kiss on it :cloud9: :p

TeriM
November 6th, 2006, 02:28 AM
He looks so regal. Adonis is a very fitting name.

greaterdane
November 6th, 2006, 08:08 AM

Thank you. We changed his name to Adonis and he is just getting used to it. We thought it fit him to a T. :)

hazelrunpack
November 6th, 2006, 08:57 AM
He's looking so good, greaterdane--healed up very nicely! What a lovely boy!:cloud9:

jessi76
November 6th, 2006, 09:08 AM
wow! Adonis is stunning!

technodoll
November 6th, 2006, 09:22 AM
GD, he is indeed stunning - rare are the "nice" white dobes! you got lucky :angel:

jiorji
November 6th, 2006, 10:34 AM

yes especially in the 3rd pic. Not so much in the first one ;) He looks goofy there hehe

Frenchy
November 6th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Look at the first pic closely ; I wish I was already at greaterdane's place , I wish I was already at greaterdane's place.....

Hunter's_owner
November 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Wow!! He sure is beautiful.
I think his name suits him perfectly:thumbs up

~michelle~
November 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
hes a handsome one :cloud9: all the girls will think hes soooo dreamy :cloud9:

greaterdane
November 6th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Look at the first pic closely ; I wish I was already at greaterdane's place , I wish I was already at greaterdane's place.....

BWAHAHA. If all goes well, he will be here Sunday! Even if it means I sleep in my car lol.

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM
He's absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see more pictures.

erykah1310
November 6th, 2006, 07:54 PM
He is amazing, Im so happy that your pet finder dream dog is a reality....

Keep us posted on everything,

Congrats again!

Frenchy
November 6th, 2006, 09:00 PM
stupid question but will he need like sunscreen and cream for his nose type thing? Does he have sensible skin ?

meb999
November 6th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Oh My Dog!! He's healed up really nicely....he looks absolutely beautifull :cloud9:

greaterdane
November 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
stupid question but will he need like sunscreen and cream for his nose type thing? Does he have sensible skin ?

I was told to put sunscreen on his nose and if hes out in the sun to put a t-shirt on him :)

Prin
November 6th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Very pretty! He's looking so good.:)

rainbow
November 7th, 2006, 04:01 AM
WOW.... He is gorgeous !!!

angeldogs
November 7th, 2006, 04:35 AM
good looking boy.I think he knows it also.

greaterdane
November 7th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I just booked the hotel in PA for Saturday night, and will be picking him up Sunday morning. So very excited :)

chico2
November 7th, 2006, 07:39 AM
All I can say is WOW!!
Adonis looks like an angel,all he needs is his wings:love:

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM
We're expecting minimum one pic a day, you know.

mummummum
November 7th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I am SOOOOOoooooo jealous ~ he's beautiful. I second Prin and up her one = I want at least 2 pix per day. :love:

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I am SOOOOOoooooo jealous Phew! I thought I was the only one...:o

Skryker
November 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM
He's a handsome boy, for sure, and SOOOOO lucky to have a wonderful forever home. I read his story and it was so sad. He really did heal up nicely. Congrats on your new boy, greaterdane!:thumbs up

greaterdane
November 7th, 2006, 06:15 PM
LOL You will all get tons of pics of this boy. Apparently he loves the camera, but is not a fan of the flash. Its probably because of his blue eyes.

Sunday at 11am seems sooooo far away. I am counting down.

Prin
November 7th, 2006, 06:18 PM
That's ok, he's still cute with his eyes shut.:)

~michelle~
November 7th, 2006, 06:20 PM
ONLY 5 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL YOU GET HIM........ keep us posted on how everything works out :) im excited for you......:party:

greaterdane
November 8th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Here are more pictures. They were just sent to me :) Enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/Adonis012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/Adonis010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/Adonis007.jpg

Prin
November 8th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Soooo cute!!! He looks so shiny. Needs a bit of a nail trim though, but who cares!? :D

greaterdane
November 8th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Soooo cute!!! He looks so shiny. Needs a bit of a nail trim though, but who cares!? :D

I was thinking the same thing Prin. That will be done Sunday or sooner if I ask his temp mommy.

