Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our day at the dog park...

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Little miss water dog...

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:04 PM
The first one is the only dog at the park with issues. For the first hour this dog tried to mount Jesse and would not let up. So, she would run to Daddy everytime this dog tried to mount her. Of course, the owner was on the OTHER SIDE OF THE PARK. Other owners started helping us get this dog off of Jesse. He was an intact male that had an irresponsible owner. :frustrated:

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Playtime! Woo Hoo!

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I'm having so much fun!

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Mom and Dad, this is the coolest!

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I just love this!

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:10 PM
For Prin and Technodoll!

wdawson
November 5th, 2006, 12:12 PM
looks like you all had a great day

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:13 PM
A St. Bernard and a lab who was afraid to stick his head under water.

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Fishing doggie and our drive home!

technodoll
November 5th, 2006, 12:19 PM
you have a WATER dog park? :eek: ok that's it, i am moving!! :frustrated: :D

beautiful photos and thank you for sharing the sunshine and happy faces, everyone looks so well-behaved too - and see!! not all akitas are vicious, LOL! looks like a girl but i can't tell for sure, anyways it's a NICE dog! do you know anything about it? and the dobie looks great too! :highfive:

so how tired was jesse after her adventures, LOL!

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:28 PM
This truly is a great dog park. It's on 23 acres of land and has a huge lake! There are paths that go through the woods to walk on. We just stuck by the water today.

All the dogs were wonderful except for the one that wouldn't leave Jesse alone. But I blame the owner for that one, not the dog.

The Akita was a girl and her name was Roshi. She was very sweet and very vocal. She wasn't growly, just vocal and giving lots of Rooooorooooos!

Jesse is exhausted and sleeping on the couch right now letting out lots of big sighs. :cloud9:

There was a shaggy dog there, that I didn't get a picture of. He was the best. They left, but said they would be back another day. The dog was playing and ran into a pole and hurt his leg. We went over to help check him out and I'm positive he just bruised himself and just wanted some attention. We all gave him a good rub down and he started walking again, with a little limp. Poor little thing. There were also a couple of great danes, a few rotties, this awesome pug and an overall good crowd of dogs and people. It was really nice.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 5th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Awesome pics Jesse Mommy - thats it I have to get Joey used to other dogs so we can go to the doggie beach :D

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Great pics! I didn't realize Jesse was so teeny. I LOVE her ears. That from behind shot with her ear out... :cloud9: :thumbs up

Great! :)

rainbow
November 5th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Great pics and it sure looks like everyones had a good time. :thumbs up

That park is definitely every dog's dream. :cloud9: We don't even have a dog park here. :sad: The closest one is 35 miles away and I've heard it's not very good. :(

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I didn't realize Jesse was so teeny.

She is teeny, but 65 pounds of muscle. :D

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Well yeah. I mean, you can see her gigantic cut hiney muscles in a couple of those pics...;) (unlike that poor fat dobie...:()

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2006, 01:11 PM
But I'll tell you, that dobie was one of the fastest dogs there. He was a speed demon!

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Ahh, so he just needs to go more often then.;)

Skryker
November 5th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I'm so jealous! We went for a walk today by the river and it was cold and grey and wet!

It looks like a fantastic place and Jesse looks so happy. :thumbs up

technodoll
November 5th, 2006, 01:55 PM
the dobie doesn't look fat to me, you can see his muscles - he just has a very deep ribcage and i'm betting he's at least 5 or 5 years old, he's got a mature body on him. the pose isn't too flattering though, if he was properly stacked it would be easier to see his real build... some lines produce thick dogs (deep chest and not as pronounced a tuck-up) but they are not fat, ie doughy and soft-thick. :shrug:

Skryker
November 5th, 2006, 02:11 PM
He looks extra chunky to me because his legs look short-he's cut off at the knees by the water!

Prin
November 5th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I dunno- looks like a dobie head, dobie legs and rott body.:shrug:

rainbow
November 5th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I agree....his head looks too small for his body.

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Here is what Jesse looked like from the time we got home, until the time she ran into the wall tonight...

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2006, 09:49 PM
We did move to the other sofa. This one had a pillow. :D

Prin
November 6th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Very cute! I'd love to slap her hiney! (affectionately, of course)

mummummum
November 7th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Awww no Prin, look at that little pink belly, it's just begging for a some belly-lovins. What great pix ~ looks like a terrific park and an interesting mix of dogs! Sigh...it's brrrr here ~ I have my faux sheepskin slippers on and am very jealous of all that sunshine. Lucky Jesse!

rainbow
November 7th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I like her little pink toe too. :D

greaterdane
November 7th, 2006, 04:50 AM
I'm packing my bags and moving to Florida :)

Great pictures!!

chico2
November 7th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Beautiful pics!!! Paradise for dogs/people:thumbs up