Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need help with name

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 03:54 PM
I am not to good for choosing names. I tought I liked Pavarti (for my new foster,stray dog,no name) but sometimes I call her Pavarti and other times ; Parvati. Right now I figure she thinks her name is ; easy with the cat! So I need an easy name for both french and english people. Here's pics of her,might help ?

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 03:56 PM
This might help too, her personality is velcro to people,not too hyper...a love bug. Always wagging her tail (she has an enormous bump on it,will have the vet check it out)

cpietra16
November 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Well you're from Sherrington, she's a sweetheart, and I guess I would probably go with the obvious...."cherie" and its a word that everone in any language can pronouce with the right accent:D

TeriM
November 5th, 2006, 04:29 PM
OK, probably think I'm nuts but I love the name Ethel for a girl.
Also like Annie (may be appropriate with her being an "Orphan").
Great job fostering by the way, you inspire.

Angies Man
November 5th, 2006, 04:38 PM
She looks like a real Lulu of a dog to me.

I like to keep pet names simple and generally they end with -y or-ie. She is a very pretty dog, btw.

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I like Lulu!

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM
hummmm,I like what I see,let's keep them coming !

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Suzie...

Lucy...

Sandy...

Sylvie...

Zoey...

Katie...

umm...:shrug:

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Suzie...

Lucy...

Sandy...

Sylvie...

Zoey...

Katie...

umm...:shrug:

Prin Prin Prin, I did not ask for names for my future baby girl ! :p

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Mais non! If you had asked that, I'd say 'Prin'. :D

I'm not good with pet names... I think they should all have human names because pet names are condescending. :o JMO..

What about Jenny?

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 05:10 PM
What about Jenny?

What if her future family has a Jenny,like the wife or daughter and then decide not to adopt her to avoid confusing. HEY,it could happen ? :p I don't like people's name for pets.:shrug: I like cute names....

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Ok, then FrouFrou...:D

Ok, really... umm... Goldie. How's that?
Ok, I'll just go away now.:D :o

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Ok, then FrouFrou...:D

Only if Paris Hilton wanted to adopt her !

mummummum
November 5th, 2006, 05:14 PM
:love: Bella :love:

(it's Italian for beautiful...)

~michelle~
November 5th, 2006, 06:04 PM
oh my I WANT HER she is sooooooo cute.......
I think she sorta looks like a Molly. or are you a fan of exotic names ? I suck with naming, I spent a week picking logans name and 3 days for braxton

hazelrunpack
November 5th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Well, I looked at that first pick and the first name that came to my mind was... "Hi, Mom" :confused: I know...not a name...unless you made it one: Hymom. Oh, wait...the feminine form would be Hyma... :D and Prin thinks she isn't good at this name thing...I always let Rick name our dogs... :sorry: :shrug:

But she is beautiful! Look at that smile! I don't suppose you'd consider Smiley, eh?:o

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 06:20 PM
oh my I WANT HER she is sooooooo cute.......
I think she sorta looks like a Molly.

:D No can do,I have another foster named....Molly (has her own thread in the adopt a dog thread) ! BTW both gorgeous,both up for ADOPTION after they get spayed.....HINT HINT ! ok I decided, mummmum won a big thank you. Bella it is ! So I can officialy post about her adoption.yea !

wdawson
November 5th, 2006, 06:24 PM
is that a spot on her tongue?.......all my pets have names...but they are all called sweetie.....they all know sweetie

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 06:27 PM
What about Dioji (pronounced D-O-G :D )

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 06:36 PM
is that a spot on her tongue?.......all my pets have names...but they are all called sweetie.....they all know sweetie

Yes it is. Sam , Molly and BELLA ! have all spots on their tongue. I think it means high intelligence :D

mummummum
November 5th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Yay !!! Well that's it then Bella you are half-way to your forever home now !! She really is a gorgeous gallywag Frenchy ~ I don't know how you do it but I'm ever so glad you do!:thumbs up

coppperbelle
November 5th, 2006, 07:05 PM
When I first saw her picture she reminded me of my Belle that passed away two years ago. I think Bella is a perfect name for her. How is she aside from the bump on her tail?