Frenchy
November 8th, 2006, 08:40 PM
This dog should be in movies ! :thumbs up

rainbow
November 9th, 2006, 03:57 AM
I second that. :D

Prin
November 9th, 2006, 01:09 PM
No, no movies because then everybody will want an albino dobie and more people will start actively breeding them. :sad:

Frenchy
November 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM
About 48 hours left.........

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2006, 12:30 PM
About 48 hours left.........

Yep! It's getting close! :highfive: Not too much longer till :cloud9:

:D :party: :dog:

greaterdane
November 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I am heading off tomorrow morning with my mom at 10am. We are staying in Washington PA for the night and stopping in Grove City PA for some shopping :cloud9:

I am meeting my friend from WV who has been fostering him for the week at the hotel in Washington at 11am. We should be back over the border at about 4pm Sunday :fingerscr . I will take lots of pictures and post them Sunday night :)

I am so excited....can you tell lol :dog: :cloud9: :p

Frenchy
November 10th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I am so excited....can you tell lol :dog: :cloud9: :p

WE are too ! Can you tell ! :p

jesse's mommy
November 10th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I am heading off tomorrow morning with my mom at 10am. We are staying in Washington PA for the night and stopping in Grove City PA for some shopping :cloud9:

I love Grove City! I haven't been there in YEARS! I'm so jealous. Have fun.

Also, I'm super excited for you too! I can't wait to hear all about the ride home and see pictures!

meb999
November 10th, 2006, 10:10 PM
oooo I can't wait to hear all the details and see more pics :cloud9:

brandynva
November 10th, 2006, 11:57 PM
What a gorgeous boy! I missed his story, so I will have to see if I can find it. His snoz (sp?) looks so incredibly kissable and I'm sure he will con many cookies out of you. Congratulations on your new addition!:love:

angeldogs
November 11th, 2006, 01:35 AM
I don't think my eyes could ever get sore looking at him.can't wait till more pics are posted.What a handsome boy.

glasslass
November 11th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I missed his story too. My first thought was "peaches and cream" coloring. I'm glad he's going to be one of the lucky ones!

meb999
November 11th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I missed his story too. My first thought was "peaches and cream" coloring. I'm glad he's going to be one of the lucky ones!

Greaterdane first posting about him in this thread : http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32160&page=4
he was in pretty bad shape....

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Meb, thanks for posting the link. I also missed it as my computer was down that week. :o

I don't know how some people can be so cruel to an animal. :sad: Thank goodness greaterdane rescued Adonis and he is going to be well cared for from now on. :love:

Looking forward to more pics. :cloud9:

chico2
November 12th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I don't usually miss anything,but I missed that whole very sad thread:sad: all those sad pups needing homes...
Adonis's story is a heartbreaker,I am so very happy some:angel: found him and rescued him and now he's coming to Ontario:thumbs up
Can't wait for GD to come back home with him:highfive:

meb999
November 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM
can't wait to all the new pics tonight :cloud9:

Frenchy
November 12th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Where are you ? :yell:

mummummum
November 12th, 2006, 04:55 PM
:candle: We're waiting....:candle:

It's 4:55 pm... camera phone ? Crackberry ? Smoke signal ? Anything ?

chico2
November 12th, 2006, 05:05 PM
She's probably exhausted,it's a long drive,then the new beautiful doggie has to be her first priority.
I am sure we'll hear from her soon:thumbs up
Hopefully everything went well at the border:fingerscr

greaterdane
November 12th, 2006, 05:53 PM
We just got home and he is amazing! He is such a beautiful boy!

Adonis was great in the car and didnt make a peep the whole way. He loved petsmart, but did prove that he needs some training. You can tell he has the basics, but really needs a brush up. He dosent pull at home, but pulls like a bull in petsmart.

The dogs all seem to get along. He tested Atticus by trying to mount him. He quickly learned that, that will not fly here. The chihuahuas also think he is scum, but they will learn.

I still have to download my pictures, but am going to give him a bath first. He got his nails clipped and is so far my best dog for that. He just stood there as if he liked it.

Hes trying to sit on my lap as I write this. He is just so amazing. I am truly in love :cloud9:

Anyways, off to the bath we go. Wish us luck I'll update later... Probably at about 9pm??? Hopefully the bath will go well. :fingerscr

Frenchy
November 12th, 2006, 05:59 PM
wooohoo ! So glad everything went ok. Take your time , we understand you need to spend some time with him ! So the chi's are not too happy ? :D Can,t wait to see your boy. Congrats ! :thumbs up

~michelle~
November 12th, 2006, 06:00 PM
ok counting down until 9...... im sooo happy for you:cloud9:

cpietra16
November 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM
what a difference some lovin made... congrats and can't wait to see him.

greaterdane
November 12th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Here he is :)

More pictures from home to come. Hes sleeping off the bath lol

These pics are in PA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/IMG_4429.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/IMG_4427.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/IMG_4430.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/IMG_4431.jpg

meb999
November 12th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm glad the trip home went well. Adonis is one lucky guy :thumbs up :cloud9:

greaterdane
November 12th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Here are some more of him on our way to see his new daddy :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/IMG_4444.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/IMG_4445.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/IMG_4455.jpg

And him and Atti after his bath all nekkid :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/BPO/IMG_4467.jpg

mummummum
November 12th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Ohhhhhh my goodness greaterdane I am so happy for you and for Adonis and ALL your furfamily. What a blessing indeed (of course I am still rabidly jealous...) !

mummummum
November 12th, 2006, 09:07 PM
p.s. GORGEOUS collar !

jesse's mommy
November 12th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Greaterdane, Adonis is beautiful. I too love the collar. He is so lucky to have found his home. He seems to fit right in. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
November 12th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Gorgeous boy! He's a lucky dog to have found such an excellent home. :cloud9: He's going to be so happy!

greaterdane
November 12th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Hes fitting in so well. Everyone seems to like him now, and they are all sleeping together. We are having problems with his name though. Everytime I call him, Atticus comes running because they are so similar. We are thinking of other names and could use some help. He is very pretty and comfy with his sexuality lol, so we dont mind pretty boy names. So far we like Aspen and Acadia, but we are looking all over. Something to do with him being white and having blue eyes. Its all up in the air. His original name was Roxton and he dosent come to that either, so I think we can pretty well call him anything and he'll learn it :)

Frenchy
November 12th, 2006, 10:49 PM
A new name ? How about cutie pie :p sorry , I'm not good with pet's names. He is gorgeous ! It must be so cute to see them all together.:cloud9:

rainbow
November 12th, 2006, 11:15 PM
He is sooooo beautiful. :cloud9: I like the name Aspen.

Actually, my boys are Logan and Chase which don't sound alike at all but if I call one they still both come running. :rolleyes:

technodoll
November 12th, 2006, 11:20 PM
call him "coke" :D

or sprite, if you don't want to answer questions, LOL!

TeriM
November 13th, 2006, 12:50 AM
He is so regal and handsome. How about Zeus, Caesar, Baxter, Sigmund or Socrates for names.

hazelrunpack
November 13th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Or keep Adonis for formal and use Donny as a call-name... :shrug:

Prin
November 13th, 2006, 01:06 AM
How is he doing though? Not too freaked out?

chico2
November 13th, 2006, 08:20 AM
OMG,he is stunning as is Atti,brought happy-tears to my eyes:cloud9:
I too am very bad with names,but his regal stance and looks calls for something like Apollo,Caesar,Titus,Cicero,Achilles,Argo,Bacchus,E ros,Spartacus,Zeus to name a few:)
Whatever his name will be he is one very lucky,beautiful dog!!

SunGurl372
November 13th, 2006, 08:31 AM
LOL....I was going to suggest Apollo as well! Truly beautiful puppers!

greaterdane
November 13th, 2006, 01:28 PM
How is he doing though? Not too freaked out?

So far so good. Hes a bit protective of the couch, but other then that..perfect.

Hes holding up to the dobie name though, hes velcro lol :) I have yet to go anywhere without a gold butt following me :)

jiorji
November 13th, 2006, 01:40 PM
awww that's so cute:cloud9:

can we get more pics??maybe a doggie group picture?:o

(hey that should be the new challenge...a picture with all the pets included in one shot;) )

Skryker
November 13th, 2006, 01:44 PM
What a stunner!

Sticking with your classical theme, what about Boreas, the north wind (Bo for short)? Or Midas, since you called him gold-butt? Or Helios, sun god?

technodoll
November 13th, 2006, 01:49 PM
or "rio" , the carnaval dog :D

i know a gorgeous white akita named "cannon", fits him soo perfectly. but this dog doesn't look too boistrous, so... i'd stay away from all the eccentric, fancy-pants names cuz he just looks so demure and un-assuming, he needs a warm, simple and cute name IMO :shrug:

greaterdane
November 13th, 2006, 01:59 PM
What a stunner!