Frenchy
November 5th, 2006, 07:18 PM
When I first saw her picture she reminded me of my Belle that passed away two years ago. I think Bella is a perfect name for her. How is she aside from the bump on her tail?

You're right! I remember seing a picture of Belle. Bella has a few pounds to shed but she's not fat. just big boned ! (kidding!) I'm putting olive oil in her food because her coat is very thin and not soft at all. (just like Bailey when I adopted him) she prefers the company of humains but doesn't mind the other dogs. Too curious of cats....Monsieur le chat had to put his paw down a couple of times. People from the pound tought she is about 6 yr old.Will know more at the vet this week.

meb999
November 5th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I'm not good with pet names... I think they should all have human names because pet names are condescending. :o JMO..

human names like Boo? :D
I agree...I like human names for dogs too....mine came with a name, and I thought he had enough ajusting to do without having to figure out a new name :o So even though everybody's boxer is named Buster, so is mine. If it had been up to me, I would have named him Spencer....

sorry, back on topic! Bella is a beautifull name :love:

OntarioGreys
November 5th, 2006, 08:56 PM
What if her future family has a Jenny,like the wife or daughter and then decide not to adopt her to avoid confusing. HEY,it could happen ? :p I don't like people's name for pets.:shrug: I like cute names....

A quite a few adopters prefer to pick their own names for their dogs, so it really does not matter if it sounds similiar to one of the family names.

When I look at her I see the name Sophie.

mafiaprincess
November 5th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Cinnamon
Spice
Amber

rainbow
November 5th, 2006, 09:13 PM
A quite a few adopters prefer to pick their own names for their dogs, so it really does not matter if it sounds similiar to one of the family names.

I agree. I also give mine human names because they are part of the family so think they should have human names. ;)

I also think she "looks" like a "Sophie". :D

Bella is good too (and Italian for beautiful) but Sophia Loren is Italian and also beautiful. :D

coppperbelle
November 6th, 2006, 06:38 AM
We have to remember that Bella is in Quebec and will need a name that can be pronounced easily in both languages.
While many adopters do change the name some do not. At least Bella is safe and I am sure she won't mind if her new mom and dad changes her name a couple of times.

happycats
November 6th, 2006, 07:11 AM
First thing I thought when I saw the picture "Bailey". :love:

we3beagles
November 6th, 2006, 09:47 PM
:) Isabella is "beautiful lady". You could call her bella for short.

Maya
November 7th, 2006, 12:16 AM
She's a real sweet looking dog. The first thing I thought was that her fur is almost a ginger colour... I don't know if Ginger would sound nice in French though.

[edit]Oops guess i was to late.:p

Frenchy
November 7th, 2006, 12:33 PM
:) Isabella is "beautiful lady". You could call her bella for short.

I like it ! It has class! Maya ; you're not too late. I will probably foster other stray dogs and will come back here to choose a name !

normag
November 7th, 2006, 03:11 PM
She looks like a Rusty or a Pal to me. she has a lovely smile in that first picture.

Mahealani770
November 7th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Hey! I didn't get to put my 2 cents in! What about Veronique! Cecile! Helene!
I can't make the accent graves and aigus on this computer!

( I love the name Bella. My pug Tsuki was "Bella" for 3 days:shrug: )

lewisw
November 14th, 2006, 04:53 PM
We are interested in her and have already been in contact with Frenchy.

IF she gets along with Dani we will adopt her and Bella is a beautiful name Sarah and I will keep the name.

Keep you informed if Bella is the next addition to our home .

Best to all,
Lewis

Prin
November 14th, 2006, 04:55 PM
:fingerscr Hope it works out.:highfive:

rainbow
November 15th, 2006, 12:30 AM
That is great news.....what a wonderful home she would be going to. Fingers crossed that it works out. :fingerscr