Sticking with your classical theme, what about Boreas, the north wind (Bo for short)? Or Midas, since you called him gold-butt? Or Helios, sun god?

Its funny, I was calling him Midas this morning, and posted that on another forum I belong to. I like it :)

greaterdane
November 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Here is the short list :)

Midas

Acadia

Xavier

Lennex

Valor

Aspen

Or just stay with Adonis

jawert1
November 13th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Beautiful pup greaterdane, he's soooo lucky to have found you. On a side note, but related, the one time Peaches was adopted out (prior to me snaggin' her), the dude named her Atticus (which to me, was always a guys name). Personally, I love the name, and think Adonis *does* look like an Atticus (it's very Roman General - which I think suits him). In any case, love that he's home with you now and settling in :) Congrats!

~michelle~
November 13th, 2006, 02:40 PM
i love love love the name Xavier. ive always wamted to have a dog with that name but ive never had a pup that suited it.

Skryker
November 13th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I have to say I'm really leaning towards Midas. It's regal and has that touch of gold about it. :thumbs up

(I've always wanted to call a dog Bocepheus, but it didn't suit Fingal. Just as well-the vet's office has enough trouble spelling Fingal and Bronwyn, let alone saying them!)

jiorji
November 13th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Here is the short list :)

Acadia

acadia sounds so girly:shrug:

i say go for King Tut or Ramses...to keep the Egyptian theme;)

Prin
November 13th, 2006, 03:38 PM
What are your other dogs' names? Because if we're gonna pick, it'd be easier to pick one not-so-similar to the rest if we knew them all...:shrug:

jiorji
November 13th, 2006, 03:42 PM
ooopss... adonis is from Greek mythology not Egyptian...duhh...well i still like Ramses:thumbs up
I guess I thought Egypt because Adonis's face reminds me of Anubis the dog of the underworld in Egyptian mythology.

Prin
November 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
well i still like Ramses:thumbs up No, I find them cheap. Trojans seem more robust.:shrug: :D

technodoll
November 13th, 2006, 03:45 PM
LOL! Ramses... Sheik... i see a theme here! :D :p

Skryker
November 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM
lol at Prin!http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/lachen/lol01.gif

meb999
November 13th, 2006, 05:19 PM
he's so beautifull. What about Dante?
i also like Lennex :thumbs up

Prin
November 13th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Oh wait.. something to point out the blue eyes and blond hair too..

Paris! :D

(what? It's a guy's name too apparently)

meb999
November 13th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Oh wait.. something to point out the blue eyes and blond hair too..

Paris! :D

(what? It's a guy's name too apparently)

ooooo, he could walk around with your Chi in a purse :D

Frenchy
November 13th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Man you guys have weird taste in pet names :eek: I vote for Xavier,sounds french = class! :p

rainbow
November 13th, 2006, 08:36 PM
What are your other dogs' names? Because if we're gonna pick, it'd be easier to pick one not-so-similar to the rest if we knew them all...:shrug:

I agree....we need the names of your other dogs and your new short list in case you added Dante to it. :D :fingerscr

brandynva
November 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Greaterdane: I just went back and read Adonis' story and am thrilled you were able to take him in. He looks amazingly better from his first pictures to now. He looks very sweet and loving. Congratulations again!

angeldogs
November 14th, 2006, 05:12 AM
I like name Zeus also.He is a lucky boy congrats.

chico2
November 14th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Blond and blueyed,long legs..hmmm "Swede" comes to mind:D

greaterdane
November 14th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Well we are still undecided on the name. Adonis does seem to be working now. We really like Midas and Lennex too. Adonis seems to have the most meaning though.

We also have the perfect nickname that he seems to respond to. Dobie One Canobie :) BWHAHAHA. Someone called him that at the dog park, and it has stuck.

We lost him at the dog park last night. It was so foggy, we couldnt see him. We had to go searching lol.

He is such an awesome dog. We love him to bits :)

greaterdane
November 14th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Also, My other dogs are Atticus, Osiris, Sable, Gizmo and Vixen :) Adonis seems to be sticking though. He will have a million nicknames though, once he learns his real name :)

erykah1310
November 14th, 2006, 12:09 PM
LOTUS, thats my suggestion. I think it would work.;)

chico2
November 14th, 2006, 04:40 PM
WOW,I might have seen it before,but you now have SIX dogs:eek:
Hopefully also an unlimited bank-account:D
Adonis must think he's on :cloud9:,what a very lucky doggie to end up in your home.
Do people in the dogpark ask about him??
I am thinking you do not take all six dogs there by yourself??

greaterdane
November 14th, 2006, 05:14 PM
WOW,I might have seen it before,but you now have SIX dogs:eek:
Hopefully also an unlimited bank-account:D
Adonis must think he's on :cloud9:,what a very lucky doggie to end up in your home.
Do people in the dogpark ask about him??
I am thinking you do not take all six dogs there by yourself??

3 of the 6 are chihuahuas, all under 5lbs. They are not really dog park material. A good run around the yard, or a walk around the block has them poopered lol.

I do take 3 to the park at once though.

So far everyone has asked about him. They want to know his mix, or if hes a Pharoh hound. Or they know hes a dobe and feel bad asking if he is one. I'm sure I'll get alot of comments. :)

greaterdane
November 14th, 2006, 05:15 PM
We finally decided on a name :)

After much debate, we decided on Phoenix. I think he likes it, and is already turning around when we call it. Whoohoo, hes no longer the dog with no name lol.

Thanks everyone for all your help.:D

chico2
November 19th, 2006, 02:24 PM
How's Phoenix getting along???We need to see more pics and hear more of his adventures:love:

greaterdane
November 19th, 2006, 11:50 PM
How's Phoenix getting along???We need to see more pics and hear more of his adventures:love:

We're probably going to the park tomorrow, so I'll take lots of pictures...For now hes passed out in bed :)

greaterdane
November 20th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Here are some new pictures :) My attempt at a family pic, minus the chocolate fuzzbutt who was enjoying the heat under the couch and wouldnt come out.

The others are Atticus in his new mini horse blanket. Its actually made for a mini horse :) He loves it. The pictures were taken at the boys garage, so dont mind the car parts lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/Phoenix/boys.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/Phoenix/boysgirls.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/Phoenix/IMG_4755.jpg

chico2
November 20th, 2006, 07:18 AM
OMG,the picture of the 5 of them is priceless:D Hope you don't mind,I saved it in my album:dog:

cpietra16
November 20th, 2006, 07:41 AM
I picture those little guys in the dog park being teased by other dogs and with a mischevious smile they call for their brothers:D :D :D
I bet no one bothers them :D :D

greaterdane
November 20th, 2006, 10:41 AM
OMG,the picture of the 5 of them is priceless:D Hope you don't mind,I saved it in my album:dog:

I'll have to get you a better one without he blurred background. Also there is a fluffy little chocolate chi missing from the pic. I'll attempt a full crew soon :D

LibbyP
November 20th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I picture those little guys in the dog park being teased by other dogs and with a mischevious smile they call for their brothers:D :D :D
I bet no one bothers them :D :D

You'd be surprised but its those little tiny ones that ya have to watch out for, big dogs trapped in little dog bodies :D

Love the mini blanket, cannot see does it have the straps that go under his belly and around his back legs so you don't have to worry about shifting

greaterdane
November 20th, 2006, 02:10 PM
You'd be surprised but its those little tiny ones that ya have to watch out for, big dogs trapped in little dog bodies :D

Love the mini blanket, cannot see does it have the straps that go under his belly and around his back legs so you don't have to worry about shifting

Yes :) It has thigh straps and a belly strap. The tag even said mini lol. They had the dog ones, but they were a bit snug on his tummy. We got it at horseworld :)

mummummum
November 20th, 2006, 02:36 PM
What a happy gang! Atticus could be the twin to a dane in my nabe. Phoenix is a very appropriate name given this sweet boy's history (I do confess I quite liked "Adonis" but I can see where there might be some of the "What? I thought you were talking to him" and "Yes? Did someone call me for a treat? here I am!").

Frenchy
November 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM
What a happy happy family! I'm very glad it all worked out ok ! :thumbs up

rainbow
November 21st, 2006, 02:29 AM
Love the pic of all of them together. Who is the husky cross? :cloud9: